• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Infj and dreams

quixoticcrush

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
This happens to me only when I don't like the dream, it's like a Murphy's law or something not only that I cannot continue the dream that I liked if I wake up, and usually I wake up at the most interesting part. aaarrrgggh :D

That's really interesting and intriguing, can't say I've experienced some thing like that, maybe the closest thing to a premonitory dream for me is when I would dream about a person and I'll see that person the next day. (what makes this worthy of a mention it's that usually it's about some person I don't see very often, that I don't expect to see at all.)

Wow, now that's very intriguing. How do you explain having this kind of dreams?

The only explanations that I have isn't a logical one. I've tried to find logic in it and there just isn't any logical answer. But astral travel could explain it. My soul/spirit/consciousness could actually be leaving my body when I sleep and taking trips. lol

quixoticcrush

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah I know a lot of different types that tend to dream a lot , but it seems to me infj's who dream often are the most interested in understanding the meaning of dreams or at least they like analyzing them (for whatever reason), somehow they seem to be the most enthusiastic about the subject :)

This is true for me when it comes to analyzing most things. I love dream interpretation and analyzing personalities whether it be through MBTI or Astrology, or even palm reading. lol

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had a dream two nights ago that this boy at my campus was flirting with me and I was really taking a liking to him but then he said he was just practicing and his real target was my friend (who actually does think he's attractive IRL).

Damn her.

Daenera

Rogue heart
I had a dream two nights ago that this boy at my campus was flirting with me and I was really taking a liking to him but then he said he was just practicing and his real target was my friend

Ouch! :mellow:

epitome

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dream of water bodies about 60% of the time. Either swimming pools or canals, but most often; a tidal wave. The tidal waves (usually there are two in each dream) always seem immense.. But by the time the water reaches me, there is no real damage done/the waves were smaller than they seemed/I have already moved to safety.

Weird.

Also, am I the only one who kinda enjoys sleep paralysis? =\

abbysunshine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dream pretty often, but they usually fade from my memory pretty quickly. A lot of my dreams tend to focus on unresolved issues in my life. I may be able to ignore or avoid these things when I'm awake, but when I start dreaming about them I know it's something I really need to deal with.
I tend to be pretty anxious so I will often dream of a situation where I am being attacked or that I am in harm's way, and I can't move or speak or see, and therefore unable to escape or get myself to safety.

I've heard that some people really enjoy sleep paralysis, and that it can often lead to lucid dreaming. Unfortunately, I almost always experience sleep paralysis in conjunction with night terrors. I'm not religious at all, but these awful experiences are enough to make me dig out my old bible and keep it by my bed for the rest of the night... :(

Daenera

Rogue heart
I dream of water bodies about 60% of the time. Either swimming pools or canals, but most often; a tidal wave. The tidal waves (usually there are two in each dream) always seem immense.. But by the time the water reaches me, there is no real damage done/the waves were smaller than they seemed/I have already moved to safety.

Weird.

Also, am I the only one who kinda enjoys sleep paralysis? =\

Enjoying sleep paralyses?:shocking: Nooooooo! I need freedom of movement!!!:run: I have experienced sleep paralysis,and think it's one of the worst feeling ever:mellow:, come to think of it in my dreams I'm always on the move, I'm either running, flying, swimming, traveling, always needing to go somewhere else.
How do you find sleep paralysis enjoyable?:shrug:

Daenera

Rogue heart
I dream pretty often, but they usually fade from my memory pretty quickly. A lot of my dreams tend to focus on unresolved issues in my life. I may be able to ignore or avoid these things when I'm awake, but when I start dreaming about them I know it's something I really need to deal with.
I tend to be pretty anxious so I will often dream of a situation where I am being attacked or that I am in harm's way, and I can't move or speak or see, and therefore unable to escape or get myself to safety.

I've heard that some people really enjoy sleep paralysis, and that it can often lead to lucid dreaming. Unfortunately, I almost always experience sleep paralysis in conjunction with night terrors. I'm not religious at all, but these awful experiences are enough to make me dig out my old bible and keep it by my bed for the rest of the night... :(

Yeah, I tend to forget my dreams as well, unless I think about them when I wake up. Sometimes I would dream I resolved some issue in my life, only to wake up and be like: oh snap, it was just a dream:ng_mad: lol

epitome

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enjoying sleep paralyses?:shocking: Nooooooo! I need freedom of movement!!!:run: I have experienced sleep paralysis,and think it's one of the worst feeling ever:mellow:, come to think of it in my dreams I'm always on the move, I'm either running, flying, swimming, traveling, always needing to go somewhere else.
How do you find sleep paralysis enjoyable?:shrug:

Because once you let go and relax, it's usually the onset of an extremely intricate lucid dream! It's almost as if I feel like I'm letting go of all negativity during sleep paralysis, and break through 'dream barriers' =P

When I was younger, these kind of dreaming sessions would take on pretty creepy tone, but not anymore.

Daenera

Rogue heart
Because once you let go and relax, it's usually the onset of an extremely intricate lucid dream! It's almost as if I feel like I'm letting go of all negativity during sleep paralysis, and break through 'dream barriers' =P

When I was younger, these kind of dreaming sessions would take on pretty creepy tone, but not anymore.

I asked because mine were really terrifying, but your dreams sound cool. :)
Do you have this kind of dreams often?

epitome

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I asked because mine were really terrifying, but your dreams sound cool. :)
Do you have this kind of dreams often?

Pretty often, yep! Mostly during the minutes between hitting the snooze button early in the morning and during afternoon naps, for some reason. =P