• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How to Ceaselessly String Along an ENFP

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
hmm...but i wonder how much that has to do with the people you've dated, you know?

because...you have to feel it to express it...you know? or...maybe it's a girl thing....but it's more about just being direct for me i think.

I meant feelings in general. I have been mad in love with girls before. It just wasn't corresponded. Sure, maybe it was just deep infatuation...my point being that I'm always somewhat reserved. But like I said it's partially a conscious effort. In a non-judgmental world I could see myself being more open, yes.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...that makes sense.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I meant feelings in general. I have been mad in love with girls before. It just wasn't corresponded. Sure, maybe it was just deep infatuation...my point being that I'm always somewhat reserved. But like I said it's partially a conscious effort. In a non-judgmental world I could see myself being more open, yes.

In all honesty a piece of the pie is better than no pie:newwink:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Seriously, how would you find that ideal pie without samples?

Sure, I just meant you can't drool all over a prospective ideal pie. I hold my salivary glands. Doesn't mean I don't try to eat pies of varying degrees of quality, while not really drooling over any of them:tongue:

(i think I might have misinterpreted your metaphor)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oooh...is there a pie tasting going on around here? yay...just in time.

i think i have a favorite...but you can never be too sure. :p

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oooh...is there a pie tasting going on around here? yay...just in time.

i think i have a favorite...but you can never be too sure. :p

cant control salivary glands:devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you ought to see someone about that...that can't be cute. ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ooohhh...salivating AND rolling around on the floor laughing manically...even CUTER! haha

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
As an expert in this field, I have to say I wouldn't really have to do anything to string along an enfp as they just seem to love me :)

However, it is something I could never do as it would go against my principles and you guys are just too nice!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As an expert in this field, I have to say I wouldn't really have to do anything to string along an enfp as they just seem to love me :)

However, it is something I could never do as it would go against my principles and you guys are just too nice!

The best part is knowing the image went through there mind. Its fun when they slip up and have to backstep.

thinking - oh crap, now he knows what I thought, um, "not that I really want to ....".

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
OMG, if someone treated me that way.. I'd back off. I'd think it's a form of self-projection.

Although I do agree with VannillaCat in a sense that as ENFPs, we do have our own set of insecurities, just as much as other temperaments do, it doesn't mean that we won't stand up for ourselves. I do.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not really the smothering type but I'm always somewhat paranoid about the possibility of being perceived as such, if I really like someone, to the point of being too guarded sometimes. Never been in a relationship with someone I really loved, though. That's why they didn't last that long, so I'm guessing the guy would have told you if he didn't really connect with you. Meaning "the ENFP holding to bad relationships" can still be true, but only if there is some form of connection, I'd say(example : none of the girls I've been with really got me, so I never really felt too close to them.)

Hope that made some sense. I'm not really an expert, but I can vouch for being too guarded. Sometimes sharing how you really feel feels like a shot in the foot. It feels like girls don't actually want to know how you feel about them. Hence the "mysterious man" cliché. Once you're honest you lose your charm.

Interesting... I usually always trust my instincts with people, and have never had a problem with it, but I suppose he does try to be a "mysterious man" and that -does- throw me off. You guys are definitely helping me figure him out, though... Thanks! But due to my insatiable curiosity... now I just want to know more :p

As I've said, I care about him a lot...but sometimes I feel like all his flip-flopping too much for me. One minute he'll watch, listen, and analyze me (acting like I'm the only person on the face of the planet), the next he's shallow and a bit egotistical, the next he's confiding insecurities about me to my sister (also ENFP) and trying to figure out more about me from her, the next he's flaking out on me with plans. It's enough to give me a headache. I can handle a flaky guy that doesn't want commitment. And I can handle someone that wants to be more than just friends with me. I'm more understanding than I'm given credit for... just be one or the other! Not both!! Hell, I think I could handle it better if I didn't care about him as a person so much. Argh!

Anyways, about 4 months ago, he flaked out on me a few times when we tried to make plans... and -he- was the one that called to make them (As an SP, I'm pretty flexible, so I tend to always leave it to someone else to make plans for me). I began to get the feeling I was working under his time-line and he was starting to treat me less like a friend and more as someone to use, and I refused to put up with it. So in combination with that, thinking I needed to give another guy in my life a chance, and being the no-nonsense ST, I decided I needed to distance myself from him. He'd call every other week to check up with how I was doing or to try to make plans, but I purposely made myself busy (I can't help feeling a little vengeful if people think they can treat me in a way they certainly cannot). Anyways... to wrap it up (I'm rambling..), I figured he'd get the drift and leave me alone... but he hasn't.

So after four months of avoiding him, I finally gave up and went to hang out with him. We had a great time, and at the end of the night he leaned in to kiss me, and in what was really my way to feel out his thoughts more, I warned him about the other guy I was seeing. I'm pretty sure that just intrigued him instead of discouraged him. Because we usually have a habit of catching up every other week, and he went to meet me while I was out the very next night. Ugh. Either he's the persistent wants-what-they-think-they-can't-have type or he cares more about me than he'll admit and thinks I'm slipping away. I can't stand things that don't make sense and I can't figure out... This kid is driving me nuts. I'm a thinker... I prefer truth to tact anyways.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well...he's probably both sorry to say...we just are!! sweet and engaging one minute and aloof or feisty the next....it's just different moods...but isn't everyone that way??