• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What does an ENFP love to hear?

DeVie

MBTI Type
INFP
Well... I'm sitting here right now watching my boyfriend sleep, and I'm struck by this amazingly fuzzy feeling. He looks very peaceful, helpless, and candid. To be honest, I haven't felt this level of affection for him in quite a while, and now I feel I've been taking him for granted. I want to write him an amazing poem or sit him down and tell him how much I appreciate him. Something.

I know I should tell him what I truly feel so of course I'm going to do that, but I'd like to know what ENFP's love to hear from their partners or anyone. Do they like constant reassurance? How do they like to be complimented? Do they like cheesy love poems? What puts butterflies in their stomach or makes them swoon?

I just want to show my appreciation for him somehow. I've done this in so many ways but maybe a little knowledge can help me find a new way. (Because god knows I'm always looking for something new to do when it comes to him.) :wubbie:

Thank you, guys!

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
This will sound corny hun, but I guess it is in the department of what you are looking for. ENFP's in general (like 99.99999999% of them) are addicted to novelty and new experiences. If you can come up with anything that he has not tried or seen, which might be hard, you might have something going.

For example, my girl is a super quiet INFJ that never does anything or says much. One night I came to visit her after a long day, and when I got there and started running my trap, she said shut up and told me to put this blindfold on and get in the car. Being that I love surprises, I was there before her, even with the blindfold on. 30 minutes into me asking so WTF are we doing, she told me to get out of the car and we walked for 5 minutes and then sat somewhere and she told me to take off the blindfold. I did, and infront of me was a view of the city that I have never seen from the mountains that sorround us, and more importantly for me, was a picknic basket that had lasagna in it. Now that was a nice surprise in my book.

I am not telling you to take your boy to a mountain view or a picnic, I am just saying think novelty and new experience and you will blow him off his feet. This addiction to novelty is where the greener grass on the other side thing about enfps comes from.

Good luck and you rock for being such a nice person.

Penguin

MBTI Type
ENTP
i told my enfp girl once that she was like a bottle of feeling, and if someone opens it up fuzzy bears and pink hearts will spill out :D
now she is a girl so that might make a difference but yeah, the guy above is right, do anything that is new, ENFP's melt away like ice cream before the sun if u do that ;)

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Okay, I say I like to do a LOT of random stuff and/or want odd things but I hardly ever repeat it to the same person or repeat it at all. I may just say "hey, target has that marilyn monroe painting -- it was really cool" and don't say anything about it again.

**I** think it would be totally awesome if someone remembered I said something tiny like that and they got it for me. So maybe there was something he mentioned that he liked???

DeVie

MBTI Type
INFP
This will sound corny hun, but I guess it is in the department of what you are looking for. ENFP's in general (like 99.99999999% of them) are addicted to novelty and new experiences. If you can come up with anything that he has not tried or seen, which might be hard, you might have something going.

For example, my girl is a super quiet INFJ that never does anything or says much. One night I came to visit her after a long day, and when I got there and started running my trap, she said shut up and told me to put this blindfold on and get in the car. Being that I love surprises, I was there before her, even with the blindfold on. 30 minutes into me asking so WTF are we doing, she told me to get out of the car and we walked for 5 minutes and then sat somewhere and she told me to take off the blindfold. I did, and infront of me was a view of the city that I have never seen from the mountains that sorround us, and more importantly for me, was a picknic basket that had lasagna in it. Now that was a nice surprise in my book.

I am not telling you to take your boy to a mountain view or a picnic, I am just saying think novelty and new experience and you will blow him off his feet. This addiction to novelty is where the greener grass on the other side thing about enfps comes from.

Good luck and you rock for being such a nice person.

That sounds wonderful. I sort of noticed that he was attracted to novel ideas, but I never thought it was something he (and other ENFPs) truly cherished. I can see where the "grass-is-greener" aspect comes into play. Thank you for the advice and the compliment! Keeping this in mind, with enough imagination and creativity, I'll be able to find new ways to blow him off his feet.

i told my enfp girl once that she was like a bottle of feeling, and if someone opens it up fuzzy bears and pink hearts will spill out :D
now she is a girl so that might make a difference but yeah, the guy above is right, do anything that is new, ENFP's melt away like ice cream before the sun if u do that ;)

Haha, I love your analogy. Thank you for the response. :)

Okay, I say I like to do a LOT of random stuff and/or want odd things but I hardly ever repeat it to the same person or repeat it at all. I may just say "hey, target has that marilyn monroe painting -- it was really cool" and don't say anything about it again.

**I** think it would be totally awesome if someone remembered I said something tiny like that and they got it for me. So maybe there was something he mentioned that he liked???

Come to think of it, there have been many occasions where this has happened. He, being a technology geek, falls in love with many gadgets and toys he finds on the internet. This is a sound piece of advice. He is always surprised when he finds that I remembered something he said a while back, no matter how minor it may have been! I can see why ENFPs would love that. The little things always count. :) Thanks!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know I should tell him what I truly feel so of course I'm going to do that, but I'd like to know what ENFP's love to hear from their partners or anyone. Do they like constant reassurance? How do they like to be complimented? Do they like cheesy love poems? What puts butterflies in their stomach or makes them swoon?!
There are quite a few things you can do/say that will make your ENFP partner swoon.

Physical/sexual things

1.) Treat him to a kinesthetic touch/love fest. Play with his hair, run your fingers down his stomach, trace each and every one of his vertebrae with your fingertips down his back. Kiss him in spontaneous and random places, basically lavish him with physical affection. Play with, and pay attention to particular landmarks, i.e. his belly button, a freckle on his shoulder, etc.

2.) When making love, *show* him just how passionate and into him you are, he will most likely pick up on this and love every minute of it. ;)

Verbal things

1.)Tell him *why* you love him, and *what* it is about him that you happen to love so much. We are fierce individuals and hopefully, our SO's will love and appreciate us for this fact, and in the event that they do, we just go all :wubbie:

2.) Tell him things about yourself that he does not already know, let him in.

3.) Instigate a fruitful conversation and let it run its natural course even if this leads to you guys talking till the crack of dawn. We love these discussions, they mean the absolute world to us.

Novel things

1.) Take him somewhere he's never been and don't tell him about it in advance.

2.) Play with him, that's right, tell him you feel like playing a game, ask him what he wants to play and then play!!! Playing is fun in and of itself, but playing with the person you love is nothing less than sublime!!!

3.) Drink espressos at three in the morning and go meandering off on a walk in the neighborhood "woods".

4.) Give him a flower, preferably a red rose, for the lol-cheese-factor effect and take him out to dinner all the while pretending that it is in fact Valentine's day when it is not. He would surely love the sincerity and satire of such a gesture.

5.) Wake him up with some breakfast donning bunny ears and try really hard not to laugh.

6.) Tell him that you feel like going on a random expedition, and that you are down to do anything and go out and explore something completely new with him.

Last edited: