• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ the most disorganized judging type

A

A_priori

Hey guys,

I was reading an old thread that was discussing INFJs being the most disorganized judging types and wanted to hear what others thought about this. I personally think it's relatively accurate in a sense because I can feel really disorganized sometimes especially when it comes to keeping a specific schedule but not so much in other areas. I tend to look at commitments as burdens for the most part as they can tend to make me feel as if I haven't had the chance to fully weigh out my options. I know this night sound a bit funny to others but I was just wondering how others on here see INFJs or if other INfJs tend to feel simular.

However, when it comes to doing a job miticuliously and seeing things through to the very end I am very much a judger. I am also very pariticular on staying organized in a sense that everything in my living space is typically spotless. I like to make the best of my space and am continuously purging to be rid of stuff laying around causing clutter. I am very much the opposite of a horder. Anyways, I just wanted to dig a bit deeper into the whole judging function as I feel like it fits me a bit different than other types.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, I definitely agree that IxFJs are the most disorganized J types, probably with INFJ being a little more disorganized than ISFJ. It makes sense - you guys are dominant Perceivers, even though you're extraverted Judgers, and you use warm relational Fe in preference to crisply logical Te. And N adds a touch more distance from practical affairs.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm pretty disorganized, but I have managed to still have all the same kids I started with so I think that's adequate.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I'm only selectively organized. Particularly with following instructions, I tend to be hazy on specific details and do best with them in both verbal and written form.

My workspace has always been a bit messy even though I know where everything important is.

I dislike paperwork. First borns/only children and Te types in my life tend to take on the role of looking after practical matters for me, but if I am working closely with someone chaotic, I naturally and easily take on that role (more attractive because the organization is achieving a larger purpose).

Generally I don't lose things and periodically am seized with the need to re-organize and clean.

I'm punctual but sometimes have trouble budgeting time. I get everything done but sometimes it involves late nights. Sometimes I double book myself when I don't look at my calendar enough even though I'm meticulous about writing things down.

I find ongoing logs like food journal, diaries or behaviour records at school hard to consistently maintain, yet am bothered because I want them to be perfect. I put off things that involve decision-making with no clear answer, or tasks that I'm unsure of how to approach, yet care about.

I dislike disorder though and cannot live well in chaotic surroundings or with people who create too much emotional chaos for me to deal with.

Daenera

Rogue heart
You know what they say: "Ordinary people pursue order - Ingenious people rule the chaos" :D
I can't do anything I'm forced to do and I despise routine, but when I really have to get some things done I try to do them in a certain time period, otherwise I'll get distracted by other things or engage in procrastination. :rolleyes:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Yes, I definitely agree that IxFJs are the most disorganized J types, probably with INFJ being a little more disorganized than ISFJ. It makes sense - you guys are dominant Perceivers, even though you're extraverted Judgers, and you use warm relational Fe in preference to crisply logical Te. And N adds a touch more distance from practical affairs.

Holy woah, yeah, the J label means nothing. I have two ISFJ friends who are sloppy as shit.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Holy woah, yeah, the J label means nothing. I have two ISFJ friends who are sloppy as shit.

Lol, yeah. My ISFJ is really careful about his personal appearance and hygiene, keeps his car immaculate, is always early, and definitely prefers closure, but he's much more loose about keeping his things organized, like I am. We make piles of clothes and papers and leave the bed a cozy mess. He doesn't really do planning, either, which I always found interesting for a J. He's still definitely order over chaos, but it manifests in specific ways.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Order and being able to command stuff is where it's at. Organization on the other hand is just putting things into stupid little categories and restricting the flow of their movement. I thereby decree that being a master of order is vastly superior to that of being a slave to organization!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My disorganization has caused me grief all my life. I've been attempting to overcome it since about kindergarden. It's just not going to happen. It seems to be getting worse as I get older. I manage, but not as easily as I can envision managing if I could just get my shit together.

A

A_priori

I find ongoing logs like food journal, diaries or behaviour records at school hard to consistently maintain, yet am bothered because I want them to be perfect. I put off things that involve decision-making with no clear answer, or tasks that I'm unsure of how to approach, yet care about.

I dislike disorder though and cannot live well in chaotic surroundings or with people who create too much emotional chaos for me to deal with.

I can totally relate to the above, especially when you say you dislike disorder but cant live in a chaotic invoroment. I find that it's such a double edge sword being an INFJ. It's like i freak out when things get to cluttered, but dislike having to keep track of the details in my life.

Although I do keep track of certain details, It's like a part of me gets tiered of feeling like I am confined. It makes me feel obligated and trapped in a sense. This is mostly specific when it comes to commitments. I guess i place more importance on details pertaining to things like keeping a journal or keeping track of other stuff in my own little world. I can't stand doing anything which falls into some kind of system. Although, I do notice that the majority of INFJs dislike routine, I actually don't mind it in specific cases as it allows me the opertunity to sharpen my skills in specific areas.

A

A_priori

Order and being able to command stuff is where it's at. Organization on the other hand is just putting things into stupid little categories and restricting the flow of their movement. I thereby decree that being a master of order is vastly superior to that of being a slave to organization!

Well put, gotta love INTPs. My experience with the few I have met is that you guys definitely don't like being dictated or restricted. I can appreciate this being a 4 as INTPs definitely stick out as individuals.

S

Society

the (two) INFJs that i've known are constantly between needing an organized environment and the lack of will to act upon the need in the now, so there's a constant backlash cycle of accumulation -> stress -> cleaning -> forgetting -> accumulation.

in comparison, the ISFJs i've known had a much a much easier time keeping up with habits, cleaning after themselves ritualistically, and one ESFJ in the army was particularly astonished at the very ability others (me and an ESTP most of all) have to not do so.

the INTJs i've known tend to develop systems dictating the right/wrong places to put things, which helps them keep things more persistent. as the story goes, before he was tamed into chaos by my ENFP mother, my father marked dots and lines around his apartment carefully calculating the best location of everything from the kitchen chairs to the mugs (and no, he was not OCD).

still, i am not sure if INFJs are more disorganized than ENFJs - the only ENFJ i was close to was during high school and she had a very disorganized looking organization formula (the shal just HAD to be thrown the right way on the mirror so it wrinkles the right organic way), which might have being a reflection of what she found to be socially appropriate organization at our age group and her style.

i wouldn't say that - it particularly means a mind which seeks maximum coherency over maximum stimulation (in my interpretation).

however being stressed by disorganization doesn't make you a good organizer anymore that having a bad immunity system gives you a medical degree. people in stories rise to the occasion, but in RL they mostly just eat up the consequences.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
sample size: 1

My INFJ isn't disorganized as much as "messy." She has some kind of convoluted, weird, not-easily-identifiable system in place, in that, she knows where all the important shit is, but it's simply surrounded by, under, next to, three-doors-down-under-the-rock-near-the-old-oak-tree-- utter clutter chaos. :D

In comparison with other Js I've known in my life, she (along with me, but I don't fit that well into ISFJ-land anyway) certainly takes the disorganized [but still delicious] cake. My INTP brother (along with other Ps I've known) OTOH, would forget where he put the cake in the first place. End up finding it in the already-run-off dryer with his newly-stained clothes. Slip on his once-white-but-now-pink-frosting-dyed shirt and walk away. Occasionally licking his shoulder and wondering why it tastes so good.

Yeah.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
i wouldn't say that - it particularly means a mind which seeks maximum coherency over maximum stimulation (in my interpretation).

however being stressed by disorganization doesn't make you a good organizer anymore that having a bad immunity system gives you a medical degree. people in stories rise to the occasion, but in RL they mostly just eat up the consequences.

In my defense, I was speaking to the stereotype that says Js must be organized in every aspect of their life, including their desks. :D