• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are all INFPs obsessed with Ramen?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do we ask you to see if you're ENTJ

Im a big fan of large quantities of meat cooked rare. I also have never met a situation where sriracha wasnt appropriate, or at least appropriate for consideration. I'd also be pretty suspicious if one of us didn't enjoy beer.

Nicki

Retired
Do you put in the seasoning packet before or after the boiling?

The directions say put it in after. I think that's a great failure, I put it it in before the boil for maximum broth flavor absorption, which is clearly the best way to do things.

Some people are noodle crunchers, however. That's blasphemy. You don't crunch the noodles and spill them out into the pan all stubby like that.

After. I hate salty noodles. I'm also a noodle cruncher.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ask me if I like dark chocolate. All ENTJs do.
Okay, sure: Do you and [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] like dark chocolate? ;)
Peanut butter? You need Jesus.
You don't understand!! The peanut butter melts into the water, and when I add sriracha, it's like Thai peanut sauce, on the cheap! :heart:
Im a big fan of large quantities of meat cooked rare. I also have never met a situation where sriracha wasnt appropriate, or at least appropriate for consideration. I'd also be pretty suspicious if one of us didn't enjoy beer.
Well, I guess that means I'm not an ENTJ, because even though I enjoy beer, I like medium rare better, and I only like sriracha in 85% of situations -- tried it on bratwurst and sauerkraut yesterday and was unimpressed.

I like this very scientific typing method!

gromit

likes this
As a teenager I would eat it every day after school. I one year asked for - and received - a large case of ramen for Christmas for my very own.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
lol, a strange coincidence when I met my infp the only thing she had for eating was Ramen. So even the transcontinental seem to do :D.

Nicki

Retired
Okay, sure: Do you and [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] like dark chocolate? ;)

I do and Wind-Up should. If she doesn't, she's probably an INFP.

You don't understand!! The peanut butter melts into the water, and when I add sriracha, it's like Thai peanut sauce, on the cheap! :heart:

Hmm that actually sounds good. I should try it out. You don't need Jesus anymore. Jesus needs you.

I like this very scientific typing method!

Same

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Not all that big on chocolate, but I find the dark variety preferable to other sorts.

Well, I guess that means I'm not an ENTJ, because even though I enjoy beer, I like medium rare better, and I only like sriracha in 85% of situations -- tried it on bratwurst and sauerkraut yesterday and was unimpressed.

I feel that's pretty indicative of the whole thing, though. ESTJs and ENTJs will alway feel a bit "right church, wrong pew" as far as the other is concerned, but it's the friction that keeps the romance burning brightly. :wubbie:

I do and Wind-Up should. If she doesn't, she's probably an INFP.

You cut me to the core, little one. :(

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I might have eaten it once, but I'm not in love with it. Guess I'm not INFP after all!:D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Turnip greens?! I am intrigued!

I wonder what the strong flavor of the turnip greens would be like in the ramen... Do you doctor the ramen up in any other way besides those three things? Which ramen flavor goes best with the turnip greens? What kind of hot sauce do you use? (Sriracha, I hope! I'm addicted to the stuff. :heart: )
I can't taste the greens in it that much, but I like the texture and it maks me feel like I'm getting some vitamin A and roughage. Of course, I'm a nontaster, so YMMV. And yes, I use Sriracha. It is yummy stuff. :yes:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I wish I were a nontaster. I'm a supertaster and it has made me fat as hell.

Ramen is cheap and convenient but I have to tweak it a lot before I can eat it sans guilt. Usually add veggies and eggs to it at the very least and use about half the seasoning and add some stuff of my own.

johncoconut

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't even use the flavor packet. And I like it raw *crunch* "gulp"

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I like cooking ramen,draining,adding sour cream, seasoning pack, and cheese nom nom nom

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not sure if serious...I love real ramen, as in slow-simmered real Japanese ramen that is probably the secret cure for both AIDS and cancer, as well as colds and flus.

I'm not big on the salty instant noodles, especially not cup o noodles, those are the biggest pile of suck imaginable, but I have taken a serious interest in other forms of instant Asian noodles since living in SoCal, since I can go to the Asian market and get the kinds with real pickled kimchee, or even instant noodles that are fresh in the pack, not freeze-dried, which come with a higher quality liquid sauce instead of bouillon.

If I must eat what most Americans call ramen, I get the chicken flavor that you actually have to cook on the stove, and use less water, and often add things like eggs or hot sauce.