• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ+INFJ relationship, any thoughts about this?

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I now have a new very good potential love interest who is an INFJ.:D

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
For me, I think a relationship with another INFJ would be amazing in some ways but have too many practical pitfalls to work. Once it got off the ground, you'd have an amazing emotional connection and endless things to talk about between yourselves. On the negative side, too many of the same weaknesses...overly idealistic about the relationship, critical of one another, not expressive enough...not to mention that I could see your social circle being pretty limited. It mgiht be one of those things that burned bright and then fizzled, but that you'd always idealize in your mind after the fact, lamenting the loss of that connection. On the other hand, INFJs come in different forms and with different levels of expressiveness, outgoingness, etc. As long as I weren't looking at a mirror image, maybe it would work.

If I had to guess for myself, I could more easily see myself with an ENXJ or INTJ. I'm kind of uncomfortable initiating things when it comes to relationships, so NT initiative and practicality might be good in that sense. The strengths and weaknesses seem more likely to complement one another. But you like who you like, and who can forecast that?

GardenGirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ + INFJ

My husband and I are both INFJs. He's an artist and I'm a landscape designer. From the first moment we met, we felt an instant deep connection and mutual understanding of each other. We're both pretty balanced as far as the feeling side and sometimes cross over to test as INTJs, so we don't have a tendency to be overly emotional or "cry all the time," as some people have suggested might happen here.

We both prefer spending time together or with small groups of friends and find socializing with large groups of strangers to be exhausting. We have the best time together either when enjoying the peace and beauty of nature or when engaged in imaginative activity, such as painting or creating sculptures with our 4-year-old, or working on our garden together.

We are probably much less verbal than many of the other personality types, and that can be a little boring at times, but when we put our minds together, we find that we're capable of creating a pretty fantastic inner world that works for us. It takes work, just like any relationship does, but most of the time it seems to flow smoothly.

I think for an INFJ, the feeling of understanding and being understood is pretty valuable. The emotional depths experienced in this relationship are extremely satisfying. We're also very gentle and compassionate with each other and seldom argue, which can be wonderful for two people who detest drama and can be so easily wounded by it.

I should add that we've been together for 8 years total now.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Oh my goodness, yes. I think that if I ever met myself I would find me insufferable. A male version of me would be even worse ;)

This was pretty much my first reaction upon reading the title of this thread. I've said it loads of times; if I had to live with me, I'd fuckin' KILL ME.

I need the balance, not more weight on my end of the seesaw.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
P.S. I know that I ALREADY 'live with me', that wasn't a suicide threat.

Penda

MBTI Type
INFJ
Sure it sounds nice. She would stare longingly into my eyes and me into hers. The fires would be kindled and burn brightly. We would spoil each other and strive to create the idyllic romance. In our golden years, we would sit in our orchard and watch the sun disappear behind the hills, holding hands and sharing our rich collaborative fantasy.

Unfortunately INFJs are just so damn stubborn. Unless we have the same ideals and goals, there will definitely be a contest of wills, and none of the normal tricks will work. I suppose there would be some good loving to be had, but I would probably do better with an ENFP or ENTP.

secondhandsight

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
As a non-glutton for punishment I'd avoid this
like an incestuous plague. The challenge of
growth using two similar approaches would be
stultifyingly successful, I think. Plus I need to
be saved from myself, ENxPs for the win ;)

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IF THEY MEET MY OTHER CRITERIA

*insert list A*

eternal recurrence

MBTI Type
iNfj
As a non-glutton for punishment I'd avoid this
like an incestuous plague. The challenge of
growth using two similar approaches would be
stultifyingly successful, I think. Plus I need to
be saved from myself, ENxPs for the win ;)

On a similar approach to things -
This is assuming that a tool a person has cannot be enhanced by the application of the same tool. Maybe more can be more not less. Digging a hole with two shovels instead of one?

Depends on what you are facing...

Omission1234

My husband and I are both INFJs. He's an artist and I'm a landscape designer. From the first moment we met, we felt an instant deep connection and mutual understanding of each other. We're both pretty balanced as far as the feeling side and sometimes cross over to test as INTJs, so we don't have a tendency to be overly emotional or "cry all the time," as some people have suggested might happen here.

We both prefer spending time together or with small groups of friends and find socializing with large groups of strangers to be exhausting. We have the best time together either when enjoying the peace and beauty of nature or when engaged in imaginative activity, such as painting or creating sculptures with our 4-year-old, or working on our garden together.

We are probably much less verbal than many of the other personality types, and that can be a little boring at times, but when we put our minds together, we find that we're capable of creating a pretty fantastic inner world that works for us. It takes work, just like any relationship does, but most of the time it seems to flow smoothly.

I think for an INFJ, the feeling of understanding and being understood is pretty valuable. The emotional depths experienced in this relationship are extremely satisfying. We're also very gentle and compassionate with each other and seldom argue, which can be wonderful for two people who detest drama and can be so easily wounded by it.

I should add that we've been together for 8 years total now.

i love this :) i always feel instantly attracted to infj personalities i guess because they are similar to myself and their perspectives are described how i try to describe them. Its "ohh i knew what you meant!" it just is effortless but the ideas, points still are said. I really enjoy enfp's too and sometimes entp's (they are whirlwinds) but exciting and i love chatting with them. The ones i met are flakey sooo I don't really know how they would end up in a relationship but yeah. I would love to test the infj and infj match maybe it'll happen someday. I think also it would be good because the worry of not being understood or being taken not seriously would be gone. Also I think both infj parties would and could still grow, intellectually, spiritually etc. I know I don't need another person or personality to reflect my lessons or views on life and spirituality. I like to read, watch people, listen and chat with other people (and therefore personalities) so I would still be developing. I would just be lucky enough to have another infj where we can fully understand each other on more than a physical and daily existence. I don't know if that makes sense to others or just sounds like a typical infj's perfect utopia but I fully believe it can and does work and to me seems like one of the best pairings.

-H

"I know I don't need another person or personality to reflect my lessons or views on life and spirituality"
I meant this in respect to being dependent solely on your romantic partner.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Relationships with NF's always have this incestual quality, for me.. I imagine it'd be even worse with someone of my own type.

Omission1234

It would be like this:

bahaha :D this video is hilarious also I haven't seen this movie but zach galifianakis makes me uncomfortable in his acting/not? it leaves me really confused and yeah.. i never got over " the fern" interviews he did. tense and awkward and it was too much for me to take in. But I do enjoy alot of his stuff.

Yeah I think infj's incertain social situations where resposibilities and expectations are seen, will be incredibly outgoing. Together alone I'm not really sure? I think it could really work but alot of people don't.

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a close friend who has the same personality as me in mbti, enneagram, socionics, AND the five temperaments.

Good things:
-We understand exactly why the other person is pissed at someone.
-We both lament the insensitive state of the world together.
-We feel totally comfortable around each other.
-We use sarcasm to mock each other but know when to stop.
-We always make sure the other person has their needs met and is having fun.
-We easily show affection.

Bad things:
-We're terribly indecisive about what we're going to do together.
-We assume that the other person is going to react in the same way.
-It's easy to keep passive-agressive secrets from each other.
-It takes effort for us to initiate interaction.
-We are only moderately entertained when we're together.
-We can't really give each other advice.