• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, what do ENFPs do that drives you nuts?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Let me be upfront: I'm creating this thread because I have done nothing but read about and consider INFPs and INFJs for days. Frankly, I'm sick of thinking of my NF brethren. It's time we had an interesting thread about ENFPs for a change. So this thread is meant to be a nice breath of fresh air for all frequenters of the NF Idyllic Forum.

:smile:

Don't get me wrong. My question is a very serious one for my fellow ENFPs:

What behaviors do you engage in that drive you nuts about yourself?

For example, I hate the fact that my attention span is so short. I think this is related to me being a dominant Ne-user who is always scanning her environment looking for the novel. I try to ameliorate this by practicing meditation which does seem to help me minimize my ADHD tendencies.

So let me recap:

#1 - So what behaviors do you engage in that makes yourself cringe?
#2 - Do you have any advice for other ENFPs on how to minimize such cringe-worthy behaviors?

Starry

Here's one...
I waste too much time reading a bunch of emotional nonsense on the internet. And I can't seem to stop myself from thinking this: If I ever become so attached to 'ENFPness'...to the point where I actually become upset/offended if someone suggests something negative about ENFPs (that I absolutely don't agree or identify with)...then I tell you it is time.

It is time to take me behind the barn and put me out of my misery.

A

Anew Leaf

So let me recap:

#1 - So what behaviors do you engage in that makes yourself cringe?
#2 - Do you have any advice for other ENFPs on how to minimize such cringe-worthy behaviors?

For the sake of this post I will assume I am ENFP for the time being.

#1- That I start 500 projects very enthusiastically and then I get bored/frustrated/I've learned what I wanted to, in the middle of the project and I abandon it. (This is primarily my art projects.)
#2- Employ a TJ in your life with either Ni vision to help you discern which projects are the ones that you should focus in on, or one with some great Te to get all attractively firm with you and say "NO MOAR PROJECTS UNTIL YOU FINISH DIS WON FIRST."

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
On a related topic: I think most issues ENFPs encounter comes from a repressed frustration at not being ENTPs :coffee:

It's true

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Often I think their martyrdom and interest in being a "spiritual healer" is just a cover up for narcissism and a desire for control or a manifestation of selfish needs parading as what is in the best interest of others.

Starry

On a related topic: I think most issues ENFPs encounter comes from a repressed frustration at not being ENTPs :coffee:

It's true

Often I think their martyrdom and interest in being a "spiritual healer" is just a cover up for narcissism and a desire for control or a manifestation of selfish needs parading as what is in the best interest of others.

Both 100% true.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My biggest challenges as an ENFP 6 are indecision and lack of skill at narrowing down. I will report back someday if I ever find a cure. :blush:

It's true

Really more like repressed frustration at not being a J. Sorry ENTPs. :tongue:

UniqueMixture said:

None of this resonates with me. I've never been accused of martyrdom, narcissism, or desire to control, nor do I see them as issues I struggle with. My sins lie elsewhere - more in the realm of being too removed and not helping enough, obsessive self-analysis, and desire for freedom from others' control. Interest in being a "spiritual healer" comes from holistic perception plus a good understanding of internal psychological wellbeing. It is more of a natural capability than a facade.

To be honest, I think NTPs are some of the worst types at understanding NFPs. Our F functions inform our N very, very differently.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
[MENTION][/MENTION]Nothing, my fantasy is to lie on a bed with 9 enfps and 1 enfj feeding me grapes.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
To be honest, I think NTPs are some of the worst types at understanding NFPs. Our F functions inform our N very, very differently.
And you don't think of how enfps understand entps ? How very Fi of you :coffee:
do you feel you know what motivates entps to action ? (honestly, as in real situation not general philosophical ponderings)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And you don't think of how enfps understand entps ? How very Fi of you :coffee:
do you feel you know what motivates entps to action ? (honestly, as in real situation not general philosophical ponderings)

:laugh: Nope, this is a thread about ENFPs. Don't care about ENTP feelings ;)

No, I don't really feel like I understand TPs in general well. It's such a different valuation process. My experience is that there is often much misunderstanding of judgment from both sides.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:laugh: Nope, this is a thread about ENFPs. Don't care about ENTP feelings ;)
:cry: Nobody.. Ever.. Cares :cry:
No, I don't really feel like I understand TPs in general well. It's such a different valuation process. My experience is that there is often much misunderstanding of judgment from both sides.
Okey lets do the enfp dance, *takes a bow*

I have a question if anybody cares to answer: how do all these emotions impact decision making in high stakes personal situations (say dating, moving, robbing a bank...)? I m curious to hear about the Fi side of things

Standuble

I'm not an ENFP but I will say it in three words: Flighty Con Men. But I possess the same amoral Ne inside of me - where it could argue that it needs to overturn and demolish a city to looking for a pot of gold buried underneath only to lose interest half way and go and pursue another possibility, leaving a trail of ruin and everyone else at a big disadvantage as the sole outcome!

Coupled with Fi and Te to help you organise yourself towards said possibility and you have one potentially very dodgy bastard. Remember to take the ENFP seriously because they are very serious business.

S

Society

do you feel you know what motivates entps to action ?
do you? ;)
-> which actually brings me to my question (to ENFPs):

do you people experience anything similar to.. having to figure out what it is that you are feeling?

a.k.a. "hmmm i don't want X to happen so that means i care about Y and i really want to do Z so that mean Y could represents V... wait, am i feeling W? no, doesn't sound right... back to the drawing board" (a bit of an extreme but since it isn't verbal i am trying to depict a picture here)

or does Fi mean you always just KNOW what it is you are feeling about anything? does Fi automate the process?

i'm not talking about the most intense overwhelming emotions (being overwhelming is what defines them as highly visible within the realm of experience in the first place), but rather in the more general sense.

edit: or maybe Fi pushes up all your emotions are overwhelming? * scratches head*