• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you guys cry a lot?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no...i can cry easily sometimes...but not often...if that makes any sense.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I have to admit I cry probably a lot more than the average person. But it's usually just eyes water/little sniffles. I usually only do the bawling type of crying if I'm around someone I really trust and it's a more serious situation. For the little tears though, sad movies, sad books, sweet birthday/holiday cards, talking about my students, all that will get me. I also find that if I get hurt (e.g., fall off a bike, accidentally bump my head really hard, etc.), I feel like crying for a few seconds afterwards. If it's a thinking type who saw me hurt myself and they just do a "you ok" and move on, I don't cry. But if it's a feeling type and they run over and do the "oh, honey, are you all right, that looked terrrrrrible," it's over. I will cry and cry.

On the one hand it feels kind of good sometimes to have a good cry and get all those emotions out. On the other hand, it does bother me how some view it as a sign of weakness, and I'm pretty sure my fiance thinks I'm crazy.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
No, and when I do it is normally movie related and pretty subtle. Like I cried at the end of Donnie Darko because they destroyed existence of everything beautiful that happened during the movie. Going back and having none of the bad stuff happen made nothing right. And all the evil was still there, just not out in the open.

I cried at the end of Solaris and lost in Translation also. It is normally the destruction of potential or realisations of the impossible, that gets me the most.

When I say cried, I mean eyes a little watery, not balling. Only other times would be break ups and deaths, which probably bring out pretty strong emotions for most types.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I do. Not sure if I should be answering for the NFs though.
I have seen a man cry.
Only in the movies though.
Never in the real life.

T men do not cry.
F women do.

F men pretend they do not cry.
T women pretend they do.

saieditor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have seen a man cry.
Only in the movies though.
Never in the real life.

T men do not cry.
F women do.

F men pretend they do not cry.
T women pretend they do.

Might agree with the T men comment. I can relate to that.
Although I can count on one hand the number of men I have seen cry. :shock:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i haven't cried since ive gotten hurt when at a young age, so no, i dont cry a lot

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
I will tear up at movies and tv shows...happy and sad ones but as far as crying over my own life, nope. I was just talking about this the other day with a friend. I was saying how I wish I could cry about my life and all the shit I've been through and am going through now, but I can't and it's because my life is what it is b/c of the decisions that I have made. I made this life, why cry over it?

G

Glycerine

I was an emotional wreck for the last decade or so but I limited my crying a lot. I honestly don't cry at sentimental things but when I get overwhelmed.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I was an emotional wreck for the last decade or so but I limited my crying a lot. I honestly don't cry at sentimental things but when I get overwhelmed.

I have a friend who's like this (she's INFJ, too). She is very stone faced in public and is not the sentimental type, at least not outwardly. But she tells me about how she cries a lot in private from being overwhelmed...and she is easily overwhelmed.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Do I cry a lot? NOO. Just because I can't. Even if I would feel like it, nothing comes out.
When I was still a kid I used to cry often (all by myself) but I can't anymore. It's like I dried up over the years. :shock:
Not that it bothers me tho.

The only things that still make me cry a bit are things I am really attached to. SN for example. When they do something reeeeally sad. But even then I am having troubles to. =/

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I probably should more than I let myself...

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
I hate crying in public! So awkward! I will cry in front of people I am close to...because if I cry, I want someone to comfort me, not just stare at me.

I usually only cry if:

*Someone I love says something that deeply hurts me.
*Someone I love betrays me...like if I thought I could completely trust them and then I find out later I was being used but it's confusing to simultaneously process that they would even think of doing it...and then I get mad at myself for still loving them. Sigh
*The only movie that ever made me cry was I Am Sam. Before that I had never cried in a movie. I had tears streaming down my face. Even I was shocked! I wiped a tear away and looked at my hand like..."What is this foreign substance?" lol

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
I cry about 9 times a year. It's usually because memories comes back of how I messed up a good friendship or something or because I regrett acting stupid. But also of have been treated unfair.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In that case, it probably depends what I'm watching/reading. I don't cry because of stuff going on with me very often, but sad things in books and movies or in the news make me cry pretty easily. Not bawling and sobbing, but tearing up and sniffling. Probably once every week or two.

This describes me precisely.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ yeah me too...i cry very easily at sweet things in movies and such or even in person i guess if i see something really sweet...but i don't think i cry out of sadness very often.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate crying in public! So awkward! I will cry in front of people I am close to...because if I cry, I want someone to comfort me, not just stare at me.

I usually only cry if:

*Someone I love says something that deeply hurts me.
*Someone I love betrays me...like if I thought I could completely trust them and then I find out later I was being used but it's confusing to simultaneously process that they would even think of doing it...and then I get mad at myself for still loving them.

Exactly. But I would add I might also cry if someone I care for did something really nice for me, and if something bad happened to someone I care about.

Last edited: