• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ males - Do you seem "NT"

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
A question for INFJ males; I have noticed that American culture at least is not that attracted to 'soft' males (e.g. sensitivity = emasculation outside of a romantic relationship). As such, many F males seem to come off as Ts. I have watched some INFJ male videos on youtube whom are sans the 'lively facial expressions' or elocution of a typified Fe person (unless I'm in good company). Conversely, INTJ females seem to be a be softer than the males.

Perhaps society makes our tertiary functions more pronounced and Fe becomes more of a subconscious mode by which we made judgement but is heavily influenced by culture.

The vacant look in his eyes is very Ni-dominant IMO
it's odd, very introverted Ni-doms never really look "there", not in the pejorative sense but just a look of physical deatchment/disengagement. Anyone else notice?

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
It's strange how much he resembles my INFJ dad in his speaking style and facial expressions.

SPs and NJs do seem the most likely to have odd, often blank expressions. I wonder what the connection is between that and Ni.

Guy V. Malaxia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Perhaps society makes our tertiary functions more pronounced and Fe becomes more of a subconscious mode by which we made judgement but is heavily influenced by culture.

Society is the cause, I do agree. Men are to be logical, masculine, etc. Women are to be thoughtful, submissive, empathetic, etc. I have distinct childhood memories involving my mother chiding me for "acting like a girl" for some reason or another. Certainly affected me, as I didn't challenge the conventional gender roles until I was well into my teens. By then I had already assimilated different "male" traits into my own personality in place of those which didn't fit the proclaimed standard.

Trident

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w5

Society is the cause, I do agree. Men are to be logical, masculine, etc. Women are to be thoughtful, submissive, empathetic, etc. I have distinct childhood memories involving my mother chiding me for "acting like a girl" for some reason or another. Certainly affected me, as I didn't challenge the conventional gender roles until I was well into my teens. By then I had already assimilated different "male" traits into my own personality in place of those which didn't fit the proclaimed standard.

I can agree with this. (I think) It's Fe and Ni reading society and adapting to it, subconsciously. I know I seem quite 'NT', but, I'm very... girly... deep down.

The Fe reads everything, but the Ni puts it together, forming the NT xNFJ.

W

WALMART

INFJ's are closer to ST than anything, but yes, INFJ's are very adept at conveying stoicism.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

This is interesting, because I never had any desire to be a 'traditional' male as presented by society and frankly, despite the immense amount of flak I garnered for doing so, I stuck to that my entire life, so far at least.

I agree on the societal implications of where this stems from. I would say that there are a few traits that are attributed to men and women which stem from biological differences and hormones.

But most of these are small things blown up into vast character portraits that are supposed to encompass all men and all women. It's a horrible illusion that has been going on for far too long in most societies. It has become solidified in the collective consciousness of most people and the archetypes are so adhered to it's as if they almost exist....almost.

However it is really nothing but a shared series of assumptions, that many people abide by, especially men, because for most it makes their lives easier. Apart from it being easier for people to understand the differences in individuality, because generalisations are always easier to process than specifics or critical thinking, it is also of really benefit and bias for gender in society.

Usually this benefits men much more than women. But I suppose I shouldn't go off on that tangent, because it is an entirely different topic.

What I will say is that I subscribe to the view that....much much further down the line androgyny might reign supreme. Although whether this will actually be the true end of this daft gender culture I cannot say.

The vacant look in his eyes is very Ni-dominant IMO
it's odd, very introverted Ni-doms never really look "there", not in the pejorative sense but just a look of physical deatchment/disengagement. Anyone else notice?

It's funny really, because on Perc there was an individual who claimed he could type people by mapping their eye movements. By his theory your fella here is more of an Si type than an Ni one. He even went so far as to map this out with more information and collected data.

Although i'm not saying I am subscribing to his idea, more so that it is always interesting to hear different interpretations of theory. However he did at least flesh it out by putting some nice words to it, such as Ni users usually look towards the top, both left and right, as they create and pull back information from their intuition and their eyes never stay still.

Sounds like some nice believable stuff doesn't it? But then again....such ideas usually do.

ps: Did anyone else spot the wonderful irony of the comments on that video? All those unique and rare people coming together to reinforce their own uniqueness by agreeing with each other in exactly the same way.

ummm

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not an INFJ male but l'f agree. l assumed my uncle was an ENTP until recently, l really started to see some traits he doesn't usually show but that seemed very authentic, l think he's likely ENFP now.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I couldnt say. Probably. I do my best to keep my feelings hidden since I am very uncomfortable with deep, emotional (see: romantic) connections with people. I dont like to be exposed, it takes control away.

This might all be because I am an introvert (And an enneagram 9) more than me being an NF. Also, the functions i think with are introverted, thus not giving off any emotional heat.

If I'm confused with anything, it might be an ESP, at least on a good day.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
person in video is enfj 3w4 sx type. they always think they're nt types. often thinking they're intjs or intps. e3 is not an introverted type. it's a social actor who identifies with the expectations in the social space so naturally and fluidly. who connects and merges with the emotional meaning of the moment.

but they also have the e3 disconnect. the vacancy of non-purposive emotional expression. the ability to disconnect from how they feel in service of a goal. the incredible focus that blocks out all emotional dissonance, 'cept for that w4 that drags them down.

as for infjs, sp types are more stoic. so types are more friendly and effusive. sx types are more extreme. the thinking style is clearly not T.

A

A_priori

I am an INFJ male and i can come across as NT for sure but anyone who is close to me knows im NF.

A

A_priori

From what I have read, it seems INFJs typically display very borderline F/T and N/S charictoristics.