• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do movies we like and books we read say about our types?

INTPhonetics

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I don't know if this'll correlate at all or not...

Favorite movies:
Foxfire
The Dark Crystal
Clerks
Amelie
Stand By Me (okay, but really, who doesn't like that movie)
Nausicaa: of the Valley of the Wind
Whisper of the Heart
(the last 2 films are from Studio Ghibli)

Books:
Everything ever published by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
A Handmaid's Tale
Girl, Interrupted
Fahrenheit 451
Fall on Your Knees
Tank Girl (yeah, they're comics, I know...haha)

Jaguar

Considering you have no idea why they're watching the movies or what they "see" while watching them, it says nothing about type. I could say the same of books. Someone said to me, "You must like baseball since you like all those movies." I can't stand baseball. For all I know, someone thinks I like hockey since I have a quote from Wayne Gretzky in my sig line. I don't like hockey.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In general, the genres I most like tend to predominate and create the most internal reactions for me.

But yeah, I would say I don't really like sports much -- yet I have really enjoyed some movies centered around sports. (I watched Moneyball last month, for example, and really enjoyed it. And I liked Million Dollar Baby. Etc.) Whatever captures my interests transcends the genre. But I do find that certain genres hold more appeal to me personally. I really like speculative genres (sci-fi, fantasy, horror, surreal stuff, etc).

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Game of Thrones FTW!!!