• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do NFs care about anything outside of ethics/emotions?

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I don't think they care.
They consider relationships the most precious part of their lives. Relationships with themselves and others.
So emotions and ethics are all that matter.

Plus this proves I know nothing about NFs.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So NFs, do you care about anything outside of ethics/emotions?

Well of course I do! Of course I care about other things besides EMOTIONS!! I mean, what are you implying here, Kid?! Hmm??!! That I can't think?! Hmm?! That I'm an emotional feely-feeler from the Clan McFeely?! I'll have you know that I only cry every NOW and then when I do crosswords, okay! OK?! I'm not a slave to my F!! Well, I'm NOT! (shut up!)

*storms out of the room*

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My NF said he only cares about the ribs that I will be grilling for dinner tonight. :yes:

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I've been planning a career as a scientist (biology), I do well in natural sciences, I have made INTJs unable to answer during arguments and I have a little more than once defeated my ISTJ father in chess! That's NF for you! Ha-ha! Ha-ha!

:D <- Please notice this smiley.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
nope I only care about emotions and ethics. I don't feel like I even know how to think I also don't care about food either only emotions and whether or not someone else is doing the right thing.I care so little about everything else, I don't know how to read.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intelligence
I cannot stand someone who does things in a stupid way
even mistakes can be done intelligently
after all,
the only mistake is to not learn from them, or blame anyone else for anything

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ethics/emotions is rather broad. Could you be a little more specific?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intelligence
I cannot stand someone who does things in a stupid way
even mistakes can be done intelligently
after all,
the only mistake is to not learn from them, or blame anyone else for anything

Hey, blamearating is a venerated institution! I like to blame anyone at any time for anything anywhere! Naturally I qualify this habit with a general misuse of the First Amendment, but that's just how I roll in my 'hood.

*turns to random poster*

You! Over there! Feel the blame! That's right! I said 'blame'! Feel it! Right now!

Edahn. STOP. CRYING.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
*puzzled*

So NFs live inside boxes consisting of nothing but ethics and emotions?

How boring...

Me... I just like watching things. :cheese:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*puzzled*

So NFs live inside boxes consisting of nothing but ethics and emotions?

How boring...

Me... I just like watching things. :cheese:

And occasionally dragging a chicken wing down out of a tree with your sharp little teeth!

redacted

I have a hunch that this is how it correlates.

Fi= morals
Fe= ethics

i like this.

FP = feelings regarding/validated by an internal standard analyzed according to the logic of the current situation
FJ = feelings regarding/validated by the current situation analyzed on an internal standard

it would make sense that these correlate to morals and ethics

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
FP = feelings regarding/validated by an internal standard analyzed according to the logic of the current situation
FJ = feelings regarding/validated by the current situation analyzed on an internal standard

Too complicated. Dejargonize if for me please.

Fi : to remove Injustice
Fe : to remove Suffering
Ti : to find Truth
Te : to construct Knowledge

I think that makes a lot of sense and it provides me an avenue with which to approach Fi users.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm looking forward to your SP question. Lemme guess, do we care about anything besides action? ;)

TBiddy

MBTI Type
INFP
as an NF, i am interested in much more than just feelings and ethics:

science
technology
music
nature

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm interested in viewing issues from as many angles as possible. It is intriguing to view an issue completely outside of emotion or values, or using a set of values completely outside my own. I also enjoy logic, math, and analysis which contains pure elements that can in fact be measured. I can get lost in the indistinct nature of things. It is a relief at times to know there are some things that can be counted on with reason. I also enjoy trying to understand what the world looks like from contrasting individual perspectives. Understanding the world through the lens of someone considered insane is just as fascinating to me as understanding pure logic. The interplay of perception and reality drives me more than perhaps anything else.