• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] question about a comment made in another thread

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
"this is the apparent dynamic of the INFJ SWAT team, one where they have being under the influence of each other in doing so for what is quite possibly years. most INFJs you'd meet - online or in real life - aren't going to have that influence, in fact they are the least likely of any type to have such an influence. as a result, the information they give and - more importantly - demonstrate, has to be filtered appropriately."
First. I am new. Hi!
Also, I'm still figuring how the forum works, so I apologize if I'm doing something contrary to etiquette.
I read through the thread that the above quote was posted in by a member named Mane. It's a heated thread and I do not quite understand all that's going on there, but...I sorta do. And for some reason, the above comment hit me like a ton of bricks. What exactly does it mean? What type of influence is being referred to apart from the "INFJ SWAT team"?

Weird, I know...but if you can help me understand this, I would really appreciate it.

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh no! Is it considered arrogant to make a thread with one's second post?
If so, sorry.
Anyway, it doesn't just have to be Mane. Anyone?
Hmmm...I guess y'all can't read my mind. Okay, so I will try to put my thoughts into words. Not always easy. Here's the deal...the reason that comment hit me so hard, is because...well, being the "least likely" to have influence is a little sad really. And I've had this fear of the "information" that I give (in many situations) isn't (and hasn't been) taken seriously. For a couple of reasons. And then someone--Mane--posted that comment and it struck me.
Is that common? That INFJ types are doubted in the information they give? Are most people greatly skeptical of INFJ information.
Or did I completely misunderstand?
If not, any advice would be appreciated.

S

Society

What exactly does it mean?

what i specifically meant:

1. every type has healthy and unhealthy tendencies, and the pattern it follows is a fluctuation depending on one's ability and willingness to grow in their weaknesses (lower 2 functions) to accommodate their strengths (higher 2 functions) to become more complete in their ability to process information.

2. the dynamic between this tight knit type-specific group who have being posting together for quite some time is that which is supportive of each other's unhealthy tendencies and inhibiting each other's willingness for growth, for what is - in a few cases - years.

3. thus, the information they give about themselves, even if honest and genuine on their part, is unlikely to be equally applicable to other people of their type who have not being under such unhealthy circumstances.

Is that common? That INFJ types are doubted in the information they give?

depending on how the INFJ in question conduct himself, then yes, due to this affect. that's being said, every human being of any type that repeatedly behaves this way is going to end up in that situation, it's merely that Ni-Fe without the support of Ti-Se often results in this behavior more often (examples throughout the thread in question in your OP are in their dozens).

p.s.
for future reference, please use @ prior to someone's name, as [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] did with mine, so that they will be receive a notification that they are being referred too - i know that this feature isn't enabled in many forums and understand that you are new, so it's understandable, but when it is enabled such as here on typoC, doing so often becomes a common courtesy.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know how it is with other folks, but I've 'known' a lot of folks on the forum for, like, up to eight years. I am fond of quite a few of them. There are at least a handful that I admire, some of whom because they are decent and kind and go out of their way not to hurt others. If I feel someone is being an ass to them, I'm inclined to defend them somewhat viciously. Some of them are INFJs.

Also, you do get some oppressed minority style bonding and defensiveness in a group like this and INFJs can be pretty damn ruthless under certain conditions.

So essentially I'm saying that I think it probably does exist to some degree and on one level it's probably not great, but on another level it's right and proper and exactly as things should be.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ doorslam, INFJ SWAT team... what's next? :greatscott:

Permabanned

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know how to reply to any of this.
:roundthnx:
I do love the smilies, though!