• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What have you discovered about yourself recently?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ever since I went on a self-imposed exile from Facebook I'm much more productive. No longer do I have to entertain people I don't like or get reminded of a certain someone who I had drama with.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, one of my friends actually made me realize this recently: I tend to make things seem more beautiful than they are, and can also be really gullible at times.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are a few topics that I have an insatiable curiosity about. But for most subjects, I really could care less how or why it is.

I have a love/hate relationship with learning. If it's something I'm already interested in, then Bring it On! If it's something I'm not really interested in but I need to learn it for school or for a job, then I can learn it but I probably won't retain it very well.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I need to start building in wind down time into my day instead of taking it out of my sleep. I'm not sure how to do that yet but I'be got to figure out something different.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
... That I was never really myself growing up in teen and college years. Looking back, it's like until the last few years, i dont recognize that younger me! I was too tired from sports and lack of sleep. I had neurotic tendincies. I was a shell of my real self...

But I'm actaully not depressed or bitter about "missing those years". It's like, "wow, who knew I actually AM this awesome". I disagree with the type theorists who say teenage years are the most revealing of our personalities. There's scientific evidence that peoples brains change through 30! Your type, level of neuroticism, optimism and positivity isn't actually fully set until maybe 30. You actually can and do change, sometimes in lasting ways for the better.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Satisfaction is a lie. Nothing starves more than a human being.

Lark

I need to be more careful who I'm venting to and confiding in. Way more careful. Like keep it for a journal which I'm planning to burn when its full or something. :shrug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That it's okay to feel whatever I feel, the damaging part is acting immediately on those feelings; The feelings themselves are not wrong or bad, but it's best to go away alone or something and think about or experience or be with those feelings, or share them with a trusted friend rather than ACTING OUT THE FEELING IMMEDIATELY.

The problem is not the feeling (denial is unhealthy) but the immediate acting upon it. Much more could be learned from welcoming and being with, and learning from why the feeling is there, THEN when calmer perhaps discussing with the other party what you learned from it.

Because sometimes those feelings do mean you need to stand up for yourself or tell someone else to back off, but it's probably best to find out why first, then tell them in a way they understand what you mean.

But then again I'm often right, I've noticed I'll suspect something and it will be true.

I really trust my impulses. I think this is normal in someone with Se, or even just Pe; but it's imbalanced to constantly live in that state without analysis or judgment, or only using analysis or judgment after you've already made a mess.

I'm really good at it when in a professional state of mind, though. In the right frame of mind, my immediate impulse or reactivity works well for me, because it's more controlled, and it serves me as a great way of improvising and reading people.

It's mainly in my personal life that it can cause problems; but that's because I act out on past trauma in the present, this is the source of all emotionally disturbed behavior or abuse.

Nicki

Retired
That I'm actually really awesome and I'm definitely going to be successful in the future

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a bit of a people pleaser which causes me to be passive aggressive sometimes/ need to keep remembering to set good boundaries with people.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
That I like to dress nice and look nice only when someone else motivates me. I'm a frumpy slob without others.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Apparently I pronounce the "h" in almost every word that begins with "wh"... but there's not much rhyme or reason to which words are exceptions to the rule. For example: apparently I pronounce the "h" in "what", "where", and "when", but not "why".

:wtf:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm a frumpy slob without others.

Ain't nothin' wrong with that! :cool:

I recently realized that I seem to have a mild stammer that shows up when I'm trying to explain things, when I'm nervous, or very rarely just randomly.

I've always been bad at explaining things, and I think I get why. Normally, I don't have much to say. When I am explaining something, I have too much to say in too little time. I'll be saying one thing, but then I cut myself off mid sentence and start a new sentence in an attempt to keep explaining. My thoughts get all jumbled and I stop making sense. Being a TA can be very frustrating. Identifying body parts is very easy and I don't stammer then...but when I have to give more information or talk about something I don't know as well, my words just don't come out right. When this happens, the other TA can tell I'm in trouble and jumps in to finish explaining the concept. Sometimes I really want to keep going, but I just get too lost. Luckily I only get totally lost when I'm nervous. Explaining in general doesn't make me nervous, but being unable to articulate myself in front of a group can make me nervous, which in turn makes me stammer more. Everyone stutters to a degree, but clearly I wasn't meant to be a teacher. :alttongue: But neither was my chemistry professor, apparently. I've noticed the reason why she is such a terrible teacher is because she has the exact same issue as me in explaining things (except she does not appear nervous).

Looks like my brain is a definite P. :D

Usehername

On a mission
Apparently I pronounce the "h" in almost every word that begins with "wh"... but there's not much rhyme or reason to which words are exceptions to the rule. For example: apparently I pronounce the "h" in "what", "where", and "when", but not "why".

haha. We call you guys ASPIRATORS.

(they call me names, too. :( )

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

Your pronunciation is correct.

There is rhyme and reason to all things.
In what, where, and when, aspiration (h) comes first.
The Scandinavians used to spell the words in correct order: hwat, etc.
In why, aspiration is as it is in the English spelling. So rare.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a better liar than I thought.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That it would be best for me to be alone for a while.

I crave intimacy and I crave connection but I feel like the idea of something romantic or long term at this particular junction in my life is a little like taking the cake out of the oven too soon: I need just a little bit more time...

Does that make sense?