• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] What's your favourite type of 'creation'?

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you prefer.. books, movies, paintings, statues, poems, etc.
and why?

Qoi

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anything that transcends whatever it should have been. It could be any of those things, but if it started as one thing and the artist let it naturally evolve until it reached heights no one, not even the creator expected, then that is when it becomes special enough to be a favorite of mine. Of course, anything that I can consider transcending itself is subjective, so it's probably not what you're looking for. Sorry. :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me it would be the complete mastery of mind and transcendental power of one's will to overcome any challenge and make any sacrifice to reach the crowning zenith of achievement!
I will not rest; I will not sleep, relax, relent, or be satisfied until my goals have been met, the challenge answered and all my doubters silenced. I will not give in to my foes; I wont let down my teammates. I wont stop inspiring those who look up to me or stop giving motivation to those who motivate me. I will not back off until I’m back on top, back in the place where they said I could never be again. Mountains dont scare me. The lack of mountains scare me. The climb up, the struggle for every inch of ground and every level of ascension is what feeds me. I welcome that challenge. I welcome that chance to be fed because no matter what - no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined. ― Kobe Bryant
"The will is a world architect and composer, the will is a world power and mover. The world is shaped in the image of our wills and by the power of our wills. Will has essentially the nature of a force. Like all forces, will has a magnitude and a direction, and just like things move in the direction of the strongest force, things move in the direction of the strongest will. Whenever you loose something, you faced a greater will and were overpowered by it. If you want something to happen strongly enough, if the world wants something to happen strongly enough, then it is going to happen. The will is a creator. Will is a living organism, it grows and develops along with the individual. Weak individuals are characterized by a weak will or lack of will. Ill people are known by an ill will or a destructive will. Hence the presence and development of will is absolutely essential for personal and spiritual ascension. The key to the higher and diviner life is a strong and healthy will, a will to improve, a will to exceed, a will to life, but most importantly a will to ascend. The seed transforms into a flower by a will to ascend in the instrument. The will to ascend is an elevator to the higher levels of being, a key to unlock the higher potentials of life and a power to manifest them. I do want to climb a high mountain today!" ― Friedrich Nietzsche
View attachment 9138
Explore the Edge of Endlessness - Ascend the Mountain of Transformation - Omnipotence
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity. If thou but settest foot on this path, thou shalt see it everywhere." ― Hermes

If it is not true it is very well invented. What we each seek is the direction of our dreams. Though these concepts we create may not have a real immanence in existence, they should nonetheless serve us as guiding stars we can gaze to from across the horizon, ideals we can all aspire towards and follow. If we push our chase to the edge, places un-previously imagined in our time may shine with all promise as they progress from possibilities to present paths we will walk. The particular map I present in this program is a projection that can work for all people, as it allows for individuality and being your own true self.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Novels are my favorite, especially fantasy/urban fantasy/paranormal romance. But I love a good story in nearly any form.

gromit

likes this
I used to like a lot of visual media, painting, carving, etc, and I still do, but I think my focus has turned more toward food recently. Learning new techniques, blending flavors, different pairings... and I really love plating too.

Added side benefits:

1. it is a more functional type of creation; you have to eat anyway
  2. the end product is ultimately consumed; there aren't any cluttery remains from the process (eat up or wash away)
  3. you can share with other people, which is added enjoyment

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I most appreciate "practical" place-art... design and decorating in particular... I love the creation of positive atmospheres for people to live and interact within. Gardens, meditation rooms, bedrooms, museums, hotels, convention halls, gathering places, stores, anywhere there is an opportunity to create a place of environmentally-friendly rejuvenating immersion. Plants, water, wood, trees, soft lighting, natural lighting, comfortable seating, freedom of movement. We were not born to be boxed in dirty backrooms.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and why?
Which do we prefer as a user, or as a creator?

gromit

likes this
Which do we prefer as a user, or as a creator?

That is funny, I totally interpreted it as "creator" - my answer would be quite different in terms of which I prefer to experience/consume.

gromit

likes this
That is funny, I totally interpreted it as "creator" - my answer would be quite different in terms of which I prefer to experience/consume.

Well, it would be the same, plus more things, namely movies, TV shows, and music.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I meant user, but I would like to hear both :)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I wasn't sure how to answer this at first.

Then I realised the context of the creation, books, movies, paintings, statues, poems...need not matter. Probably a cop out answer to some. But to me it's those...little beauties that are aflame for just one moment, one single moment of sincerity and then it blows out like a candle to the wind.

This has more to do with an individual's reaction to such stimulus than the stimulus itself usually. You can try to hold onto that brilliant moment of course, but in truth it can never really be held again, it's there and gone, even though the original object that excited such a reaction is viewed over and over again.

Because it was never the object to begin with it, it was the person's imagination, the singular most perfect gift any creature of nature could receive.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and why?

I'd add music to the list. I like music al ot. For me, it can alter my mood, express things in a way that it's difficult to do in just words.

Visual art can do that too, but music seems to have more of an impact on me. I do like good art though.

Also yes to books. Fuel for the mind and imagination.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and why?
I prefer books and music as a consumer, with movies in third place. Books leave more to the imagination than movies, and since they do not occur in time, I can control the pacing, rereading passages as often as I like, or stopping to do something else. As a creator, I like to make music because it is enjoyable and satisfying on many levels. I feel it allows me to use aspects of myself that I don't get to use otherwise. This is part of the enjoyment of listening as well. I enjoy creating practical items, like clothing and things for my house. Here it is a combination of meeting a real need in a way that is both effective and creative, functional and aesthetically pleasing. I also enjoy creating in areas that are not artistic, but that sounds like another topic.

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anime/manga. I didn't intentionally set out to like Japanese comics & cartoons but it just kind of ended up that way. :D

Err, music first, if that counts, though.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am a big fan of art/doing art. I have done it since a young age and it is a great way if being expressive. I mostly draw animals and characters and use mixed media. Focussing on the expression of the characters is one of my favorite parts. One big part of my art is blending the colors. One of my favorite mediums is watercolored pencil. Definitely traditional over digital but I do admire other people's digital work. It's easier to get things out via art than words.

I also like film, and film editing. It is an under-appreciated job in the film industry. I enjoy splicing up clips and pictures to music. I have done some projects for fun as well as some presentations for class and for other people. It is fun, does take patience, but the end product is very rewarding.

I am a big fan of music as well and sing, play the piano, and play the guitar. I don't so much write my own songs but I like doing renditions of existing songs.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the reason I like anime because it blends art, music, and novel levels of storytelling all into one. I am especially keen on music. Anime also frequently does things no other media has done.

I myself like to write, and express emotions and experiences through writing. I want to share them.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe that video games have the most potential as an art form. A good video game includes literature, music, and visual art, in addition to allowing the player to immerse themselves in the various systems and freedoms of a game.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Before I became addicted to the internet and gaming, I constantly read. Fantasy was my absolute favorite for the longest time. But I also loved Stephen King and Jean Auel. Music was also a great passion. I'd play some Yanni and then write for hours.
I enjoyed the great outdoors a lot, as well. You could always find me in the woods near my home, gathering saplings and "fan plants" (?) to create forts.

Now that I'm on the internet (or my iPad) all the time, I still prefer fantasy, sci-fi, and thrillers but as movies, shows or video games. I love playing games where I can create things, though my creations are fairly basic. In EQ2, I'd build furniture for my homes and I loved decorating them (especially the floating island home!). In 7D2D, I always built a fort on pillars with traps to protect against the zombies; and then I built a home with gardens over a lake.

As for more hands on creations... I used to write non-stop. In my youth they were fantasy/thrillers novellas, then poetry, then songs and melodies. I have a great ear for music, so I can just pick up and play the clarinet, flute, piano. My memory is crappy though, so I always mess up even basic songs lol (I can't read music).
I like to crochet and I taught myself how to create things with plastic canvas/needlepoint.
I make functional things: blankets, bags, lanyard cases for my e-cigs.
Again, though, because of my crappy memory and an inability to read patterns, I have to play it by ear so I have to redo a lot of stuff and frequently have to watch tutorials (though I've spent hundreds of hours making stuff, I can never remember how I begin each project :doh:)

Heh, when I was pregnant with my third kid, I drew a lot. They weren't the best, but still pretty good. Once I had her, I lost that ability. She ended up having a passion for art. I used to joke and tell her she stole her ability from me :D

[:doh: Sorry. Fi user here. Didn't notice the brackets in the topic :doh: ]

Last edited: