• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] XNFPs and Getting Dressed

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I suck at fashion. I buy clothes and hate them and wear the same 2 or 3 shirts all the time.

As I have been getting into better shape I am getting more interested in clothing but still the whole process seems like a nuisance.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My dressing process is as follows:

*picks up some clothes off the floor*

"Hmmm, haven't worn this in a few days"

*briefly examines it*

"Seems clean enough"

*throws clothes on and barely glances in the mirror on the way out*

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
My dressing process is as follows:

*picks up some clothes off the floor*

"Hmmm, haven't worn this in a few days"

*briefly examines it*

"Seems clean enough"

*throws clothes on and barely glances in the mirror on the way out*

you forgot the sniff test

*smells clothing*

yup that smells fine

*wears*

CreativeCait

MBTI Type
PING
i like wearable works of art. the stuff i love is both timeless and avant-garde...
i will do vintage couture occasionally if it's pristine
i dress to please myself as i view my body as a canvas in motion.

Wow, this sounds amazing. Have you shared any of your outfits on Type C? I'd love to see some :) I love the body as a canvas in motion idea <3

I love wearing victorian dresses, styling my hair into dramatic styles. I also love eyepatches and goggles! So much awesone stuff!

I would very much like to see how one accessorieses goggles!!

I seem to be internal even for an INFP. Most INFPs I've known have very distinct styles. I didn't even decorate my bedroom. :thinking:

Maybe it's an enneagram thing.

What is your enneagram?

you forgot the sniff test

*smells clothing*

yup that smells fine

*wears*

Yes! The sniff test is a must :newwink:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have two modes:

Either I get up that morning and resent the fact that I have to get dressed at all and therefore toss on some clothes that are lying about and, as Nij said, pass the sniff test. That is, if I even bother to get dressed (I work from home these days anyways). I have long flowy comfy house dresses (think medieval, gypsy and the like) that I just throw on for easy dressing.

OR

I do like AgentF and go wearable art. I suddenly get drawn into the whole matching and mixing thing, and I can especially waste hours on playing with make-up to get a subtle effect I like. Unfortunately, I get so captivated by it that I lose like half a day of work easily as I can really just enjoy changing little nuances to compare them, back and forth :doh:

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same here, I tend to wear the same outfits over and over and am trying desperately to get myself to accessorize.
It takes me about 2 minutes to get dressed! :D

I make a lot of my clothes, either skirts with short sleeved knit tops or knit dresses in a print.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
My current style could best be characterised as "lazily nondescript". "Functional, barely" works too.

I pretty much stopped buying casual clothing 10 years ago, and am down to wearing the gear that hasn't worn out yet because I didn't ever like it enough to wear it.

Do we need to go shopping more?

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=12102]AgentF[/MENTION] - Your wearable art wardrobe is my ideal, right down to the French tailor.

I've got the worst of both INFP and ENFP worlds...I take forever to get dressed and once I finally do, my outfit is usually a little left of center. It's mostly because I have stupid intense feelings about colors and which ones go with which, and the world at large doesn't really agree with me :shrug:. It's gotten a bit better since I dated a guy who told me he would be more comfortable if I "dressed normal." We broke up (naturally, who wants to date someone who tells them what to wear), but it stuck with me.

Now I'm quite a lot better at looking technically stylish, but I still prefer bright colors and bold prints (and lots of em). Designers like Matthew Williamson and Alexander McQueen (that was) do it for me.

Chromia

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love the wearable art idea. Perfect words for what I was trying to say. Simply beautiful.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My clothes are really plain. Semi want to change that, but I get soooo distracted on shopping trips. I take a lot of time getting ready, but over half of that is stopping to do other stuff.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ok, this thread is making me doubt my INFP-ness :tongue:

I'm not a fashionista by any means, but I enjoy being snappily dressed and having the ability to choose to wear what I like to wear. In my job, the dress code is long-sleeved shirt but there are lots of colours to choose from! And yeah, being 4w5, my colour choices can sometimes be out there, i.e I don't shy away from pastel/bright colours.

And I like choices and hate wearing the same thing repeatedly, so my wardrobe allows me to wear a different shirt every working day of the month if I so choose. However, I do have personal favourites that I wear more often based on my mood. That's the other part of it. I tend to choose what to wear based on my mood and also what mood I want to project. If I have a presentation to make for example, I'd avoid 'negative' colours such as red or black, and wear green (for Go!). I also choose what I will wear to work on the evening before, so not much of standing in front of the wardrobe and deciding at the last minute what to wear.

Should I hand in my INFP identity card now? :D

Burger King

I used to be so fickle with what I wear. These days I don't care so much or at least I try not to care.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i get dressed very quickly. i don't really
put more thought into it than i have to.
i find it easy to pull an outfit together.

i think that style has to have a fair amount
of "ease" in it, something that is organic...
mixed into it. or else it's like when you see
people that try so desperately hard to be
fashionable, and they just end up having the
clothes wear them...tacky...like new money
in a branded store. very funny.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
on the rare occasion that i dress up it takes me forever and i'll change my clothes like 5 times before i finally find something i like. but 99% of the time i just wear jeans and whatever shirt looks clean.

This lol

And I put extreme emphasis on that 99.9%. I don't even give a fuck of how I'm dressed when I'm performing in concerts or presenting in front of people. Only maybe if I'm meeting someone famous will I coordinate my clothes.

I have about 6 shirts I wear, I usually only know where 3 of them are at any given time, and I pick them not based on fashion but on 1.) if they look like they've got dog hair on the inside that would make them itchy and 2.) if they smell.

The only actual fashion decision I make is "I can only find gray pants and this shirt is gray... I should probably find another color of either."

And even then... it's tough getting myself moving to do that, because I've got a shirt and I've got pants, so who really cares?

But people do apparently so I haven't done that in like a year lol

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG no. The xNFPs I know irl are NOT snappy dressers at all...even the 4s. This is not to say that it isn't possible or anything...but I dress terribly and yah...it's my experience that the xNPFs I know in real life don't care for much more than comfort. Now the ISFPs & ESFPs I know...that's a whole different story!!!

so this is why you think I'm ISFP
@OT: yes, that definitely looks like me! :D

Edit: reading through this thread, my 3w4 fix is SOOO obvious :laugh:

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really care what I'm wearing as long as it's clean and it fits. Mostly a jeans and t-shirt/tank top sort of girl. I don't really like drawing attention to myself.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
It depends on how much I care that day, or where I'm going.

If I'm going to a big social/formal event, I'l take longer to get ready.

If I'm just going out, to say, hang out with friends or something simple, I just throw on comfy clothes and don't really care what I look like.

boughtmeawalkman

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I love the ENFP pic <3

I do take a while because I procrastinate a lot, but I'm not a fancy dresser. 0_o These days I like to wear sweaters, blue jeans, moccasins, medium-sized hoop earrings, and a locket. I tend to go towards a bookish/casual look. It seems to be the most comfortable.