• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Emotionally Dead?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Has anyone else experienced this? Lately, I've been feeling like my Fe has either withered or died and I'm not able to interact with or relate to people comfortably. I've never been even close to what someone would describe as "warm and fuzzy", but I have been able to understand and even empathize at times with another person's emotional states.

So what's up? Is my Ti acting up or what?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
My first thought would be that maybe you are under stress or something is bothering you.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Or that you'ld have started dealing with your own problems. What wouldnt be too bad if you havent done it before.

Ti is more like emotionally blind. For Fe being emotionally dead it could mean that one is very submerged in own problems or, like Disney said, that something someone did bothered you and disappointed you moreso than you noticed.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have seen countless Feelers who exhibit almost no emotion.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I feel emotionally dead right now...

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ under stress mode. It's a common reaction among introverted feelers to either emotionally withdraw from others under stress. Self-protective mechanism. Prolonged stress can result in this.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
It is very difficult to be warmth exuding and have generosity of spirit when you are not receiving enough fuel for life. Chances are you are drained because you are not aligned with the things and people you love. I find when I haven't been pursuing my passions or been receiving tender care from others my heart dries up like a raisin.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My fe can be weird. It always helps me navigate through social situations and is present with people who I care about. While I am a deeply caring person, there is often a null void within me, and I go through periods of being uber expressive, to being barely expressive at all. Well, I'd say generally, I'm quiet, and people who don't know me well can't tell what's going on beneath the surface but there is a lot going on inside. I have trouble processing it a lot of the time though.