• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Fluctuating between T/F by 1%

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I have taken the MBTI test several times now and each time it shows me to be an INFJ or an INTJ, but the T/F only vary by about 1% either way. Could it be that the questions are not thorough enough? I'm pretty sure I'm an INFJ but I am also pretty sure that I have a highly developed T. Anyone care to help?How common is it to walk the line between T/F?

Things about me that might help. I don't like to talk about my feelings in public. I rarely, if ever, cry in front of people and while I may be touched or moved by a situation, I probably won't sound touchy/feely but will try to "just be there" and "just listen". I like a schedule but I always schedule "free time". I like a skeleton outline better than a hardcore schedule and I love an occassional free day. I love things that challenge my mind and make me think. I like puzzles, problem-solving, etc, but I also love to write poetry and stories (novels, actually). I will write a science fiction story then turn around and write a heart-warming coming of age tale, both of which is well-recieved by my readers. I love nature. I hike. I camp. I fish. I practice baguazhang kung fu. I used to be a cross country runner and loved it. I still like to run and exercise. But I also enjoy translating ancient manuscripts. I speak Spanish, some Cherokee, Lakota and English. I can read and write in Latin. I love languages and have a library of dusty old books to help me translate Greek, Hebrew, Nauhatl and other languages. I don't like angst, complaining, whining, negativity or "dark poetry" about sucky relationships and so forth. I like poems about nature and the "bigger picture" of life. I made top grades in Biology, Astronomy, Art, Linguistics, Literature, English, all kinds of History courses and have a keen interest in Cosmology [I've written secret papers on it that I haven't the nerve to publish yet]. As I write this I realize that in real life I walk a fine line between T and F and that sometimes my J isn't terrible strong. I am certain of the introversion and of the inutition. I have had tremendously accurate premonitions my entire life and therefore, I had to start looking for a logical way to explain their existence. I also have to think about a thing before I know how I feel about it.

Okay, that should be enough. I look forward to some help from other IN people. Muchas gracias.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Read two lines.

How about you take a cognitive functions thread? MBTI doesn't work by letters, but by functions. Nevertheless, looking to your enneagram, id guess T.

---
OK, read it now: yeah, i'd say you have Ni and also Te, which matches with INTJ. Your feeling function would be the 3rd down the line, and the thinking the second, so that matches well with your confusion.
Just read more on cognitive functions, that might help.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
:shock:

Does it matter if you're INTJ or INFJ if you're awesome? :thinking: :D

More thorough questions or a more precise test wouldn't help. Your Ni and Te will be much more useful, I think. I've always tested as INTP, but I determined that eNTP fits me a little better, mostly because Ne > Ti. Your general overall pattern of interests and your tone about them seems more on the INFJ side to me.

PrincessButtercup

INTJ - Ni, Te, Fi, Se
INFJ - Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

As was mentioned, look at the functions. INTJ extroverts thinking and introverts feeling. INFJ extroverts feeling and introverts thinking.

Fi and Fe function very differently and do Ti and Te. Spend some time studying the differences between the functions and you'll find your answer.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Okay, thanks, everyone. I did some looking into it, reading various definitions and descriptions. For the most part, I appear to fluctuate between Fe and Fi. Most of the time I am Fe, but when I'm stressed, pushed too far, or in an academic setting, I switch to Fi mode. On the Te/Ti, I am definitely Ti. So, it appears that I'm ..Ni....Fe...Ti...so, I suppose that while I DO sometimes, under stress, appear INTJ, I am slightly more INFJish. Javo, it appears you were right. Thanks, guys. Now I know what socionics are and I'm thinking that all of us are so complicated.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ - Ni, Te, Fi, Se
INFJ - Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
As was mentioned, look at the functions. INTJ extroverts thinking and introverts feeling. INFJ extroverts feeling and introverts thinking.
Fi and Fe function very differently and do Ti and Te. Spend some time studying the differences between the functions and you'll find your answer.
^this (in fact, when I'm typing people, Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te is usually the first thing I notice. they're nothing alike)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound a lot like me. But don't conclude you're an F because of that; I'm really only an F to suit the public. ;) Although INFJ fits me as well as anything else. So as for your type...I'm actually leaning toward F, partly because you take the trouble to say thank you.

A

A_priori

Being on the borderline of an F/T is a great result. It means your a healthy individual :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've been borderlining on the T/F scale since I dont know when. Only way to shed a bit of light on that was when I went down function analysis. There its more likely that I am a Ti/Fe user, what would rule out enfp for me.

Maybe a look at that does help you as well.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know, Elf Boy, I think that would depend how far apart on the spectrum their Ti/Te, Fe/Fi were. I mean it is possible for a person not to be very extreme either way. But, I can definitely see where if the difference were significant enough what you say would be exactly right.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
You sound a lot like me. But don't conclude you're an F because of that; I'm really only an F to suit the public. ;) Although INFJ fits me as well as anything else. So as for your type...I'm actually leaning toward F, partly because you take the trouble to say thank you.

Thank you, Green Fairy, it is good to hear someone else say, " hey that's me, too"

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
A_priori and Entropie,

Thank you both, encouraging words and sound advice!