• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] do you like being stoned, NF ?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
anja!! don't depress me!! i was tryin to have a laugh!! but yeah...drugs...really suck but i'm talking about pot...pot is just fine for some people...imo.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
In my case I just used it to sort of infuse something into my thoughts, they were too scattered and disordered otherwise. I was in a constant state of turmoil, I just felt like my mindset wouldn't allow me to believe I could consciously influence anything. Weed was a way to introduce some passion and chaos in a way. It was weird because it influenced my thoughts in a way that brought contentedness to my life. With some self reflection (after the fact) however it was clear that it was only an illusion, I hated the sloth like way I had become and the fiendish nature that smoking all the time can bring.

It's actually funny that it took another drug to level off my interest and activity in smoking. ADD meds, but I've definitely noticed a marked increase in my ability and confidence with having an actionable mentality. My need for other drugs waned accordingly as well. In fact most times I used to smoke I would go into a slightly depressive introspective mode that wasn't that appealing.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Drugs're bad!

I don't know if drugs are bad. Maybe some are. It's when we use them to do something for us that we don't want to take time to learn to do for ourselves that we get into trouble with them. Obvious in the case of addictive ones. Repetition of those and everybody knows what happens.

Then there are the prescription psychoactive ones which can allow someone to function fairly normally. The unfortunate thing about those is their sometimes devastating side-effects over time.

Pot can seem relatively harmless like coffee. Or like smoking nicotine used to seem to be to people. It is a risky thing because of the judgement impairment which can happen for people.

My son ODed on alcohol. He has anxiety disorder and the alcohol helps him function in public. He doesn't want to take drugs. It was an odd thing because he is an experienced drinker. I want to say "He should have known better."

When they found him clinically dead in an alley several blocks from the bar his blood alcohol level was .547. Only very experienced drinkers can even get that high and still walk.

He and his boyz had been doing shots and he won.

I sat with him on life support for over thirty hours. They doubted that he'd come back. But he did.

He tried to stay straight for a couple of months but didn't change his friends or his habits and he's using again. Most of his sobriety was spent hiding in his room. Certainly no better way to live than using.

He says he now knows how to handle it. I've heard that from every problematic user until they accept that it's causing problems for them. And I've heard plenty admit that they can't use without problems in their lives but not be willing to try any other way.

The problem isn't the type of drug exactly. Anything mood-altering can cause life problems.

I don't use pot although I like the effects. It's that relaxed, carefree feeling that it gives me which can lead to making unwise decisions for me that I want to avoid.

I know what a downer it is to hear it. It is depressing, yes. Sometimes the truth sucks. Heh.

redacted

^I was just kidding, somewhat. South Park reference.

I've done essentially every drug in the book (except crack, but only because it was never in front of me...)

I do somewhat disagree with the comparison of pot to nicotine or caffeine, though. It's much more intense. Stoners find their way to function -- it's doable, but it's still a pretty major handicap.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
I did, for a while.
However, over time the default feeling induced by weed changed from being pleasant to a state of intense paranoia and a feeling of panic, which is the reason why I stoped smoking it a few years ago.

Totally. The same thing happened to me. I wonder why this is.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
it's interesting how varied the responses are by type! i would have expected some sort of pattern, but it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to it. i guess this is more of a social thing, like what... crowd, for lack of a better word, what crowd you're in. but even then, that's not totally true, so maybe it's a purely individual choice?

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
^I was just kidding, somewhat. South Park reference.

I've done essentially every drug in the book (except crack, but only because it was never in front of me...)

I do somewhat disagree with the comparison of pot to nicotine or caffeine, though. It's much more intense. Stoners find their way to function -- it's doable, but it's still a pretty major handicap.

I agree as well. At least for me, personally. I have met people who are absolutely energized and active when they're stoned. When I used to smoke, this would puzzle me. It's probably another reason why I stopped smoking. :D

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
i think responsibility is a key thing to mention here.

i also think poor judgment calls are a result of what's going on in one's mind at the time.

too many people don't have a good enough grasp on themselves and their place in this world to begin with. when their thoughts and feelings are exemplified as when abusing drugs or alcohol bad/poor/wrong thoughts and actions can occur that wouldn't occur in a 'normal' state of mind.

people tend to get lost in their own minds and take on an entirely new identity when they're drunk or really stoned. Because of the exemplifying of unconscious feelings and ideas that comes with taking a mind-altering substance, those who are less aware of these dormant processes often react in an extreme manner and lose touch with reality entirely.

in this respect i think alcohol abuse is a lot worse than marijuana abuse as both can impair judgment (if the user isn't aware that they're still the one in control of his or her mind and body) but alcohol has resulting physical effects that are nowhere close to that calm, laid-back (well, lethargic) feeling weed often induces.

when you notice the physical and mental effects weed or alcohol have on yourself, know that the thoughts and actions eking out of you are your subconscious manifested, but they are still your thoughts and actions.

[shit i i was so convinced that what i'm saying is true but now i'm having second thoughts. i'll let someone else decide.]

but now maybe that^up there^ is where a lot of people 'go wrong'. when they begin to feel or think things that are unfamiliar to how they experience their daily lives, it could go a few ways as i see it.
If they don't have a good hold on reality initially, they will only become less in touch with themselves, and the more extreme the case the higher potential for a downward spiral of self-pity or unawareness or confusion.
if they cant even differentiate between their conscious and unconscious to begin with then they will feel that the effects they're experiencing are actually challenging who they are and so feel attacked. by themselves?

alcohol results in more of an outward thing where weed internalizes everything and forces you to come to conclusions based on your coriest of core truths and virtues (you might not have even known you believe :)).
in both cases though, a 'poor' foundation for one's virtues, combined with a less-conscious application of them to the 'drunk' or 'high' or 'stoned' feelings and thoughts, results in those feelings and thoughts being poor themselves?
am i on to something?

i personally have only been in a situation where i put the mind or body of myself or another in jeopardy under the influence of alcohol.
but that was totally acceptable by our society's standards, so it's ok.

i don't think i finished all my thoughts, but i think i've presented some sensible ideas, and i'm going to be done anyway.

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
that was good, i liked that! nicely articulated!

thanks!
but did it make sense or just sound pretty?
both would be cool.

beauty and functionality. in any sense of the words. the key to all that is good in life.

V

violaine

hmmm no. I have only had one experience and I hated it. I've never even smoked a cigarette. I have been told the circumstances surrounding it were possibly the reason why (?) *shrug* I had just broken up with someone, was devastated, met some people, was offered a joint, took two puffs and was then absolutely sick to my stomach for the next 24 hours.

Don't like being drunk either and that also very rarely happens. I think I don't like feeling like I'm doing any damage to my body.

Strangely I am regularly offered every drug under the sun whenever I'm out, even the last time I went sofa shopping the sales dude told me he wanted to smoke with me and bugged me about it a little via phone. I find that odd.

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
I have only had one experience and I hated it. I've never even smoked a cigarette. I have been told the circumstances surrounding it were possibly the reason why (?) *shrug* I had just broken up with someone, was devastated, met some people, was offered a joint, took two puffs and was then absolutely sick to my stomach for the next 24 hours.

i think responsibility is a key thing to mention here.

i also think poor judgment calls are a result of what's going on in one's mind at the time.

too many people don't have a good enough grasp on themselves and their place in this world to begin with. when their thoughts and feelings are exemplified as when abusing drugs or alcohol bad/poor/wrong thoughts and actions can occur that wouldn't occur in a 'normal' state of mind.

mmhmm.

i think the bad experience can be blamed on a lack of knowledge or foresight moreso than the weed itself, or even the fact that you were breakup-devastated, so i hope you haven't ended up hating the pots as a result of your experience.
i know you didn't say you did, but i hope that's not how you feel now or the reason you seem impartial/confused about the matter.

i think it was an irresponsible action choosing to smoke (on a very minor scale mind you). you didn't put yourself or anyone else's life in danger, but you did wind up feeling physically ill for a full 24 hours afterward.
though, in a stressful situation like a breakup it's probably probably tougher to think as clearly as you usually do, but thats where people gotta stay focused!
perhaps you wouldn't have decided to ingest a substance like thc if you really knew what state of mind you were in?
you probably could have told yourself the outcome has a good chance of not being so good.

but i suppose if you learned from the mistake then that's what matters.
try not to be devastated after a breakup? don't have feelings! (but really though, don't let the feelings be you. idk. i'm a guy. gimme a break)
but definitely don't treat mind-altering substances lightly.

and most of all, try new things in a calm, pure state of mind. not dazed and confuzed.
it's like having too many variables in a scientific experiment (it essentially is) not knowing which one caused the observed outcome.

and if you can't form a thorough hypothesis, try the experiment again!

V

violaine

mmhmm.

i think the bad experience can be blamed on a lack of knowledge or foresight moreso than the weed itself, or even the fact that you were breakup-devastated, so i hope you haven't ended up hating the pots as a result of your experience.
i know you didn't say you did, but i hope that's not how you feel now or why seem so impartial/confused on the matter.

i think it was an irresponsible action choosing to smoke (on a very minor scale mind you). you didn't put yourself or anyone else's life in danger, but you did wind up feeling physically ill for a full 24 hours afterward.
though, in a stressful situation like a breakup it's probably probably tougher to think as clearly as you usually do, but thats where people gotta stay focused!
perhaps you wouldn't have decided to ingest a substance like thc if you really knew what state of mind you were in?
you probably could have told yourself the outcome has a good chance of not being so good, look at me right now!

but i suppose if you learned from the mistake then that's what matters.
try not to be devastated after a breakup? don't have feelings! (but really though, don't let the feelings be you. idk. i'm a guy. gimme a break)
but definitely don't treat mind-altering substances lightly.

and most of all, try new things in a calm, pure state of mind. not dazed and confuzed.
it's like having to many variables in a scientific experiment (it essentially is) not knowing which one caused the observed outcome.

and if you can't form a thorough hypothesis, try the experiment again!

Oh wow, um, yeah, I am trying to be calm, pretty condescending post in the middle there. :rolleyes: Anyways... I was just sharing. I didn't really have much interest in trying anything but did randomly that night and yes I understand that my state of mind influenced my reaction. Lesson learned.

Although, I know I am very sensitive in terms of my make-up and that underscored it for me, so mind-altering substances are not for me. I pretty much have zero interest in pot or anything else. *shrug* No big deal. If I want to calm down I go for a run or do something physical and it works fine.

I don't care if others around me are into it though, loads of my friends and colleagues are. To be very honest, I wouldn't date someone who was really into getting out of it all the time with drugs or alcohol as I don't.

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
:hug:
i do sincerely apologize for the condescending under or overtones. i know you were just sharing, but your words are there so i simply seized the wonderful opportunity to aid myself in putting some thoughts and ideas down in writing. it's like a public diary.
well the forums sort of are.
no, they really are.

i might add that i think there are too many pot smokers who would benefit a great deal should they to choose your calm-down methods in place of a joint. i will bet (and i suppose i don't have to if you agree) that your life is just fine sans marijuana.
it's used, and abused. and it's sad :(
edit: ^what i was thinking about was how many avid smokers i know who forget what running is. like smoking weed and being active can't be a part of the same way of living. balaaaanceuhhhh

i do not want to advocate the use of pot, but i do want to promote gaining an understanding of it and it's affects (positive and negative) on people. (because it's so common in our society)

okay and one more time just because i feel bad
:hug:

V

violaine

^Awww it's cool.... thanks though - I kind of hate sharing publicly, (I'm sure you understand being INFJ too ;)) but thought I would and brace myself for the outcome, lol. Thanks for the hugs, :hug: to you too. I did take on board what you said though. :)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
hmmm no. I have only had one experience and I hated it. I've never even smoked a cigarette. I have been told the circumstances surrounding it were possibly the reason why (?) *shrug* I had just broken up with someone, was devastated, met some people, was offered a joint, took two puffs and was then absolutely sick to my stomach for the next 24 hours.

Don't like being drunk either and that also very rarely happens. I think I don't like feeling like I'm doing any damage to my body.

I think it's a good thing you didn't enjoy it, there are drugs I didn't enjoy one bit and I thank my lucky stars for it otherwise I would have been one of thosew shaky junkies looking for my next fix.

Plus (even though I do it) cannabis is bad for you since it's a) mixed with fags, and b) laced with stuff to make it more potent.

So thank your lucky stars that the boat passed you by because life is good without it, and your healthier without it :).

Strangely I am regularly offered every drug under the sun whenever I'm out, even the last time I went sofa shopping the sales dude told me he wanted to smoke with me and bugged me about it a little via phone. I find that odd.

Haha that must be weird for you. :yes:

V

violaine

^Aww thanks. Tbh I really think something in my make-up doesn't let me ingest certain things, I can't explain it very well. I don't tolerate alcohol well either. Even though I am very curious and interested in different planes of existence. It kind of sucks, though perhaps it's for the best. I don't usually do things by halves :)

Yeah, I really laugh at how often I am offered things.... It usually happens after some deep kind of conversation which I admit to having all over the place - I guess that is kind of what I am a 'shaky junkie' for, lol.