• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Meritorious NFs?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i am still looking for proof that the experience of full enlightenment (no matter how interpreted) is even possible for S and F types.
by full enlightenment, i don't mean full "insight" into the nature or emptiness or the present moment or something. that may come by accident. enlightenment is about owning it.

isn't eckard tolle an enfj?

Yeah- Enlightenment seems very S-like- being here now. I still think its a concept derived from N's and seems as though more N's focus around it and the concept.

Eckhart Tolle, I'm guessing is either INFJ or ENFJ, definitely.

rank

By the way, never forget that what types look like currently - is not - what they've been like some time ago. The Internet era especially brings major changes to the way types realize their abilities and are treated by society.

Leo Tolstoy - ENFP
Mark Twain - ENFP
Charles Dickens - ENFP

Paul Erdos - INFJ
Meryl Streep - INFJ
Jacque Fresco - INFJ

Leonardo da Vinci - ENFP, sounds more plausible than ENTP to me. My argument is very intuitive, but he was a real master of the subtle and gentle curves, plus his sfumato - that is not the approach of ENTPs to nature, their schemes are more 'edgy' and they prefer contrasts more than blurs. All drawings of Leonardo, even his scientific ones, avoid extreme sharpness. In comparison, take Salvador Dali - he is also interested in blending, but in a clear conceptual way, not using mysticism, glow etc. He uses very clean, sharp lines, and I think this is more ENTP-like.

Why dont we start bringing up names like Ghandi, Buddha, Jesus, Plato and so on?

That is not even half of it and those four were all INFJs.
I'm not sure about Plato. I don't think his primary function was N or S - unlike his student Aristotle. Plato could have actually been an INTP, or even more probable: ISTP(ENFJ-shadow) - something like Clint Eastwood. He was quite the athletic champion in his youth and throughout his life. He had at times very black/white views about people: some are good, some are bad, some deserve honor, some not, etc.; with a very sharp and precise cut.

This sounds plausible. So what type was the goob that invented fire? An NT or a Sensor? :eek:
Heh. It's likely that it was an accident, so it could have been any ISP, or EP. The glory of INTPs comes much much later, I believe, in way more complex and abstract matters. Back then, in the caves, INTPs would probably all rely on their ESFJ side.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Yeah- Enlightenment seems very S-like- being here now

no, it's only some stupid formulations that make it seem alike.
but a really narcissistic S type can appear like godhead, like an owl, a vessel of emptiness. not enlightened though. unless you think, that animals are enlightened. a lot of people would like to agree with that. but actually the traditions emphasize that enlightenment (per deffinition) is only possible in the human body. naturally no is is "disconnected" from Spirit, if you imagine/define it as basic substance.

btw, S types don't live in the present, they live in the past !

that's why jiddu krisnamurti, for instance, who was speaking to the majority of people, who are S types, always warned them about attachment to the past. also i think he may have been an s type himself. obviously an enlightened person is not limited to type functions, but still has a preference. maybe he was istj or isfj. incredibly stiff anyway. (i am a big fan of his writings, but his videos on youtube are killing me)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Batman -- ENFJ

why? every shithead is supposed to be NiFe but the only hero i can actually identify with, a little, is supposed to be FeNi?
no, if batman where an enfj, he would breed a whole tribe of robins for his approval. they would dance or sit in hugging-meditation all the time and never notice when the batsign is lightened.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
why? every shithead is supposed to be NiFe but the only hero i can actually identify with, a little, is supposed to be FeNe?
no, if batman where an enfj, he would breed a whole tribe of robins for his approval.

I was just goofing. :)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i know. wasnt meant to sound like harsh criticism. i was just whining :D

Frank

Martin Luther King
Martin Luther
James Joyce
Eleanor Roosevelt
Harriet Tubbman
Deepak Chopra
Jimmy Carter
Barack Obama
Mother Theresa
3/4 of the saints I'm guessing
Nostradamus
SolitaryWalker :devil:

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Charlie Brown - INFP. What about the other Peanuts characters? I guess this has already been done somewhere. The Peanuts characters are just asking to be typed.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Beethoven
Chopin

nanook

a scream in a vortex
there is a slight difference between Si and Se and F - or T - Dom anyway, but since pretty much no one here understands the concept of presence, i wont bother to talk about it ...

rank

Georg Cantor, the creator of paradigm shift known as Set theory, foundation for the invention of computers.

He was very emotional, pride-sensitive, and didn't have the backbone to stand up against his great contemporaries who ridiculed him literally to death.

Probably INFP.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
People always think that most of the world's most visionary dreamers and leaders are NFs. I really don't think so.

Jesus was an INTJ, he had a job doing and nothing got in his way. An NF most likely would have given up because of the amount of people who hated him.

Ghandi was also probably an INTJ, as he was a lot like Jesus- he stuck to his job consistantly and never gave up.

Buddha might have been an INFJ.

John Lennon was unquestionably an INTJ. He wasn't really the nicest person around, but his ideas and dreams kind of overshadow his self-centerdness. I've read books on the Beatles, and honestly, Lennon was kind of selfish and fame-seeking.

You may disagree with me, but please don't automatically label dreamers/visonaries/or leaders of the people as NFs when you probably don't know them too well. There's a lot more NTs than you think.

edit: I read something once that said that NFs don't usually climb the social latter in society as much as NTs can. NFs, early on, they said, find where their needed-usually to help others- where as NTs usually are looking for something greater and wider.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Carson McCullers
Allen Ginsberg
Edgar Allan Poe
Charles Baudelaire
Oscar Wilde

rank

Grigori Perelman, INFJ.
Also known currently as "the smartest man alive". He solved the famous Poincaré conjecture, more than a century old "Millennium" problem. This was a very hard problem in the area of topology - a highly intuitive mathematical subject. So intuitive, that it had to be solved by an N-primary type.

Grigori Perelman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because of moral reasons, he declined the prize of 1 Mln dollars, declined the Fields Medal (Nobel prize for math), and lives currently with his mom (he is 43) in her flat, from her pension. Such martyr-behaviour is typical for INFJs, and his photos from young and older ages show the physical features of growing male INFJs (compare with Gandhi and others):
perelman.jpg
0002qdrg

George Orwell
INTP. This type is freaking out the most about somebody else getting in their head and controlling their thoughts (schizoid), that's why they don't get along with ENFPs (who seem determined to "read" everyone's insides, because they are so damn curious about people). So Orwell's model of the 'pigs' and the 'thought police' follows closely the ENFPs and their shadows ISTJs (who sometimes become community leaders, but in the eyes of INTPs that's irrational and cult-like - compare with Tom Cruise and Chuck Norris).

Jesus was an INTJ, he had a job doing and nothing got in his way. An NF most likely would have given up because of the amount of people who hated him.

Ghandi was also probably an INTJ, as he was a lot like Jesus- he stuck to his job consistantly and never gave up.
I think Gandhi was INFJ, and Jesus was ENFP (trained by INFJs in the far east, and came back to show off his tricks, and got killed). Both of them have strange occurencies of (almost) sexual intimacy with their followers - girls that slept with Gandhi (without him touching them), the prostitute that was close with Jesus etc. If they were NTs they would never do such things so publicly, and openly; and especially there's no way for them to be INTJs - because they would not allow their image to be lowered by such actions. INTJs are very careful about their status, and they make their perverse stuff completely hidden (whoever gets to know - gets erased, lol... okay, suppose I'm just kidding). So, no, there's no way for Jesus and Gandhi to be NTs.

It just seems strange NOW that NFs were capable of so well controlled and so difficult strategic operations; that they showed such a strength of character. But back then it was different. There was no Internet, so NTs couldn't just jump right in the beginning of an NF campaign and ruin it before it even got started. Now NFs are completely "debunked", so their hands are tied. We are trying to illustrate in this thread that actually, NFs had some extremely important contributions, including to science, and they should not be treated like some dangerous lunatics right from their birth (it's counter-productive).

Give NFs a chance! (mostly by leaving them alone and providing them with enough time) Their ST-side combined with their N can solve problems that are sometimes elusive for NTs. If the whole culture preaches that NFs are redundant burden for society, this causes our current NF's capabilities to be diminished and wasted.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
An NF most likely would have given up because of the amount of people who hated him.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm not sure if I should call that the worst justification of typing I've ever seen or just plain idiotic.