• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do NFs have agenda?

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
My agenda is to make the family I wanted, but didn't have. A loving mom and dad, a bunch of kids, a comfortable home with happiness and peace. My agenda is to be a good friend to my friends and to be a little nicer to strangers than they expect.

And also, lunch. ;)

Oh, oh!! That too. :wubbie:

Cafe, would you say you've succeeded?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It's not a stereotype if it's true.

This thread got so derailed because you cut us all off at the nose. Like angry ayrab said, we want to save the world. One person at a time.

In that case I am sorry. It is just that I wanted to avoid simple answers.
And to be honest I did not have an idea that my original post was so hostile for NFs.
But that would expailn the reaction quite well.

And where I live word stereotype can be used for cases where stereotype
is correct or incorrect.

Last edited:

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
We all know that NTs have general agenda and everybody know what it is.
(at least I think so)
Are you serious?

So I am asking does the same works for NFs.

By this I mean that, some picture of the world would have to come to reality before NFs can claim "victory".

To be totally direct do all of you have a common goal ?
What a fascinating concept - an NF conspiracy. Hah!

If answer is YES then what is it?

Personally, I've given up on politics. (I'm not even sure if by "agenda" you meant "political agenda".) Why have I given up? Because it requires group action, and I've given up on groups. Why? Because even the people who believe that they are politically awakened are usually still not thinking for themselves. They are reacting, reacting, reacting.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reasonably so, I think, so far.

Yeah, the lunch was good
lickout.gif

grendiecat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Didn't fully realize we were on a save the world mission, but I work with cancer patients, and yeah, I try every day to help my patients save their lives. So my mission is to help my patients save their lives, and to cultivate happiness for me and my son. Happiness = close relationships with a few people who get me and adventure--a speedy ATV, etc;)

heart

heart on fire
To be totally direct do all of you have a common goal ?

If answer is YES then what is it?

I ask because from the outside it looks like answer is no.
And I don't accept "We want everybody to be happy" as answer.

Also I ask because the entire NF thing is blur to me.

There's a BIG difference between an ENFJ and INFP and how they see things and what motivates them etc. Grouping all NF together is just a mistake from the get-go.

ENFJ, INFJ have Fe as judging function.
ENFP, INFP have Fi as judging function.

A

Personally, I've given up on politics. (I'm not even sure if by "agenda" you meant "political agenda".) Why have I given up? Because it requires group action, and I've given up on groups. Why? Because even the people who believe that they are politically awakened are usually still not thinking for themselves. They are reacting, reacting, reacting.

Me too. In the state of our current world, group action mostly doomed to failure. Here's why.

It is just this banding together and the resultant extinction of the individual personality that makes it succumb so readily to a dictator.

A million zeros joined together do not, unfortunately, add up to one. Ultimately everything depends on the quality of the individual, but the fatally shortsighted habit of our age is to think only in terms of large numbers and mass organizations, though one would think that the world has seen more than enough of what a well-disciplined mob can do in the hands of a single madman.

Unfortunately, this realization does not seem to have penetrated very far and our blindness in this respect is extremely dangerous. People go on blithely organizing and believing in the sovereign remedy of mass action, without the least consciousness of the fact that the most powerful organizations can be maintained only by the greatest ruthlessness of their leaders and the cheapest of slogans...more at the link

Carl Jung from The Undiscovered Self

If I had one goal in life, it would to wake others up to find their own inner direction and clean their own mental/emotional houses in their own way. We have to be whole and healed individuals before we can heal the world. No one else can heal us, they can help us, but it is not something that can be impressed externally. No lasting change can come from external pressures but only through individuals, one by one. This is a hard truth to accept because it can seem so hopeless but it is the only way as far I can see it.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
If I had one goal in life, it would to wake others up to find their own inner direction and clean their own mental/emotional houses in their own way. We have to be whole and healed individuals before we can heal the world. No one else can heal us, they can help us, but it is not something that can be impressed externally. No lasting change can come from external pressures but only through individuals, one by one. This is a hard truth to accept because it can seem so hopeless but it is the only way as far I can see it.

Yes and no.

No one person can ever be fully whole and healed, and still be a functional living human.

You will always have some type of inner struggle or dynamic.

In biochemistry, when a cells delta-G has reached zero, it is at full equilibrium and has no more potential. This cell is now dead. That is how the circle of life works.

You must have some sort of inner struggle or inner dynamic that you are working with or else you would be perfect. Once you are perfect then you seize to be in the realm of mere mortal.

We must accept the fact that we will never be perfect, but since we were created as social animals, we can work together to help each other achieve the higher levels in life. That is what I meant by saying that I wish to first work on myself to the best of my ability, and then try to help my family and friends work on themselves in hopes of reaching a greater humanity as a whole, in the same way that the atoms in an atomic reactor help to activate each other to change.

So, we agree, on that we need to come together as a whole, but I disagree with the fact that one must be perfect before they can influence others.

heart

heart on fire
Since when does healing or individuating equal God like perfection? :huh: Am I missing something here?

"Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well" - Vernon Howard

sleep

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not much of an agenda person. I don't really understand what I want to do other than be happy and make others happy. A family would be nice, and so would a comfy job, but for the most part, I'm really just unawares at this point. I am seventeen though, and I've never been entirely driven (an INFP stereotype if there ever was one) maybe the future holds something else. For the most part, though, I just want to make people happy, and help people understand.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Since when does healing or individuating equal God like perfection? :huh: Am I missing something here?

"Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well" - Vernon Howard

We have to be whole and healed individuals before we can heal the world. No one else can heal us, they can help us, but it is not something that can be impressed externally.

My apologies, I assumed you meant that we have to be perfect before we advise others from the above quote, I must be wrong so my sincere apologies to you.

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
agendas aren't really a part of the NFP I don't think, maybe the Js more, but in general for the NF it is all about making life better for others in whatever way. We concentrate more on our values and living in sync with them, not agendas.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People, please. Enough with this rampant cogitation! I've already taken over the world (sans Canada, Argentina, and parts of Australia, which are proving to be quite the hold-outs...). Agendas are moot! I am your conscience now!

*Force chokes the thread*

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People, please. Enough with this rampant cogitation! I've already taken over the world (sans Canada, Argentina, and parts of Australia, which are proving to be quite the hold-outs...). Agendas are moot! I am your conscience now!

*Force chokes the thread*

VADER! Release them!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're not the boss of me, little green whateveryouare!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok agenda is probably too strong notion. What I mean by agenda is some personal goal which is common for NFs.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Ok agenda is probably too strong notion. What I mean by agenda is some personal goal which is common for NFs.

Of course NF's have personal goals -- yes, some will have them in common with other NF's. Some NF personal goals will be the same as NT's, SJ's and SP's too!

The way you are phrasing these questions is really throwing me off. I believe *everyone* has agenda's or personal goals, it kind of galls me that you are asking this of one type as if they don't.

And personal goals are just that -- personal. To the person. Another ENFP on here and I could have wildly different personal goals but still be ENFP's.

If you just want to know more about this type, maybe try rephrasing these questions. As in "NF's what are your personal goals?" Then you can see how common individual NF's personal goals, but asking the way you are currently is giving a negative message (which you probably do not intend.)

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX

After re-reading your original question, I thought maybe you meant to ask something like, "What would the world have to be like for you to stop wanting to change it?"