• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, why won't you let me into your pants?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
ENFP%20high%20iq.jpg

:doh: *reminds thread that spelling ability does not predicate intelligence before someone else points out this egregious error*

Unless this is a stealth move thrown out there as a decoy ... :laugh:

Be wary! The game is afoot!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hey i'm an e7 ENFP come here sweet INTP and i'll show you the bubbly airhead ENFP magic you desire

Bear_Trap_7423.jpg

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Poor Typhus, that airhead talk didn't do him any good.

lol.gif

Starry

:doh: *reminds thread that spelling ability does not predicate intelligence before someone else points out this egregious error*

Unless this is a stealth move thrown out there as a decoy ... :laugh:

Be wary! The game is afoot!

That's what I found so awesome about it though...and why I made it a point to correct Typhus' 'your'. In my imagination he came back and was like...'Umm..you're poster?'

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
That's what I found so awesome about it though...and why I made it a point to correct Typhus' 'your'. In my imagination he came back and was like...'Umm..you're poster?'

:laugh: I confess I didn't pay attention to all that, well done!

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Metaphorically speaking. :wink:

I'm INTP and I've felt the magnetic pull that only ENFPs seem to have over me. But I scare away most of them. I'm not mean or creepy so why do you run away? I'm just weird. Am I giving off some creepy vibes? I checked the mirror and I don't have an evil pulsating green boil that on my forehead.

ENFPs, how do your perceive INTPs? I'm outgoing and clownish for an INTP.

Maybe you're making your desire too obvious? My experience has been that the thing ENFPs love the most is authenticity. Be yourself. If you put on a mask, they'll know it, and they'll want nothing to do with it. But I don't really know. After all, I'm just a socially clueless INTJ. :)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:cry:
:uwin:

Most ENFPs don't articulate Fi-based input in a way that makes sense to me, so it ends up sounding arbitrary and illogical. Not bad per se, but they are not good at holding their ground when challenged with Ti-based input.

Weirdly, INFPs seem much better in this aspect. I guess they learn to make their Fi an asset more easily.

I think it's because Ti and Fi do not exist in vacuums. And they share a similar methodology, even if they deal with different information. With ENFPs, you aren't getting straight Fi, you're getting it through Ne, which isn't exactly known for precision. :D

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it amused him, but he was also annoyed at times by it. She pursued him relentlessly anyway, as infatuated ENFPs tend to do. Not sure how anyone could miss those signals...

Romantic signals seem to be something all Introverted Thinkers, and particularly male ITs, struggle with. INTPs aren't alone in that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's because Ti and Fi do not exist in vacuums. And they share a similar methodology, even if they deal with different information. With ENFPs, you aren't getting straight Fi, you're getting it through Ne, which isn't exactly known for precision. :D

:rolleyes: Lovely. First we get trashed by the Ti-doms about Fi, now the Ni-doms ride in to finish our Ne. You gotto wonder what the hell it is INTJs and INTPs really see in us, considering their interest in our breed. All we need is for ISTPs to come in here and finish the job. Only IxTxs could decide to both try and get in your pants while criticising everything about you that is different about you from them. Why is it you boys don't just date each other? Problem solved :alttongue:

:wink:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rolleyes: Lovely. First we get trashed by the Ti-doms about Fi, now the Ni-doms ride in to finish our Ne. You gotto wonder what the hell it is INTJs and INTPs really see in us, considering their interest in our breed. All we need is for ISTPs to come in here and finish the job. Only IxTxs could decide to both try and get in your pants while criticising everything about you that is different about you from them. Why is it you boys don't just date each other? Problem solved :alttongue:

:wink:

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean that as an insult. I wasn't saying that Ne, and definitely not Ne users, are airheads. Only that its strengths lie more in creation, pattern recognition, etc etc. There's really not any type, except maybe ISTPs, who have the same skill with, or need for, logical precision as INTPs. I know it's something I'm often not good with myself. I certainly didn't mean to give off the impression that I didn't value ENFPs, or their thought processes.

G

garbage

could decide to both try and get in your pants while criticising everything about you that is different about you from them.
"Gee, why would someone whom I constantly criticize not let me have sex with them?" :thinking:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry, I really didn't mean that as an insult. I wasn't saying that Ne, and definitely not Ne users, are airheads. Only that its strengths lie more in creation, pattern recognition, etc etc. There's really not any type, except maybe ISTPs, who have the same skill with, or need for, logical precision as INTPs. I know it's something I'm often not good with myself. I certainly didn't mean to give off the impression that I didn't value ENFPs, or their thought processes.

Ohh hon, I put in the :wink: to indicate I was yanking your chain for the most part. I knew you didn't mean it that way, it was just too tempting not to toy with :hug:

I'm just amused at the way this thread is going :D

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohh hon, I put in the :wink: to indicate I was yanking your chain for the most part. I knew you didn't mean it that way, it was just too tempting not to toy with :hug:

I'm just amused at the way this thread is going :D

:hug:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Romantic signals seem to be something all Introverted Thinkers, and particularly male ITs, struggle with. INTPs aren't alone in that.

Oh he wasn't oblivous.... you couldn't be with her. You'd have to be comatose not to know she liked you. He was resistant, probably because she was INSANE. In this case, he was also SMART.

I understand romantic obliviousness - I have that problem too. A fair amount of INFPs do. I think we suffer from excessive humility there, though. For some unknown reason, I don't have a problem connecting with an INTP if so inclined. It's like double romantic obliviousness cancels all the confusion out.

And regarding INFP having clearer Fi - yes. Supposedly the dominant is more differentiated from stuff like emotions, so our Fi should literally be more rational. But we have foggier Ne - see the potential & emerging possibilities a bit less clearly, feeling it mixed with emotional wishful thinking, hence often having more hesitancy in pursuing it.

Last edited:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That makes sense.

:rolleyes: Lovely. First we get trashed by the Ti-doms about Fi, now the Ni-doms ride in to finish our Ne.
:happy2:

You gotto wonder what the hell it is INTJs and INTPs really see in us, considering their interest in our breed. All we need is for ISTPs to come in here and finish the job.
:cheese:

Only IxTxs could decide to both try and get in your pants while criticising everything about you that is different about you from them.
Maybe because we love your flaws? :heart:

(See how flattering INTPs can be?)

Why is it you boys don't just date each other? Problem solved :alttongue:
[MENTION=9331]freeeekyyy[/MENTION] :flirty:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And regarding INFP having clearer Fi - yes. Supposedly the dominant is more differentiated from stuff like emotional, so truly our Fi should literally be more rational. But we have foggier Ne - see the potential & emerging possibilities a bit less clearly, feeling it mixed with emotional wishful thinking, hence often having more hesitancy in pursuing it.

That makes a lot of sense. I'd never actually considered the impact a function's position may have on emotions, other than high F=high emotion. I need to read some Jung.