• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you guys cry a lot?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I cry sometimes when my dad or sister cries..I can tear up sometimes in movies (like the end of LotR the return of the King, for instance, which I watched today), sometimes I'll feel depressed and I will start to tear up at random times, even when I'm not consciously sad at the moment.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mostly I cry when something is awe-inspiring or moving. When something is truly tragic, I don't cry I get angry instead. So, I cry but that's not how I experience sadness. I guess my sig is relevant...

Gauche

I dont cry nowadays, when I was younger (child), i cried from time to time.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Maybe once or twice a year I'll cry, as in the vocalizations and tears that come with crying. If something makes me really super nostalgic or sad I might tear up, but then swallow it back and be fine within minutes. It's mostly seeing people I care about cry that isn't good at all for me to be seeing.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I go through spells.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe every couple of months? Feels good to emotionally release and I just tuck myself away in a private place til I'm done. I think the vast majority of people who know me have no idea, lol. Just my mom and my SO... and now everyone on the interweb D:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The last time I can remember vocally crying was when I subluxed my left knee badly a couple of years ago. I am sure that if you felt your bones detaching you would cry out in pain as well. So I don't feel bad about that.

While I feel like crying quite often, and have a lot of reasons to drift into despair, I resist the urge to weep my heart out like some emo freak or teenage girl puking for the first time. Further, when I hear another guy cry or say he did, I automatically think what a loser he is, that he must be gay and have no sack. So I don't want to be like that...I mean, who wants to become the very thing they despise? There is nothing at all wrong with being a passionate person, in fact I think it's a positive, but it sucks when there's a storm brewing inside you half the time and can't channel any of it...

I agree with what people have said about emotional release. But not everybody has this luxury.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not excessively, no...I only really ever cry when I'm at the end of my ends(frustration), I don't usually cry out of sadness as overly dramatic displays of emotion make me somewhat uncomfortable...but if I felt the need to I wouldn't stop myself from doing so of course.

I used to cry a lot during my early teens, often for no reason as well as when I was mad. I've learned to control myself much better since then so that's really no longer a problem yet it's caused other problems, but I suppose that's how it works, picking your poison I mean.

I guess I've just entered into a state of mind where I think "ok you're an adult now and that means putting away childish things like bitting your nails(Yeah I used to do that and it seems really gross now...), crying at the drop of a hat, and etc." Not in a forced, sort of way though, but in a natural way. to be honest, I haven't felt the need to cry for no apparent reason(to be honest I just liked playing the martyr when I was younger, God knows why, and I embarrassingly enough admit that...) for a very long time so I feel this is the natural progression of things for me, and as long as it's natural I'm happy to move forward in such a manner.

Not that crying isn't perfectly fine or that it's immature in any way, just personally speaking it's not something I feel I should be doing frivolously anymore or feel the need to do so excessively any longer, I feel like that phase in my life is over and this is one of those ways for me to attempt to do what is so hard for me to do: let it go. Though, I understand that sometimes I do need a good cry and I allow myself that because I'm aware that repression is never the way to go about things. Crying can be healing and whatnot. Also tiring for some reason...

I no longer relate to a lot of what I did when I was younger in but it's still nonetheless, hard for me, letting go of that person.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not often. Usually it's over some stupid guy. It helps the feelings go away.

93JC

Very, very seldomly. Last time I can remember was two years ago.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It comes more easily than I'd like.

Control over it came immediately when I noticed that it wasn't the big or important things that made me cry. When truly serious shit is going down, when it counts, I have greater calm. Crying is usually more a product of the stress or mood of a moment, or self-caused from denying the need for human contact for too long. I realized that it was rarely an expression of deep feeling for me, and became embarrassed of that - so today, every couple months or so?

Like [MENTION=22089]Desiderium[/MENTION] says, nature may play a part. This realization and the change that came with it happened about exactly when I got out of adolescence.

Mole

Permabanned
I only cry at brave men fighting impossible odds. I don't know what this means.

Bullet

The last time I can remember vocally crying was when I subluxed my left knee badly a couple of years ago. I am sure that if you felt your bones detaching you would cry out in pain as well. So I don't feel bad about that.

While I feel like crying quite often, and have a lot of reasons to drift into despair, I resist the urge to weep my heart out like some emo freak or teenage girl puking for the first time. Further, when I hear another guy cry or say he did, I automatically think what a loser he is, that he must be gay and have no sack. So I don't want to be like that...I mean, who wants to become the very thing they despise? There is nothing at all wrong with being a passionate person, in fact I think it's a positive, but it sucks when there's a storm brewing inside you half the time and can't channel any of it...

You're right. Emotions are so unmanly. Luckily, you've been able to hide this deeply feminine side of yourself so the world will acknowledge your sack.

How do you complain about this emotional storm brewing inside of you with no way to channel it, then regurgitate all of the sexist nonsense that society indoctrinated you with in the first place? Talk about cognitive dissonance. In order to man up, you have to first acknowledge your own humanity, not deny it.

Also, if you believe a guy who cries is gay, yet you admittedly repress the urge to cry, then what does that say about your sexuality? :rly???:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
somewhat often, but it comes in waves and i rarely do it in public.

olivetti

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not really; sometimes I can feel gut-punched with empathy, but I don't always cry. I cry at tragedies and during certain movies or TV shows dealing with painful subject material...but I can also cry during Disney cartoons, so there ya go. As for crying every day, no I don't. I don't even cry monthly. There has to be a specific catalyst that touches me on a deep level.