• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] which nf would do which?

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
First. I am fried. So, please forgive any bad grammar, etc. But something interesting happened tonight. (and I need a distraction)

A tragedy has recently happened to my home city. I am involved in helping people who were harmed in this tragedy. Part of this is collecting supplies and taking monetary donations. From all around the world. People have been so wonderful and generous. However, we can't take any more supplies--although more truckloads are due in tomorrow. Our facility looks like a Sams. (Once again, people have been amazingly generous.) Other collection and help centers are in the same boat. Too many supplies--although actual money donations will be useful for the victims down the road.

Here's the deal...

What to do with the supplies? Especially the ones with a shelf life of a few weeks.

One NFs thought. Call homeless shelters, City Rescue Mission, Cross and Crown and any other established organizations like these to come and get some stuff.

Another NFs thought. That would not be ethical because the people who donated these particular items donated them to the victims of this disaster, so they must go to those victims

I am one of these NFs.
Which NF types would think which?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would tend to have the other helping centers come and get the overflow supplies. I do get the idea of the other side especially if it pertained to money, but for items that will have to be thrown away, I would want to distribute them. In the future, I would have an official statement for the charity that stated this policy of giving overflow supplies, especially perishable ones, to other charities. I am at a loss to say which type would say which, except knowing my personal response.

If I thought my donation just spoiled instead of helping someone because of an idea of ethics, I would want to bang my head against a wall.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
What [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] said is perfect, IMO.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I d also release a media statement about this, so that people know where their continued donations are going, and that they are very much appreciated, but at this time are not exactly what is needed. That way you stop the flood, and are honest with the people who did contribute as to what happened to what they gave. Somehow I doubt that people who were that generous will hold it against you that those supplies go to *anyone* who might need it.

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks for your replies.
What I'm wondering is which type or function would be more reluctant to send supplies that was given for a specific cause, to another (worthy) cause. Which would see it as unethical? Thanks for indulging me--this is a good distraction. This and watching (on a large scale) how different personalities deal with tragedy.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not against giving it to the next cause, as it would be wasteful, but I am for full disclosure about me doing so, so people know their stuff could go to the next cause.

S

Society

if i had to guess:
One NFs thought. Call homeless shelters, City Rescue Mission, Cross and Crown and any other established organizations like these to come and get some stuff.
NFJ (actually it specifically sounds like you, it reminds me of a few posts of yours).

Another NFs thought. That would not be ethical because the people who donated these particular items donated them to the victims of this disaster, so they must go to those victims
NFP

FYI - this might be the stuff for an excellent thought provoking forum game (more so when people get it wrong then when they get it right).

also: good luck rehabilitating your community, it sounds like you've doing a good job :)

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
hmm. i'd personally tackle the root of
the problem, not the consequences. i'd fix
the distribution / facility problem, especially
because i know more donations will be
coming in.

prioritize and organize. what can be distributed
now. and have action steps. a max capicipty will
eventually empty out, how do i make that process
more efficiently?

and i'd also reach out to other teams that
are working on the same same cause,
and start alleviating the facility/incoming
donation issue immediately.

heh. my thinking doesn't even go to... should we transfer
the donations to another cause or like some ethical
issue.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I definitely agree with calling up other centers, too. Perfectly ethical or not, there's no other good solution at this point. And I like the idea of a public announcement.

I don't really think that this would correlate with a certain kind of NF. It doesn't really seem to have much to do with thought process.

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
I just wondered...if it matched up with a function or type.

My ENFP "boss" is concerned with the ethical part of it all...and I can see his point. I don't think he's completely against sending the stuff to other centers that aren't related to this disaster, but it obviously has crossed his mind that it might not be completely "right".
I never even thought of it being unethical--helping people in need regardless of the situation or disaster---the greater good is all that came to me.

Then again I would do (almost) anything for him. That's unfortunate for me. What is it with ENFPs? Why are they like that? And why can't they love us (INFJs...or me) as much as I love them. :(

Sorry, I'm tired. Defenses are low. Glad there's not an ENFP around with evil intentions...

BUT, luckily everyone is getting their stuff together and it's all becoming more organized--our organization and other centers--and the supplies will get to those people who were affected by this disaster.

I like Mane's idea about the forum game. How fun would that be?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ENFP "boss" is concerned with the ethical part of it all...and I can see his point. I don't think he's completely against sending the stuff to other centers that aren't related to this disaster, but it obviously has crossed his mind that it might not be completely "right".
I never even thought of it being unethical--helping people in need regardless of the situation or disaster---the greater good is all that came to me.

Well, Fi is very individual-oriented. He might be thinking about how it would feel for an individual who thought they were donating to one cause, and then having their money/resources redirected to a cause they don't support. For example, what if an atheist's donated food ended up going to a church supper that only Christians attended? It would sort of be a misuse of the atheist's money, somewhat disrespectful to their intentions. It could also be bad news in a PR light if it were discovered that the resources are going somewhere other than where they are supposed to go. But it's relatively safe to assume people would rather feed someone than no one.

And why can't they love us (INFJs...or me) as much as I love them. :(

:thinking: I have seen it happen both ways... ENFPs who love INFJs who don't love them... and INFJs who love ENFPs who don't love them. I love the INFJs I know. :hug:

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, Fi is very individual-oriented. He might be thinking about how it would feel for an individual who thought they were donating to one cause, and then having their money/resources redirected to a cause they don't support. For example, what if an atheist's donated food ended up going to a church supper that only Christians attended? It would sort of be a misuse of the atheist's money, somewhat disrespectful to their intentions. It could also be bad news in a PR light if it were discovered that the resources are going somewhere other than where they are supposed to go. But it's relatively safe to assume people would rather feed someone than no one.

:thinking: I have seen it happen both ways... ENFPs who love INFJs who don't love them... and INFJs who love ENFPs who don't love them. I love the INFJs I know. :hug:

The bolded above are the things he was concerned with.

I'm not sure about the ENFPs who love INFJs--haven't seen it, although they appear to like us just fine. The people I've been immediately attracted to...had instant chemistry for end up being ENFPs. Looking back, even in childhood before I knew anything about "typology"...the other children I was drawn to were probably ENFPs. INFJs can be easily overlooked, I think. We're not so flamboyant. Or maybe that's just me and the other two INFJs that I know. I have to make myself seen and initiate the relationship, which is usually a good relationship. It's just so hard to see how a person is special to the ENFPs that I know. I've even asked that, but the answers weren't really good answers. It's just frustrating sometimes because I want close friendships with very few people and ones I want them with, do not appear to feel the same about me as I feel about them.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The bolded above are the things he was concerned with.

I'm not sure about the ENFPs who love INFJs--haven't seen it, although they appear to like us just fine. The people I've been immediately attracted to...had instant chemistry for end up being ENFPs. Looking back, even in childhood before I knew anything about "typology"...the other children I was drawn to were probably ENFPs. INFJs can be easily overlooked, I think. We're not so flamboyant. Or maybe that's just me and the other two INFJs that I know. I have to make myself seen and initiate the relationship, which is usually a good relationship. It's just so hard to see how a person is special to the ENFPs that I know. I've even asked that, but the answers weren't really good answers. It's just frustrating sometimes because I want close friendships with very few people and ones I want them with, do not appear to feel the same about me as I feel about them.

Oh, yeah. :hug: This is a topic that comes up with fair frequency on the boards, actually. ENFPs tend to sprinkle their attention to everyone, and many of us actually draw back a little (or a lot!) when we really like someone. If you're going by how much attention they're sprinkling, it might not be a very accurate measure. Better would be to look at whether they treat you differently than others. Also, a lot of times, people respond to us in the same manner, so responding in an unusual manner (paying more attention to the fragile ENFP person that lies beneath than to the "show" that we are putting on). INFJs are usually pretty perceptive about this, though, which is why I'm surprised that you haven't seen more of a response from ENFPs.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree with skylights. I don't the OP has much to do with cognitive functions.

Good luck with getting all this sorted. I hope your group comes up with the best possible solution!

:hug:

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, yeah. :hug: This is a topic that comes up with fair frequency on the boards, actually. ENFPs tend to sprinkle their attention to everyone, and many of us actually draw back a little (or a lot!) when we really like someone. If you're going by how much attention they're sprinkling, it might not be a very accurate measure. Better would be to look at whether they treat you differently than others. Also, a lot of times, people respond to us in the same manner, so responding in an unusual manner (paying more attention to the fragile ENFP person that lies beneath than to the "show" that we are putting on). INFJs are usually pretty perceptive about this, though, which is why I'm surprised that you haven't seen more of a response from ENFPs.

Why do ENFPs draw back a little (or a lot)? This has probably been answered on another thread or two.

and...I feel like my ENFP "friends" treat me differently. Then I think, well maybe it's just my wishful thinking...and why it matters, I don't know. Why should I care?
I'm certainly not a stalker or hang outside their doors waiting for attention. That's way too embarrassing, but I do make myself very available to them. And when it looks like no one is taking care of them (they tend to take care of everyone else on at least a surface level), I'll ask the "how are you feeling? How did that make you feel? Are you sure you're doing alright?" questions that they're usually asking everyone else.
What I'm saying is I feel a connection, but don't trust my gut feelings/intuition when it comes to me and my relationships. Some of it is growing up INFJ (or growing up just as me). You're told gut feelings and intuitions aren't worth much and people don't listen to or trust them. Rambling...not sure that makes sense, but I've gotta get back to work.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why do ENFPs draw back a little (or a lot)? This has probably been answered on another thread or two.

Yeah. I have to get going soon too, but I'll give you the quick answer - in short, it's essentially because as Ps, we don't really tend to have an agenda. ENFPs sort of bestow the same carefree happiness/lightness/warmth on pretty much everyone, because that's just who we are and it makes us happy, and we're not really worried about how other people are seeing us. But when we like someone, suddenly we do have an agenda of attracting that person, so we become hyperconscious of our behavior towards them, and concerned about whether we're being too obvious, giving too much away, not doing enough, etc. Suddenly it becomes a serious situation, so we back into our analytical minds to strategize.

And when it looks like no one is taking care of them (they tend to take care of everyone else on at least a surface level), I'll ask the "how are you feeling? How did that make you feel? Are you sure you're doing alright?" questions that they're usually asking everyone else.

That will almost certainly not go unnoticed.

Take a chance, make a move. Even if you're wrong, an FP will usually try to let you down gently.