• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, what bothers you the most about INTPs?

What bothers you the most?

• selfishness

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • arrogance

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • insensitivity

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • immaturity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rigidity

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • detachment/apathy

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Explain!)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

ummm

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like being "put down" when an INTP gets distracted. It's like, "squirrel" and then everything about the social dynamic I've worked so hard to build up with them is gone. There is no such thing as social currency to an INTP. I think if they're around you long enough, they just get used to you and that inferior Fe kicks in and then they're like: "whaaa, where'd you go while I was working on solving the fractle equation of binary suppositions to save the universe just now?" :happy2:

This is kind of my gripe with FJs.

You're not wrong, though. l really don't view it in the same way and am not an ENTP who employs the best use of Fe.

l can tell that when l'm socializing with an INFJ, the give and take is very important...even if what's being exchanged isn't very meaningful to me. l think it's difficult for them not to take that personally.

l wouldn't say l hate small talk but this could be called small talk, just conversation that l don't find especially appealing and it drains me. So l do tend to put them on an ignore mode when that happens.
The difficulty comes in when my feelings are analyzed by them during that period, l honestly do not possess the ability to argue with someone about things l may or not have been angry about (when l just needed space) but of course, not every NFJ will react this way.

l don't mean to be harsh by doing so, but FJs usually have more acquaintances to speak with than l do, because they LIKE chatting more lol.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] So now that INTPs have this data..what will happen next? Will you actually use it? If yes, how so? And why ask NFs specifically? Is there a concrete plan there? :thinking:

S

Society

I was referring mostly to debates in which one person says, "my post is objective and you are wrong", or some variation of it. It is close to meaningless to just make the claim, but rather it should be demonstrated in terms of ideas. I find the irony frustrating in debate because it only means "I think I'm objective, I'm not going to demonstrate how, and I expect you to take that on blind faith or in the face of me demonstrating the opposite".
agreed - it's sort of like a bad mind fuck, where the other person just goes "i've convinced myself, and that' all i care about".

I agree with you. Truth must be demonstrated to be such, not declared as such. Anyone can claim anything is objective and true, but that does not make so. I try to avoid doing that, because I would say it's a pet peeve of mine.
Ti group hug?

really though, i haven't known many INTPs to do that - a few - but not many. if anything i think my own type (for the sake of argument we'll say ENTP) is worst for that, because we're more impulsive when it comes to acting on unknown variables. it doesn't show so much in arguments because its not a matter of conviction, but it does show in RL choices and in environments of cooperation.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] So now that INTPs have this data..what will happen next? Will you actually use it? If yes, how so?
I think there are two ways to go about it:

a) We use the data to learn which behaviors can be improved, and try to be more attentive to other people's needs.

b) We use the data to quickly recognize when people don't like our style much so that we can selectively avoid them and focus on people who have an easier time appreciating our unrefined selves.

For the most part, I prefer option 'b'. :alttongue:

And why ask NFs specifically? Is there a concrete plan there? :thinking:
Good question. Romantic purposes, perhaps. :heart:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Rasofy So now that INTPs have this data..what will happen next? Will you actually use it?

Mostly, I want to know what people find objectionable. It's not so much that I want to change. I think, as @Rasofy said, it's to better avoid them. I don't enjoy being made to feel guilty because I'm apathetic, for instance, because I've found that it's not something I can really help. I'm not totally apathetic, of course, but NFs sometimes act like I owe society something, and somehow it's my responsibility to improve society just because I'm not an idiot. I don't really feel like I owe society anything beyond what the average person owes society. I believe morality is important, but I don't believe that it requires me to improve society. I'll be damned if I know how to fix people on a society-wide level anyway. I don't have any solutions, so I'd rather not just do something for the sake of doing something when it has the potential to be damaging. Do no harm.

Hmmm, very little of that had to do with your question, and more with the way certain NF types make me feel. I didn't realize I had all that bottled up.

Mane said:
really though, i haven't known many INTPs to do that - a few - but not many. if anything i think my own type (for the sake of argument we'll say ENTP) is worst for that, because we're more impulsive when it comes to acting on unknown variables. it doesn't show so much in arguments because its not a matter of conviction, but it does show in RL choices and in environments of cooperation.

I haven't noticed that from ENTPs. Maybe it's because it's apparent to me that it's not a deeply held conviction, but something that they are trying out.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think NFs are pretty freaking sexy people, how they can gaze into your soul and connect with that power source. It makes me feel so alive!

S

Society

Mostly, I want to know what people find objectionable. It's not so much that I want to change. I think, as @Rasofy said, it's to better avoid them. I don't enjoy being made to feel guilty because I'm apathetic, for instance, because I've found that it's not something I can really help. I'm not totally apathetic, of course, but NFs sometimes act like I owe society something, and somehow it's my responsibility to improve society just because I'm not an idiot. I don't really feel like I owe society anything beyond what the average person owes society. I believe morality is important, but I don't believe that it requires me to improve society. I'll be damned if I know how to fix people on a society-wide level anyway. I don't have any solutions, so I'd rather not just do something for the sake of doing something when it has the potential to be damaging. Do no harm.

Hmmm, very little of that had to do with your question, and more with the way certain NF types make me feel. I didn't realize I had all that bottled up.

rofl, this made me imagine the reverse poll:

"NTs, what bothers you about [insert NF]?"
- too self sacrificing
- the humility
- too caring & loving
- the burden of maturity
- the emotional strength
- the idealism
- other (explain why you don't get us)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
rofl, this made me imagine the reverse poll:

"NTs, what bothers you about [insert NF]?"
- too self sacrificing
- the humility
- too caring & loving
- the burden of maturity
- the emotional strength
- the idealism
- other (explain why you don't get us)

Also, they smell like nachos.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shock:

Edit: k something fucked up the emoticons!

The cry emoticon now lists as the shock one which now lists as the mellow one and so on!