• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you guys cry a lot?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I do. Not sure if I should be answering for the NFs though.

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm crying right now! Paaaaaaaaathetic.

But no, I don't cry very often.

grendiecat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
no

have to say no, almost never. sounds weird though--would guess that most nfs might. I don't though--no patience for it--just need to find a solution--how to not cry/fix the problem. don't sound very enfj, do I?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
How much is a lot?

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
I cry a lot.

Like 3 times in the last two years. It's been a rough time.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
In that case, it probably depends what I'm watching/reading. I don't cry because of stuff going on with me very often, but sad things in books and movies or in the news make me cry pretty easily. Not bawling and sobbing, but tearing up and sniffling. Probably once every week or two.

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
For a long time - years - I hardly ever cried. I felt it was a sign of weakness. But strangely, I've been crying a little bit more these days. Maybe it's a sign of premenopausal hormone fluctuations. :smile: Or maybe I'm just getting a little bit more sentimental as time goes by.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
When I was pregnant I cried all the damn time, that pissed me off!
Runny nose, itchy eyes......

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm getting ready to watch The Man Who Cried. It'll probably make me cry. :cry:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
:hug:

Thank you. :wubbie:

Just trying to increase my NF street cred!

I'm an emotional wreck, I always have tissues crammed in my sleeves, you never know when i'll snap.

It could be any month now.

See, if you think of the tissues as a tool for cleaning the innards of the victims off of your face and hands, this could totally be true, except for the "month" part.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
See, if you think of the tissues as a tool for cleaning the innards of the victims off of your face and hands, this could totally be true, except for the "month" part.

Well they are multi-purpose. Kids with snotty noses, brain matter off my sweater, random crying jag....like a boy scout, always prepared!

Atomic Fiend

I haven't cried since a little classroom breakdown I had when I was 14. Before that at the age of 10.

For me to cry about something, It'd have to be a big f***ing deal.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
A sad movie, book, or song will frequently have me tearing up, not usually sobbing. I don't know how often that happens, because I don't really keep track, but regularly.

Sometimes I sniffle a little just because I'm sad or frustrated, but that is on rare occasions. Sometimes this sniffling escalates into real crying, but that is on even rarer occasions.

I cried a lot when my grandma died, ditto for when my brother's dog died.

My most memorable crying bout within the last year was when my little brother was reading "Charlotte's Web" out loud to my mom. I was only sort of half listening, but then he got to the part where Charlotte died and I just burst into tears! It startled everyone, even me, but I guess it was kind of funny. Well, I was coming down with the flu at the time so I'll call that my excuse. ;-)

I don't know if this all qualifies as crying a lot or if it's just normal, lol, I've never compared notes with people on this before. I think I'm actually pretty emotionally stable. . .

Last edited: