• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ male and ENTP female?? Hmm..

A

A_priori

Hello my people!

So anyways, I'm an INFJ male (if you dont already know) and in going out on a bit of a date tomorrow with an ENTP female. I was wondering if you guys have any advice For me or if anyone here has any experience with ENTPs? From what I understand, Socionics says that we are likely an asymmetrical match. I wonder though if we may be a good match considering she has NE as a base function and I have NI as a demonstrative function.

Hmm, I dated an ESTP for quite a while and we were definitely not a great match, even though we did balance eachother out in a few ways, i found her to be overly extraverted and lacking in the feeling departmet.

Anyways, I know that everyone is differnt and you can't nessasary judge them by there MBTI type but some tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
A

A_priori

So things actually went really well. The one thing I am starting to really realize is how tiring it is for me to socialize. I really dislike having to build new relations. Ideally I would love to go out on a date where we both sit there and stare out at nature, quitley understanding that words are just extra work lol. I realize that this sounds silly but i probably prefer talking over email or text rather than face to face.

It seems like we have really good chemistry though and I get the sense that she's slightly more enmeshed in me, which makes it really tough to tell what she is really like. I guess you could say She's quite perceptive and is able to pick up on inconsistencies really well. It's so early to tell but i can definitely see chemistry there, as she has been through a hell of a lot and is super mature. As an INFJ I find myself naturaly gravitating towards her settled lifestyle.

I will have to get to know her more but for the most part she seems really sweet :)

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well if it doesn't work out with Miss ENTP, don't forget about us ENFPs. There is the Fi/Te versus Fe/Ti communication obstacle to overcome, but if you can understand where the other side is coming from then this is completely doable. There's also a natural - though perhaps different from ENTP/INFJ - kind of chemistry between INFJs and ENFPs.

Let's put it this way, every INFJ man I've ever met (Admittedly only 3. You guys are so rare) has made me go knobby knocker in the knees within the first 15 minute conversation. I seriously dated one of them and let me tell you... shazaam. That was one hell of a passionate relationship.

INFJ = Ni > Fe > Ti > Se
ENFP = Ne > Fi > Te > Si

I think special chemistry between ENFPs and INFJs has to do with how our functions mirror each other. Note how the capital letters are in the exact same order, but the attitude of the function if reversed. So alike and yet so different all at the same time.

Sorry to derail the thread, I just had to share that while it was on my mind. :smile:

Back to the question at hand:

INFJ = Ni > Fe > Ti > Se
ENTP = Ne > Ti > Fe > Si

Note how INFJs and ENTPs both have dominant intuition. In other words, in many ways they speak the same language. More importantly, they have the same axillary and tertiary functions though the order is flipped.

Since you only have 42 posts I'm assuming you're new to the forum. If so, you many not have picked up on all the communication / value differences between Fe/Ti users (which includes both INFJs and ENTPs) and Fi/Te users (which include ENFPs among others). These can create misunderstandings so it's always nice to date someone who shares F and T functions with you... but certainly not required.

A

A_priori

Well if it doesn't work out with Miss ENTP, don't forget about us ENFPs. There is the Fi/Te versus Fe/Ti communication obstacle to overcome, but if you can understand where the other side is coming from then this is completely doable. There's also a natural - though perhaps different from ENTP/INFJ - kind of chemistry between INFJs and ENFPs.

Let's put it this way, every INFJ man I've ever met (Admittedly only 3. You guys are so rare) has made me go knobby knocker in the knees within the first 15 minute conversation. I seriously dated one of them and let me tell you... shazaam. That was one hell of a passionate relationship.

INFJ = Ni > Fe > Ti > Se
ENFP = Ne > Fi > Te > Si

I think special chemistry between ENFPs and INFJs has to do with how our functions mirror each other. Note how the capital letters are in the exact same order, but the attitude of the function if reversed. So alike and yet so different all at the same time.

Sorry to derail the thread, I just had to share that while it was on my mind. :smile:

Back to the question at hand:

INFJ = Ni > Fe > Ti > Se
ENTP = Ne > Ti > Fe > Si

Note how INFJs and ENTPs both have dominant intuition. In other words, in many ways they speak the same language. More importantly, they have the same axillary and tertiary functions though the order is flipped.

Since you only have 42 posts I'm assuming you're new to the forum. If so, you many not have picked up on all the communication / value differences between Fe/Ti users (which includes both INFJs and ENTPs) and Fi/Te users (which include ENFPs among others). These can create misunderstandings so it's always nice to date someone who shares F and T functions with you... but certainly not required.

This is really insightful information as I'm just starring to become more advanced at how the MBTI and Socionics work. I could definitely see how an ENFP would be a fantastic match as well. Up until about a year ago I was dating an ESTP and she seems like she could be similar in a small way to the ENTP girl, but yet quite different. Off the top of my head I believe the ESTP is SE>TI>FE>NI, I think the only reason the relationship lasted as long as it did was because I have a very hard time leaving a bad relationship, which I understand holds true to INFJs. I felt like she was more the male and I was more the female if that makes sense. Not that I am feminine really, it's just that I use FE where she would use TI. I also found she lived way to much for the moment and most of her enjoyment came from being around others and living life in the fast lane.

This new girl seems a lot more wise and is more open to talking about things in depth. We seem to have a lot more correlating Intrests and commonalities.

Truthfully though, there is also another girl in the picture that likes me a lot, but I work with her and I think that if you piss in your pants you can only stay warm for so long. The other girl is an ESFJ and I think she could be potentialy an amazing match. She is very organized and is more feminine than the ENTP, but the ENTP is really good balance in other areas. As long as the ENTP makes good use of her base as suggestive functions I think it should be a good match.

I'm really actually torn right now as this is all happening so fast and I'm not the kind of guy who plays with a girls heart. I like being in a relationship where there is nothing but honesty and integrity.

Actually, if I put the cards right out on the table I would almost think the ENFJ could be the better match but I am really drawn to the ENTP in a strange way. I'm genuinely confused right now and don't want to hurt either of them.

A

A_priori

So I found out that the second girl that likes me is an ENTJ. This is what her results were after taking the test 70%E>25%N>1%T>1%J.. She seems very good at being around people and loves to be engaged in social activities. I would have pegged her for an FE type but I guess not. It's really tough to try and type cast I find, people are far to complicated and in many ways demonstrate quite a few different functions. It's strange that she is ENTJ because she doesn't excatly come across as one.

I think she would be a really good match but I think eventually she would come to find me as boaring, and eventiaaly I would tire trying to conform to her Extraverted Intrests. I don't know though, what do you guys think about the chemistry between an ENTJ and an INFJ?

btw sorry I know I'm off topic a bit but soon to straighten out.