• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do ENFPs have to...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
generate change? As a teacher I dream about changing things, but I usually never get the chance or the influence to implement changes. The only "thing" I can change and influence is a person's self-development, which I consider as important as systemic and monumental "change."

What do the rest of you think???

:cool:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Ideally, I would like a lot of things to change, on a sociological level. I know that even though I'm just 'one' single person on this planet, not significant enough to create change (due to lack of wealth/public status), I can still create change in the little things I do- by the way I act/treat others.

Most times, I don't like to 'change' people, since I believe that everyone has the Right to be themselves so long as they don't hurt others, they deserve the respect to be as authentic as they can. My goal is to help people be 'more' of themselves, rather than deny who they truly are at heart. In a way, I'm against people changing others. It's like saying that they're "Not Good Enough." Rather, I like to think of it as "improving," being a "more defined/better YOU." Whenever my friends ask for advice, I always say "Be true to yourself.. I'll give you my opinion, but ultimately, it's YOUR life, it's up to you and you shouldn't let me influence your decisions in anyway" (although, me telling them to be authentic is way a form of influence, I still try my best to get people to do what's best for them).

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
Hi. Sixth grade comm arts teacher here. I don't think it's just NFs who desire to see change. My school principal is an ENFP and she is big into not only generating change but helping other people realize the changes they can make as well. It's all very supportive.

PS, sometimes you enfps can be exhausting with your schemes to save the world.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Hi. Sixth grade comm arts teacher here. I don't think it's just NFs who desire to see change. My school principal is an ENFP and she is big into not only generating change but helping other people realize the changes they can make as well. It's all very supportive.

PS, sometimes you enfps can be exhausting with your schemes to save the world.

Woah woah woah!

INTP... Community arts teacher...

You win.

:worthy: :ninja: <--- you

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Communication Arts.

I know, not as cool.

I'm revoking my worship.

In its place: :) 'cause you're still cool.

EDIT: :doh: Community?! That doesn't even make sense!

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
eh, hem... besides, weren't you supposed to worship moi?

No, no! I was to pounce you with crazy lovin' emoticons.

Well, since you're here...

:glasses::wubbie: :hug: :heart: :blush: :heart:

:biggrin: :worthy: :static: :rolleyes: :nice: :static:

:happy: :) :D :hug: :hug: :wubbie: :hug: :heart:

20060925_shostakovichportraitphoto.jpeg
<---- He loves you too! :heart:

EDIT: Sorry for fluffing your thread, Little.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes. Change is inevitable. I find this thread extremely interesting so far.

My best friend is an ENFP and we are about to set out on starting a non-profit that promotes people shedding their corporate attitudes and becoming who they are. We aren't trying to change anyone, just help them remember what they forgot when they got caught up in 'the dream'

It's funny to see how other ENFP's feel the same, I don't want people to not be themselves, I want to help them become more of themselves...

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, no! I was to pounce you with crazy lovin' emoticons.

Well, since you're here...

20060925_shostakovichportraitphoto.jpeg
<---- He loves you too! :heart:

EDIT: Sorry for fluffing your thread, Little.

aw, the room suddenly got a little warmer....
this place seems nice...mind if take a seat and bask in it? :D