• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Mistype Videos

S

Society

I can't see how the type being "the rarest" (statistically) would possess more mistypes...

i don't mean in general, i mean specifically to those here: if the statics of users here were anywhere close to what you'd expect based on the population of each type, or - since some argument can be made that introverts are more likely to spend more time here - at the very least within introverts, you might be correct. in truth they are largely disproportional, and INFJs are the most disproportional among them. that means is that too assume that every INFJ here is an actual INFJ, is to assume that INFJs are remarkably more likely then any other type to find out about typology, generate interest & seek information about it, and choose to participate in a community built around it... or a large chunk of them are mistyped. we have no reason to assume the first, so the later is a more likely explanation - either way, this is a huge statistical anomaly that certainly deserves one.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
it doesn't seem to me to be arbitrary at all - the chances of someone tagged as an INFJ to be mistyped are higher then that of every other type.

[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] - the video's aren't bad, you nailed INFP and the ISTP ones - the only noticeable disagreement i have so far is that most of the ISFJs i've known don't quite fit your criteria, and the application of socionics to MBTI is IMO very much out of place.

Socionics and mbti are very much the same thing when you take it only based on the functions. Kiersey, however, is different from the other 2 altogether. Otherwise there is no difference between ISFJ and ISFP when I read the personalitypage.com descriptions. I've tried my hardest, there is almost no difference except for the personal growth page, which is somewhat vague. It was my intention to clearly distinguish the personalities without any ambiguity.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
DJ,

I think the videos are great. Thank you for taking the time to make them and to share them. Do you mind if I ask you how long you've been studying MBTI? I only ask because you seem to have a very solid grasp.

About 4+ years. Most of my experience is direct and involves poking people with sticks in the name of science.

Standuble

i don't mean in general, i mean specifically to those here: if the statics of users here were anywhere close to what you'd expect based on the population of each type, or - since some argument can be made that introverts are more likely to spend more time here - at the very least within introverts, you might be correct. in truth they are largely disproportional, and INFJs are the most disproportional among them. that means is that too assume that every INFJ here is an actual INFJ, is to assume that INFJs are remarkably more likely then any other type to find out about typology, generate interest & seek information about it, and choose to participate in a community built around it, or we'd otherwise be left with this huge statistical anomaly.

I see, I was not aware of the demographic percentages on this site. Thank you. However this all seems to hang on a person making an account and stating their type on their account. There is no way of determine the MBTI type of lurkers who haven't made an account; it's likely most are interested in typology and understanding themselves but not so much in contribtuing. I myself have spent 80% of my total time spent on this site over the years as an unregistered lurker reading the materal and later registered without my MBTI type being revealed and I would be sceptical that I am the only one. If every single unregistered guest were surveyed for their type I speculate we could have some very interesting data.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't mean in general, i mean specifically to those here: if the statics of users here were anywhere close to what you'd expect based on the population of each type, or - since some argument can be made that introverts are more likely to spend more time here - at the very least within introverts, you might be correct. in truth they are largely disproportional, and INFJs are the most disproportional among them. that means is that too assume that every INFJ here is an actual INFJ, is to assume that INFJs are remarkably more likely then any other type to find out about typology, generate interest & seek information about it, and choose to participate in a community built around it... or a large chunk of them are mistyped. we have no reason to assume the first, so the later is a more likely explanation - either way, this is a huge statistical anomaly that certainly deserves one.

What huge anomaly are you speaking of? Even in the ancient 'What's my type' thread in the bonfire, these are the stats, with INxP's being the clear majority of self-reported typings:

INFP 139 15.74%
INTP 154 17.44%
ENFJ 22 2.49%
ENTJ 29 3.28%
INFJ 107 12.12%
INTJ 93 10.53%

S

Society

I've tried my hardest, there is almost no difference except for the personal growth page, which is somewhat vague. It was my intention to clearly distinguish the personalities without any ambiguity.

really? i am not sure i see that much similarity between ISFJs and ISFPs... :shock:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
nor do i. never confused the two.

S

Society

What huge anomaly are you speaking of? Even in the ancient 'What's my type' thread in the bonfire, these are the stats, with INxP's being the clear majority of self-reported typings:

INFP 139 15.74%
INTP 154 17.44%
ENFJ 22 2.49%
ENTJ 29 3.28%
INFJ 107 12.12%
INTJ 93 10.53%

that's still 4-8 times what you'd expect (depending on source), but i'll admit that i mostly judged by the number of active members i see around me, which allows for more personal bias - given that i participated in more INFJ threads. good point overall, though the anomaly still seems to exists.

their should be a way to extract information directly from the user tags (without extensive coding).

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only watched the INFJ/INTJ video. The thing about the expressionless countenance of INTJs made me laugh, because it’s totally my experience of INTJs as well. Even the little bursts of laughter- I’ve only known a couple INTJs, but that’s totally what their laughter looks like to me (exaggerated, but a good caricature). And I guess I’d agree that INFJs are decidedly much more expressionate- but would add that it isn’t necessarily constant. It’s only in smaller groups of people I know well that I become animated or expressionate- most of the time I’m rather expressionless myself.

The thing about INTJs possibly mistaking themselves for Fs though- I thought it was a thing, INFJs sometimes think they’re INTJs but I’ve never met an INTJ who mistook themself for an INFJ. They seem to abhor it the way nature abhors a vacuum.

Oh crap. I just realized something. "Dying inside" sounds very dramatic and I was just claiming NOT to be dramatic.

Lol. I often only catch how dramatic (or declarative) something sounds in retrospect. I usually feel so stoic when I say it (I don’t *feel* charged, so it’s surprising to me when it *sounds* charged).

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Am I the only one who did not like this guy’s videos? When I was typing myself this guy confused me to no end. After watching the first video again and taking notes to make sure I'm not crazy he's very unclear.

First issue: He starts off by saying the main difference between INFJ and INFP is the use of Fi vs Ti. I would like to know why this would be the determinant. If Infp=Fi Ne Si Te and INFJ=Ni Fe Ti Se why would it make sense to pit an INFP's dominant function (Fi) against and INFJ's tertiary function (Ti)? He never explains why or how he is using this method.

Second issue: The first half of the video he says INFJs have more back bone than INFPs. Towards the end he says an INFJ is more likely to get quiet and withdraw when they are hurt but an INFP is more likely to unleash a verbal assault and confront the person. So which is it? He never explains what the use of a subjective term like backbone even means. By my interpretation he would be contradicting himself. He never explains what he means so I can’t really come to any sort of conclusion about it.

Third Issue: His verbal diarrhea concept. He says INFP's do this when hurt because of the use Te. He describes it as a wall of text and says something to the effect that "it's like by talking they cover up the fact they are hurt". Then he says Ti users won't do this when hurt. A Ti user will react but not with wall of text. They will instead give you all the reasons why they are not guilty of what they accuse you of. Ok fine but then he says Fe will use verbal diarrhea when hurt but it's diffident than Te. He never says how. So an INFJ who is Fe aux is more likely to react with their tertiary function and an INFP with their inferior? But why? If we follow that logic then they should both be operating with their 3rd and Forth functions respectively (for the sake of balance let's say you need an internal and external function). So for INFP Si Te and INFJ Ti Se. So why not explain what that combination looks like in both types in different situations? Just saying they do it but it’s different doesn't tell me anything and it’s very confusing.

I found some of what he says interesting and insightful. For example he describes how an INFJ would get to know someone vs INFP. I also liked what he said about INFP's exerting an internal warmth vs. an INFJ's external warmth. I'm not sure I fully agree/ understand that. Again he was very unclear but It was an interesting perspective. I think it all goes back to not pitting a dom function against at least an aux to begin with. It would have been a lot more informative to know what an INFP's use of Fi Ne looks like vs. and INFJ’s use of Ni Fe. Overall I just feel like he never fully qualifies anything he says so I can't take what he says too seriously. He uses subjective terms and built part of his supporting argument around "it's just different". That's not good enough to persuade me I have been mistyped. Personally I feel if he can't explain how an INFJ and an INFP are different the rest of his videos can't be given much credibility. To the Op and those of you who liked these videos feel free to correct me if I misunderstood something he said. [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] [MENTION=10653]SuchIrony[/MENTION] [MENTION=16388]Bilateral Entry[/MENTION] Perhaps it would help me if you would explain why you agree with his first video or anyone else for that matter.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Am I the only one who did not like this guy’s videos? When I was typing myself this guy confused me to no end. After watching the first video again and taking notes to make sure I'm not crazy he's very unclear.

First issue: He starts off by saying the main difference between INFJ and INFP is the use of Fi vs Ti. I would like to know why this would be the determinant. If Infp=Fi Ne Si Te and INFJ=Ni Fe Ti Se why would it make sense to pit an INFP's dominant function (Fi) against and INFJ's tertiary function (Ti)? He never explains why or how he is using this method.

Second issue: The first half of the video he says INFJs have more back bone than INFPs. Towards the end he says an INFJ is more likely to get quiet and withdraw when they are hurt but an INFP is more likely to unleash a verbal assault and confront the person. So which is it? He never explains what the use of a subjective term like backbone even means. By my interpretation he would be contradicting himself. He never explains what he means so I can’t really come to any sort of conclusion about it.

Third Issue: His verbal diarrhea concept. He says INFP's do this when hurt because of the use Te. He describes it as a wall of text and says something to the effect that "it's like by talking they cover up the fact they are hurt". Then he says Ti users won't do this when hurt. A Ti user will react but not with wall of text. They will instead give you all the reasons why they are not guilty of what they accuse you of. Ok fine but then he says Fe will use verbal diarrhea when hurt but it's diffident than Te. He never says how. So an INFJ who is Fe aux is more likely to react with their tertiary function and an INFP with their inferior? But why? If we follow that logic then they should both be operating with their 3rd and Forth functions respectively (for the sake of balance let's say you need an internal and external function). So for INFP Si Te and INFJ Ti Se. So why not explain what that combination looks like in both types in different situations? Just saying they do it but it’s different doesn't tell me anything and it’s very confusing.

I found some of what he says interesting and insightful. For example he describes how an INFJ would get to know someone vs INFP. I also liked what he said about INFP's exerting an internal warmth vs. an INFJ's external warmth. I'm not sure I fully agree/ understand that. Again he was very unclear but It was an interesting perspective. I think it all goes back to not pitting a dom function against at least an aux to begin with. It would have been a lot more informative to know what an INFP's use of Fi Ne looks like vs. and INFJ’s use of Ni Fe. Overall I just feel like he never fully qualifies anything he says so I can't take what he says too seriously. He uses subjective terms and built part of his supporting argument around "it's just different". That's not good enough to persuade me I have been mistyped. Personally I feel if he can't explain how an INFJ and an INFP are different the rest of his videos can't be given much credibility. To the Op and those of you who liked these videos feel free to correct me if I misunderstood something he said. [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] [MENTION=10653]SuchIrony[/MENTION] [MENTION=16388]Bilateral Entry[/MENTION] Perhaps it would help me if you would explain why you agree with his first video or anyone else for that matter.
tldr

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I just wanted to know how you interpreted the first video and what you liked about it. I had three main issues with it that I outlined but it is a bit lengthy so I understand if you don't care to respond.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just wanted to know how you interpreted the first video and what you liked about it. I had three main issues with it that I outlined but it is a bit lengthy so I understand if you don't care to respond.

he said things that seemed consistent with what I've observed.

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
well it's nice that you're doing something caring, but too much of that whole self-sacrifice thing will implode you

So... you're dramatic but you don't like that about yourself?

How is GO Advanced different from the other way to post?

Anyway...

I'm really not so dramatic. I'm pretty calm. I think I say things that are dramatic and people are like..."what did she just say?!" It takes them off guard because I look calm--even if I'm not.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=16388]Bilateral Entry[/MENTION] So based on your observations,if you had to explain the differences between an INFJ and an INFP you would use the difference between Fi and Ti as main the determinant? If so can you explain why? I just didn't get why would it make sense to pit an INFP's dominant function (Fi) against and INFJ's tertiary function (Ti). Could you give an example of an observation that would support the use of this comparison?

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
How is GO Advanced different from the other way to post?
you get like... a bigger window to type in...

I'm really not so dramatic. I'm pretty calm. I think I say things that are dramatic and people are like..."what did she just say?!" It takes them off guard because I look calm--even if I'm not.
Sounds exciting!

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=16388]Bilateral Entry[/MENTION] So based on your observations,if you had to explain the differences between an INFJ and an INFP you would use the difference between Fi and Ti as main the determinant? If so can you explain why? I just didn't get why would it make sense to pit an INFP's dominant function (Fi) against and INFJ's tertiary function (Ti). Could you give an example of an observation that would support the use of this comparison?
No not rly. I just kinda intuit it a person's MBTI. I don't use those Fi Ti thingies.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

My point with Fi vs Ti is that there is an entirely different temperature, mood, style associated with each one. Fi users tend to be more interested in learning other people's journeys while Ti users are more scientific. An INFJ is going to ask questions based on why you do what you do, INFP's are going to ask you what you have done. Ti has a much more, "i'm curious how this machine works" feel to it while Fi tends to be more, "tell me your life journey" feel to it. Fi is warmer than Ti, however Fe is more VIBRANT than Fi, which I didn't get into.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My point with Fi vs Ti is that there is an entirely different temperature, mood, style associated with each one. Fi users tend to be more interested in learning other people's journeys while Ti users are more scientific. An INFJ is going to ask questions based on why you do what you do, INFP's are going to ask you what you have done. Ti has a much more, "i'm curious how this machine works" feel to it while Fi tends to be more, "tell me your life journey" feel to it. Fi is warmer than Ti, however Fe is more VIBRANT than Fi, which I didn't get into.

I see , but my thing is couldn't you also then say INFP's use of Te vs INFJ use of Fe will give off more warmth than Te? Maybe i'm missing something but it just seems skewed to pit one types dom function against another tertiary.

My thinking is that although an INFJ uses Ti it's a feeling type first. It kinda feels like in the video Ti is overpowering Ti in the examples given. In addition to that Fe should be how we interact with the world that's the vibe an Infj should release. As an Introvert with extroverted feeling so although an INFJ may be interested in knowing how you think or "how the machine works" it should be done in a way that is very personable.

I think that's where Ti comes in to play. Ti is subjectively objective. It is logical for it's own subjective reason opposed to Te which is logical for logic's sake. So INFJ's should be using that Fe to feed Ti information. In an INFJ Fe would give Ti it's subjectivity. So an INFJ using Fe would customize it's probing method to whomever he or she was talking to. Taking in information about the person not by asking why questions but through general conversation to be place into an internal framework.

In conversation and INFJ would be reading between the lines using Ni to grasp the thing's someone is not saying. I don't think an INFJ would really have to ask those leading why question all that much. They are Ni dom. They would see the big picture or underlying meaning first and from there fill in their own "why?" without actually having to ask . I think a lot of times an INFJ has made up their mind about you through observation before they even decide if you're the type of person they want to engage in a conversation with. That's my problem with the whole Fi v Ti thing. I believe Ti in an INFJ is a passive function when dealing with people. Fe would over power it because Fe is the medium of delivery making Ti inconspicuous.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I see , but my thing is couldn't you also then say INFP's use of Te vs INFJ use of Fe will give off more warmth than Te? Maybe i'm missing something but it just seems skewed to pit one types dom function against another tertiary.

My thinking is that although an INFJ uses Ti it's a feeling type first. It kinda feels like in the video Ti is overpowering Ti in the examples given. In addition to that Fe should be how we interact with the world that's the vibe an Infj should release. As an Introvert with extroverted feeling so although an INFJ may be interested in knowing how you think or "how the machine works" it should be done in a way that is very personable.

I think that's where Ti comes in to play. Ti is subjectively objective. It is logical for it's own subjective reason opposed to Te which is logical for logic's sake. So INFJ's should be using that Fe to feed Ti information. In an INFJ Fe would give Ti it's subjectivity. So an INFJ using Fe would customize it's probing method to whomever he or she was talking to. Taking in information about the person not by asking why questions but through general conversation to be place into an internal framework.

In conversation and INFJ would be reading between the lines using Ni to grasp the thing's someone is not saying. I don't think an INFJ would really have to ask those leading why question all that much. They are Ni dom. They would see the big picture or underlying meaning first and from there fill in their own "why?" without actually having to ask . I think a lot of times an INFJ has made up their mind about you through observation before they even decide if you're the type of person they want to engage in a conversation with. That's my problem with the whole Fi v Ti thing. I believe Ti in an INFJ is a passive function when dealing with people. Fe would over power it because Fe is the medium of delivery making Ti inconspicuous.

ugh... I'm pretty sure you're Te because you're nitpicking way more than you need to.

You just described Ne in the first bold and Fi in the 2nd bold.

Se scans that which is readily apparent
Ne scans that which is not readily apparent.

I find it frustrating that you would question my status as an authority on the subject after referring to my videos for help in the first place... and then try to argue against me why I'm wrong.

Maybe I'm just angry and full of myself and don't like having my godly knowledge questioned.

ps I think you're an INFP