• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INFP vs INFJ

Idealatious

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
91?
I don't know much about this (and this whole thread is a bit confusing when it comes to my perceptions of INFs! I certainly don't come across as polished, and only grudgingly wear make-up, hah...) but could this be an INFJ thing: caring about relevance or getting to the point?

As an example: A while back, my friend blogged something in response to someone else that seemed to be... just completely irrelevant. It was a good post, but she seemed to be disagreeing where there was no actual conflict and responding to perceived arguments that the OP actually wasn't making. The OP was saying X and she was saying Y... but Y was perfectly compatible with X, and the OP would have probably agreed with it; they were just focusing on a different angle of the issue. I replied with a carefully worded post emphasizing that yes, friend, what you said is true and actually really well-said; I agree... but come on, why did you say it in response to the OP? Don't get me wrong; I don't dislike irrelevance in every situation, but when the irrelevant statements are needlessly confrontational, then they seem pointless.

Am I completely making this up? Would an INFP care about this? :shrug: Just a thought, though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
this is also one the things that i consider to be important, people might start to project things from their inferior function onto somebody who may have this function as their dominant, funnily enough in the case of anima/animus this often centers around how you view the opposite sex, they see it as something outside of themselves that they don't quite own and which is not quite under their conscious control, seeing it manifested within another person for whom this function is quite natural, may either trigger some inferior complex, or some great attraction or they feel that it is so far from their dominant perspective that they just outright reject it.

so in case of anima/animus and opposite sex you might either get an INFJ who feels quite attracted to this aggressive, dominant 'Se- image' (think of the stereotype of the rather disciplined and organized INFJ girl who might feel some great attraction to a 'bad boy Se image') or someone who may look down on Se, seeing Se- leading users as just too simple minded and not really getting the core of the subject. (like for example this stereotyped way of INFJ artist snubbery who deems everything to senseory as shallow and inferior to his deep and meanigful compositions)

of course in real life it might manifest very differently and my examples may be a bit exaggerated in order to get across what i mean.

thing is with projecting your anima/animus is that you may fail to see that this is something that is also quite part of you, but that you might somehow reject because of the strong stance your dominant has, going back to my example that girl might be very attracted to this dominant, aggressive, factual, hands on Se- image she might project on the opposite sex, but she fails to see that her anima/animus is also part of herself.

so instead of projecting it and trying to 'own it' by maybe starting a relationship with such a person (which is only just based on the way how you see him)
it would be maybe more beneficial to see how this part works for you, because the older you get the more you might understand your inferior and develop it and what kind of happens is that you don't need the other person for it any more and when the relationship was just based on that well this may the point where it falls apart. (not to mention that that person might be vastly different to what you project onto them)

what i see within myself is that i often might hesistate to put myself out into a sensory experience, like grasping an opportunity that i haven't processed with Ni, lacking the courage to do it, because it just showed up spontaniously and i feel i need some time to think about it, so i might retreat and start thinking to much about it, going back and forth, feeling some kind of fear because i don't know where it may lead me (Ni), then after some time i realize that i just overthought and best way to handle it is to take the situation just at face value and learn how to improvise and work with the things i got at hand instead of planning and thinking to much about that stuff.

well this is maybe just one aspect of many how the inferior function might creep up.

Or even worse, you might project your inferior on to the wrong person; for example I see some IxTPs on this forum who have ExFJ paranoia. There are a grand total of four people who have suggested I might be an ENFJ, (actually one said ESFJ, because apparently he smokes crack) and two of them were IxTP men, who suggested it rather unpleasantly, as if it were a put-down rather than a simple statement. They see Fe where there is none.

I've also had an INFP male call me an ISTJ in the mistyped members thread. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm sure I've done it myself to people because they said or did the wrong thing that triggered me to project my inferior on to them.

I've noticed the people I'm most commonly attracted to IRL (and become vexed when other people are not as agreeable or as warm)...are SFJs. And I damn sure ain't no ENTP.

That all being said, I once had a bizarre and persistent fixation on an INTJ, and most of them I've encountered on-line I actually want to push off of a very tall building. I don't know why. I don't feel this way about ISTJs, I can't even think of one who makes me that annoyed.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In short, if someone come off as quiet and good natured, then suddenly drops an opinion-bomb that seems so countersocial that it seems at first glance to be downright offensive, then defends it passionately and emotionally, they're probably Fi dom.

If someone is incredibly good at validating your feelings and places significant value on outwardly getting along with everyone, including people who aren't fit to lick his/her boots, they're probably Fe aux.

Those seem to be pretty accurate descriptions. :)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know much about this (and this whole thread is a bit confusing when it comes to my perceptions of INFs! I certainly don't come across as polished, and only grudgingly wear make-up, hah...) but could this be an INFJ thing: caring about relevance or getting to the point?

As an example: A while back, my friend blogged something in response to someone else that seemed to be... just completely irrelevant. It was a good post, but she seemed to be disagreeing where there was no actual conflict and responding to perceived arguments that the OP actually wasn't making. The OP was saying X and she was saying Y... but Y was perfectly compatible with X, and the OP would have probably agreed with it; they were just focusing on a different angle of the issue. I replied with a carefully worded post emphasizing that yes, friend, what you said is true and actually really well-said; I agree... but come on, why did you say it in response to the OP? Don't get me wrong; I don't dislike irrelevance in every situation, but when the irrelevant statements are needlessly confrontational, then they seem pointless.

Am I completely making this up? Would an INFP care about this? :shrug: Just a thought, though.

Seems like it could well be an INFJ (and INTJ) thing. I've seen almost the exact same thing myself many times before. Dominant Ni, perhaps, seeing the connections between things that others can't see?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey DJ.

Obviously all of these are generalizations, and based on my personal experiences. INFPs are more private than INFJs with their feelings, and sometimes this means they're quieter. To expand on this, it usually takes a long time to get close to an INFP, because they are often accustomed to their countersocial positions and opinions being invalidated by those around them in a society that would prefer they keep quiet. INFPs also, in my experience, are very sensitive about their feelings being ignored or invalidated, whereas an INFJ might take a more pragmatic approach about it for the sake of peace. I've noticed personally that the INFJs I've known are quite a bit more into pop culture than the INFPs I've known, but again, it's not a huge sample.

In short, if someone come off as quiet and good natured, then suddenly drops an opinion-bomb that seems so countersocial that it seems at first glance to be downright offensive, then defends it passionately and emotionally, they're probably Fi dom.

If someone is incredibly good at validating your feelings and places significant value on outwardly getting along with everyone, including people who aren't fit to lick his/her boots, they're probably Fe aux.

I agree with your Fi-dom observation. The closer you get, the more Shakespearean monologues for a treat - sometimes these are "rants". The niceness or aloofness (whichever mask) is just keeping people at arm's length.

I've never had any INFJ validate my feelings :dry:
That sounds more like my experience with ISFJs, but I suppose it's possible for an INFJ. To me, they're more about nudging people to fit their vision or something. I have seen the kiss ass & then in private tear that person apart.... I'll stop before they complain that I'm hating them.

T

The Iron Giant

I agree with your Fi-dom observation. The closer you get, the more Shakespearean monologues for a treat - sometimes these are "rants". The niceness or aloofness (whichever mask) is just keeping people at arm's length.

I'm a major Fi dom fanboy. When Jung said still waters run deep, he was dead on. Then, most everything else he said seems to be an expression of frustration at how hard Fi doms are for him to understand, which I find really amusing. Thanks Carl, we get it... they're quiet and sensitive and really complex, but you don't really get it, do you. :p Anyway.

I've never had any INFJ validate my feelings :dry:

I was with one who was really good at this, and I've heard numerous accounts from others that this is not uncommon. A male friend of mine typed as and seems to be INFJ as well, he's got this disarming way about him too.

That sounds more like my experience with ISFJs, but I suppose it's possible for an INFJ. To me, they're more about nudging people to fit their vision or something. I have seen the kiss ass & then in private tear that person apart.... I'll stop before they complain that I'm hating them.

An ex girlfriend of mine was an INFJ. She would go to work and work harder than anyone else there, be sweet and nice to everyone, then come home and weep about how hard it was to deal with these people. They weren't fair to her, they didn't work hard enough, etc. I completely agreed with her, they were awful, and I wanted things to change for her, but she didn't feel she could speak up. I think it was because she wanted to keep being liked there, and she felt that would change if she complained. I really felt for her position there, because even when work was bad, I was a lot better at leaving it behind when I came home than she was.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hey DJ.

Obviously all of these are generalizations, and based on my personal experiences. INFPs are more private than INFJs with their feelings, and sometimes this means they're quieter. To expand on this, it usually takes a long time to get close to an INFP, because they are often accustomed to their countersocial positions and opinions being invalidated by those around them in a society that would prefer they keep quiet. INFPs also, in my experience, are very sensitive about their feelings being ignored or invalidated, whereas an INFJ might take a more pragmatic approach about it for the sake of peace. I've noticed personally that the INFJs I've known are quite a bit more into pop culture than the INFPs I've known, but again, it's not a huge sample.

Now this I can identify with. I have an INFP daughter, too, and it fits pretty well.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My Nation State has a very high happiness rating. It also does really well on ratings of intelligence, equality and compassion. And there is no crime. So, if you're an imaginary computer citizen, I can make a very nice place for you to live. :D

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My Nation State has a very high happiness rating. It also does really well on ratings of intelligence, equality and compassion. And there is no crime. So, if you're an imaginary computer citizen, I can make a very nice place for you to live. :D

You play Nationstates? So do I. Haven't been on in months though. I'm sure my nation's ceased to exist by now.

Standuble

You play Nationstates? So do I. Haven't been on in months though. I'm sure my nation's ceased to exist by now.

30 days. Mine no longer exists either but I checked and I think you can restore it so it probably survives in some database or buffer or something.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
30 days. Mine no longer exists either but I checked and I think you can restore it so it probably survives in some database or buffer or something.

Yeah, after having been reminded of it, I went back to the site and restored my nation. Not sure I'm going to stick to it though. It's not worth it unless they start adding some new issues. I've answered every single one multiple times already.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A few more contrasts:

Generally speaking INFPs seem to have a more consistent autonomy while INFJs haves times of involvement and then times to retreat from people. INFPs have a deeper sense or romanticism and nostalgia while INFJs have a pragmatism and can project systems into the future.

Some similarities:
Both types tend to care about ethics and morality,
have a detached, but sensitive outlook with empathy and kindness
have some need for autonomy
have a tendency towards daydreaming
capable of a fun quirkiness

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I understand that Fi is concerned with individual values and such. But when an INFJ works with a team of people, the INFJ has to consider EVERYONE's personal values...not just one individual.

Fi dom concerns itself with considering all values as well. (This is something we are wired to discern and cannot ignore.) The difference lies in what happens next. An INFP leader will try to accomplish what we set out to do whilst supporting the existence of all those unique value systems. It's tricky stuff. We would use the outcome as motivator, not the vision itself. Although now an ENFP comes to my mind who's very vision-oriented, gets people on board with his 'religion'.

*water is getting muddy, need to think more on how to clarify this*
Anyway, not sure if what I wrote just made sense, but will try to expand more later.

Hey DJ.

It irks me that the 'right' thing is sometimes the 'counter-social' thing.

And as far as feelings validation, I do think that again there's some wire-crossing going on between enneagram instincts and function attitudes. As an Fi-dom so-dom I know what it's all about to place value on getting along with everyone. I don't know what the solution is, because Fe is purported to be the 'be nice to everyone' function whilst Fi gets relegated to 'selfish self-centeredness' status.

Ah well, :shrug:

T

The Iron Giant

It irks me that the 'right' thing is sometimes the 'counter-social' thing.

A while ago, a boy at school kissed my daughter, who was seven. I'm going to set aside my frustration at him apparently doing this without her consent...

They were "talked to" about it because it's not allowed at school. They advised me, apparently on the assumption that I would further scold her in some way. Instead, I spent the ride home explaining to her that she's not in trouble, and also that there's an important difference between something being wrong and something being against the rules. Kissing is not wrong, but kissing at school is against the rules. One thing I've observed about Fi doms is a generalized discomfort with this discrepancy, and it's perfectly justified. Why is something against the rules if it's not bad? It's because rules (which are supposed to be objective) and ethics (which are subjective) exist independently of each other, even if they should not.

And as far as feelings validation, I do think that again there's some wire-crossing going on between enneagram instincts and function attitudes. As an Fi-dom so-dom I know what it's all about to place value on getting along with everyone. I don't know what the solution is, because Fe is purported to be the 'be nice to everyone' function whilst Fi gets relegated to 'selfish self-centeredness' status.

This is an excellent point. It's hard to pin down exactly with text, but I'll give it a shot. It reminds me of this: [MENTION=15967]Kayness[/MENTION] and I have talked about the apparent conflict between Fi and enneagram type four. I don't see a contradiction, but she does. If fours seek an identity, how can they use Fe, which seeks community? It's because the Fe four seeks an identity relative to the values of the community, while the Fi four seeks an identity that feels consistent with their values. The Fe approach may seem insincere to the Fi user, while the Fi approach seems selfish to the Fe user.

Castameare

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well I'm a 4w5 sp/sx and an Fe - user. Reading that many people actually see Fe - users as more expressive and open stands in direct contrast how i experience situations. I'm a very reserved person, radiating any emotional expressiveness or talking about personal feelings (even with close ones) would make me really really uneasy.

I mean looking at people you may see what's there but it can also tell you a lot to see what's not there.

INFJ Ne Fi Te Si as shadow functions
INFP Fe Ni Se Ti as shadow functions

(From Beebes Model of archetypes)

OPPOSING Personality Complex

Stubborn about things in the associated perspective. It's defending the dominant perspective in its opposite orientation.

INFJ Ne Shadow:
INxJ's Stubborn about responding to emerging information
How they project it: NxJ's Probably think that multiple possibilities are absurd. The patterns point to one right conclusion.

INFP Fe Shadow:
IxFP's stubborn about how others affect them.
How they project it: IxFP's Think that agreed upon ethics do not get to the real needs of people; affect them negatively, etc.

CRITICAL PARENT

opposing to your auxiliary, getting critical of others, actually knowing that you neglect this function in favor of your auxiliary, project it by being critical of others

INFJ Fi Shadow:
IxFJ's Can angrily hit others with personal or universal ethics.

INFP Ni Shadow:
INxP's Interpret everything in terms of a "big picture" in which the worst will happen

BAD CHILD

Deceiving, double-binding, trying to trap others

INFJ Te shadow:
xFJ's Might feel 'double-bound' by logical order, and make mistakes trying to implement it themselves
IxFJ's see people organizing things logically as "bad children"

real life INFJ may hit on others when failing in doing things in a given organized way with 'your organizing doesn't make any sense for me' therefore it's useless -> reference back to Ti, devaluing Te

INFP Se Shadow:
INxP's Might feel 'double-bound' by current reality (physical things or facts), and then it seems to become the perfect vehicle to try to turn the tables on others with, or to be silly with.
INxP's People performing rigorous stunts are clowns; people telling "the facts" seem like "bullies"

DEMON

mostly rejected

INFJ Si Shadow:INxJ's
The past is highly irrelevent, and likely haunting
INxJ's "When really stressed, they may waste time reviewing the impact of the past."(Berens) (Likely aimed at someone else in a conflict)

when very very unhealthy (in grip of their inferior Se turn to demonic Si) i will use your past to detroy you, Si the subjective perecptions function, most useless for them to static, project it on others -> Si people too close minded , too rigid in their own sensing perception, can't change their subjective view on the situation

INFP Ti Shadow:
IxFP's Logical analysis totally depersonalizes life
IxFP's Logical analysis is cold and evil, and they'll use it to demolish someone else's analysis

Castameare

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or even worse, you might project your inferior on to the wrong person; for example I see some IxTPs on this forum who have ExFJ paranoia. There are a grand total of four people who have suggested I might be an ENFJ, (actually one said ESFJ, because apparently he smokes crack) and two of them were IxTP men, who suggested it rather unpleasantly, as if it were a put-down rather than a simple statement. They see Fe where there is none.

I've also had an INFP male call me an ISTJ in the mistyped members thread. Coincidence? I think not.
well the whole ESFJ or ENFJ as putting -down -typing -thing could also be a thing of some bad stereotypes and prejudices, when you just go to the 'Popular Culture and Type' section, just read what some people have for ideas and images regarding Ni,Ne,Si,Se,Fi,Fe etc. - types

i just learned from this stuff to be rather sceptical when i kind of read, so i know this ESFP/INFP/INFJ/INTP ... guy and he does this and this, because just looking at the way how some people type... well ugh

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yes. I love being able to try out my ideals for the greater good on a captive audience. I've got over a billion people to play with now. I really wish I could figure out how to keep them from getting lost in the wilderness. :shrug:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A few more contrasts:

Generally speaking INFPs seem to have a more consistent autonomy while INFJs haves times of involvement and then times to retreat from people. INFPs have a deeper sense or romanticism and nostalgia while INFJs have a pragmatism and can project systems into the future.

I think this is true, although INFPs are not totally resistant to "joining". We can get really committed to an external group of sorts which resonates with our ideals & values. The projecting systems into the future is a good distinction, as this is probably a blind spot for many INFPs (inferior Te logistics). This is not to say we don't have innovative ideas for the future, but it tends to be very Ne - possibilities based on potential we see emerging & then exploring that potential in real time.

Fi dom concerns itself with considering all values as well. (This is something we are wired to discern and cannot ignore.) The difference lies in what happens next. An INFP leader will try to accomplish what we set out to do whilst supporting the existence of all those unique value systems. It's tricky stuff. We would use the outcome as motivator, not the vision itself. Although now an ENFP comes to my mind who's very vision-oriented, gets people on board with his 'religion'.

Ah well, :shrug:

Yeah the bottom bolded bugs me. When you read Jung, he actually makes Fe sound more "selfish" in that notoriously manipulative manner they get accused of (unfairly as well; and also why I see Jung as Ti-dom, as he's the least unbiased with Fe, IMO). Yet, he describes Fi as very noble & sometimes acting heroically on refined values pertaining to human needs across contexts of culture/time - It may, perhaps, break out in some extravagant form, leading to some astounding act of an almost heroic character, quite unrelated to either the subject herself or to the object that provoked the outburst. Well, that's how I read it :p. It's also why most INFP profiles note a great willingness to self-sacrifice for a "cause", one which supports a value-concept (or several) which is not about their own individual needs but fundamental human needs. We use Ne to kind of keep our eye out for vehicles which could possibly be used & steered by us to support these fundamental concepts of what is good for humanity.

Concerning the top bolded, I feel like Fi values work similarly - motivators, not specific visions. The value is a "an image which has no existence in reality", & things which don't fit with it are ignored, and things which do are embraced. So it's a gauge for when to act or not, what to pursue & support or not, rather than something to conform things to fit. Because Ne likes to consider multiple realities, there's never "one way to skin a cat", or one way to reach some end which fits a very abstract concept of value.

INFJs seem to have much more specific visions, and so their concept of "harmony" is backed by a very subjective view of what that looks like. They may indeed use externally defined value-concepts, but as the means to a Ni end. This is why Van Der Hoop calls INJs tyrants within their own circles (unfair as well, but makes a point). They seem to want to use these external systems to keep reality inline with their very individual vision. This is perfectly fine when that vision is operating off of a deep insight into how things will pan out & what needs to be done to reach a better end (better being defined with "Fe", and any unselfishness or self-sacrifice is very necessary to balance Pi).
[MENTION=18408]Castameare[/MENTION] 's post about Beebe's model is really helpful, IMO. Most of it suits me anyway, except the Si attitude in INFJs can be similar to one in NPs in general. For instance, a common Si attitude known as the "Fi-Si loop" in INFPs is feeling like the past has made a cage for us, that we cannot escape it (a haunting of sorts); yet not using personal experience to navigate the future but instead blowing it out of proportion as a sort of doom for the future (perhaps also a mix of how Ni is supposed to work for us). The past is sort of irrelevant as anything useful, but still a dark cloud hanging over you. I have a tendency to trust or believe in my theories over what my first-hand experience has told me. I find it difficult to approach a novel problem or new situation using my own concrete experience, which I deem too specific or narrow to reflect the multiple realities that could unfold. It's like "that was then, this is now, variables have changed, so that is irrelevant". The problem here is when it actually leads to you repeating the same mistakes because you stupidly think that enough has changed that the same action will lead to new results. It's kind of crappy Ne because it's using Si to not change yourself (poor Si In NFPs is "I will not change who I am in a factual/concrete way!!!" ie "I will not wear your uniform!"), but not using it to see how certain realities signal outcomes you can trust to unfold, therefore you must change yourself to produce the reality you want.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Here's INFJ vs INFP for ya:

W

WALMART

fia said:
My question would be at what point does employing all eight functions for all types reach a point that makes the individual categories of type meaningless? I don't know the answer, but just asked the question.

My first instinct was to say someone that's at a high level of health for their Enneagram type, or someone who relates with many of the MBTI types, as an Enneagram nine would. Perhaps someone with no personality, even?

I do know that identification with a single type is an ego-intensive process. I think many people identify strongly with their types to the point they can no longer view the system holistically, only as pieces of themselves and others. That's what a lot of typology seems to be about, portrayal or reception of an image. I prefer to think about the various systems in a more organic, all-encompassing manner - I seek to use them as tools for growth, rarely as tools for identification. I think this is why I like Enneagram so much, there are implications inherent to the system that entail patterns of growth, unlike the stagnant theories that circulate with Jung's work. It's probably why most of my depictions of types will be negative or focus on an unsavory aspect, because I think the good qualities people embody are well beyond basic functional pairings like Ni+Fe or what have you.

A quick little aside, I wrote high end fashion/giving up on makeup as hyperbole against each other. I didn't really think of high end fashion as entailing expensive goods, I thought of it more as a timeless approach to the subject, while INFP's are more experimental and nuanced in their preferences.

I think you're more right about INFP; your stereotype of INFJ sounds like you've been dating ISTJs.

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND ISTJ. It's like your elusive true self, I swear to god you just described Victoria Beckham, and if she's an INFJ, I'll eat my hat.

POSH SPICE

images

INFJ: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

I think, of the four women I've been romantically entangled with, they've been ESTJ, INTP, ISFJ and INFP. The ESTJ was the absolute least feminine of all, stopped wearing make-up and started wearing comfortable, baggy clothes early in her teenage years, when most boys and girls were incredibly kept about their appearance.

Based on this, and if I am an ISTJ, I don't see Victoria Beckham being ISTJ. I would consider neither you nor I as authoritative figures on typology, and given that I've seen three websites classify her under three different types I wouldn't really say the consensus on her has been established.

Here's a random, interesting tidbit I found about her: "...where she was embarrassed by her family's wealth and often begged her father not to drop her off outside the school in their Rolls Royce." I don't know what that's indicative of, but meh, at least there was partial agreement I was onto something when I wrote that. I don't think it's completely invalidated.