• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, what bothers you the most about INTPs?

What bothers you the most?

• selfishness

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • arrogance

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • insensitivity

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • immaturity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rigidity

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • detachment/apathy

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Explain!)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems like NF's and INTPs sometimes have differing takes on the world. What things bother NF's the most, I wonder?

It's not public, so the INTP mafia will not hunt you down and troll you. :)

G

Glycerine

A few of them nitpick over the most pointless crap to appear "smarter". The nitpicking can be warranted in many contexts but not in all. I have noticed that it's usually the insecure that need to nitpick the most to prove "shit". But then, there are those who truly brilliant who like to enlighten others (in a good way... so the nitpicking is warranted... not in a "pissing contest" sort of way).:)

EDIT: I mean if the "nitpicking" has a point or purpose, I don't mind it but if it's a glorified ego boost/mental masturbation, then I want to :whistling: :BangHead:
I am supposedly NFJ. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Malicious intent and intentional harming of others, be it out of revenge or sheer boredom/curiosity/lack of empathy.

Edit: let me be clear, this would be my answer for any type, as all have this capacity.

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Malicious intent and intentional harming of others, be it out of revenge or sheer boredom/curiosity/lack of empathy.

Funny that's what bothers me too.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Great powers of understanding + lack of empathy can be a dangerous weapon if the INTP doesn't check themselves.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're not an NF. Don't tamper with the study!

That's why I said "funny."

I'll do whatever I damn well please. Don't tell me not to. I'll cut you.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've only ever met one that I'm pretty sure about, so this is just fwiw. It was my one professor, and though I generally liked him, sometimes his nitpicking got ridiculous. Sometimes he would be like "That sentence is too vague because this word could mean this or this or this . . ." and it's like, come on now, you don't actually think that person could have meant that obscure meaning?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've been married to an INTP for twenty-one years and he is my favorite person in the world. It can, at times, be difficult to get him to state a preference/make a decision and I think that has been the thing that has consistently irritated me the most over the years. Still, compared to almost everyone else I know, he's very easy to get along with and frequently entertaining.

Other INTPs are all over the place, in terms or whether and how they bother me. Some are assholes, but I don't blame that on type. It's a choice. The ones who are not, I generally find quite charming.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
arrogance, and the idea that being super-logical is always the right way to approach a situation. which is related to arrogance, imo. more concern with being correct than right, if that makes any sense.

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Insensitivity, followed by arrogance. One instance in particular I recall is a female INTP trying to tell me she invalidated my feelings with her 'logic.' Which in itself is highly illogical, not that she could see it due to wanting to be 'right.'

Also this. I had a male INTP friend who did that a lot. It got to the point where I had to cut off all contact with him because I could not tolerate all the utterly warrantless put downs and denigration of my beliefs when I had never done any of that to him, I treated him quite the opposite, with respect and acceptance, not judging him based on the things we did not agree on. In spite of how much I enjoyed talking to him about our common interests, I will not keep myself exposed to such toxicity. It really drags me down emotionally.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wouldn't this depend on the type of NF?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And even more so, on the individual?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I generally like INTPs -- I usually get where they are coming from. My dad's INTP -- so they're like family or something :laugh:

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I voted "other", so I'll explain. Other than the INTPs here at TypoC, I've known two definite INTPs irl. The biggest problem I had with both of them was keeping up with what they were saying. One spewed out ideas so fast, that two hours later I would realize what he had been talking about.

Personally, I didn't see any of the other listed choices in the INTPs I knew. Well, okay, maybe immaturity in one, but that was because she and I were both in high school and we were immature, so I don't think that counts.

ETA: In case it was unclear, I really liked both of the INTPs I knew. They were witty, playful and talented. Though they both had human failings, those were far outweighed by their strengths.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the idea that being super-logical is always the right way to approach a situation. which is related to arrogance, imo.

^ Yes, this. I voted arrogance. Specifically it's in assuming the subjective preference to be the best for everyone because it's "correct". Plus sometimes there's some weird kind of inferior Fe connection with the Ti-calculated answer being the best for the group but not realizing that each individual might have a preference that makes the "best" answer not very good in practice.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wouldn't this depend on the type of NF?
And even more so, on the individual?

200px-CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

/insensitive intp

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nitpicking is right... an INTP with a heavyhanded Ti would be arguing semantics in language. They are so focused on fixing inconsistencies that I think they deviate themselves from the general picture.