• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How do NFs view INTJs?

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
I admire them for being effective in the "fighting fair" ways of competence, intelligence, hard work and problem-solving skills. I also see them as tragic figures, in a way. Why? Because they are too often misunderstood and punished for their strengths when they should be rewarded instead. I think it is a hard thing to be in this world, a person who is both a strong person and a good person. Many weak people use their weakness to get power. An INTJ is constitutionally unable to do this. Many strong people are "players" who don't mind getting ahead without earning. They don't compete fairly on the basis of their merit. They use political cunning, deceit, any and every trick but hard work and competence. The person who is simultaneously strong and good is the person who is destined to be used - but not just used - often used without being respected. That is a tragedy. INTJs may be strong characters but they are also in need of protection.

Maybe I'm biased, since I'm married to an INTJ. Maybe all INTJs aren't like him. Maybe there are some INTJs who play the game without honor. He's actually the only one I know IRL.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
My older brother is an INTJ. Very cool level headed and smart guy and very appropriate and polite, we get along very well and what I like about him is that unlike my ENFJ brother, who is the one just youger than him but older than me, he does not climb up my ass trying to give me advice. My favorite thing about him is when we sit there and go off to into the theoretical realm and talk for hours about crazy ass theoretical ideas that never lead anywhere.

This personal experience contrasts heaviely with the stuff I read from the people on INTJforums.com most of those guys probably have some serious mental issues and/or emotional problems. I do not get along well with people that would behave the way they talk on the forums, luckily for us, those types of INTJ's probably feel cast out from society and only live on the net. I can go into more detail on my perception of those guys or my description of my relationship with my brother if you are interested.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ENFP sister has a new crush. Brit actor, Laurence Fox. He's so xNTJ it's painful. And awesome. I wish she were dating him because I like having xNTJs around. We dig.

Further more, "Sheldon" from Big Bang Theory. She has a jones for him too.

Brutus01

MBTI Type
INFP
one of my best friends is an intj, and he is the strangest person i have ever met, next to me lol. But its why we get along so well, we have the same bizarre sense of humor. As hes the only intj i know i have limited knowledge, but from him I view INTJ's as genuinely great people who are fun to be around once you get to know them.

comicsgurl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I used to date an INTJ. I loved his insights, his abilities to get things done, and his dark mysteriousness. I loved it when his brow furrowed when he was thinking through problems, and I loved how he had all his financial goals planned out through the next decade. I loved how he planned for his corporate meetings, and how he knew to manage meetings. I loved it when he did unexpected things and became surprisingly tender. I loved how he could surprise me with things he saw that I loved, but I didn't see coming. I loved how we connected and "clicked" on a level neither of us had seen before.

BUT.

I didn't like his rudeness, his off-the-cuff remarks, or his chilly demeanor towards my friends and family. I hated that he didn't understand people, and that people weren't always going to respond to him positively; he had a HUGE problem interpreting people's emotional states. I hated how often said the wrong thing at the worst possible time. His timing *sucked.* He could be painfully honest. He also thought himself more mature than he actually was.

What ultimately ended our relationship was a personal issue on his end, and we had the biggest fight an NT/NF could possibly have. But taking the good with the bad, I like INTJ thinkers and I like INTJs when they are mature enough to allow the feeling processes every once in a whle. I like them as a whole, and I'd date one again, and/or marry one someday.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps I should return the favor in the rationale?

Do not be fooled by the friendly exterior! INFJs are the most calculating, dubious types out there...

shh

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
INTJs can have one large problem and that is that they can't do what they want and be fully social.
This is becuse all that abstract knowledge is moving them further and further from social mainstream.
In case that they want to be more social they will have to be less abstract.
Some INTJs think that beign less abstract in life is actually a bad thing because that can mean you didn't develop your personality in the best way.

What I am saying is that they need a lot of time to think about things. Because that is the only way to see the big picture for what it really is.

Noitartst

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like them, and enjoy their occasionally empathy and advice, and the unusual but sweet way they have of expressing concern. Well, at least I appreciate them as long as they're not acting like rigid, psuedo-logical, bitter, vengeful distortions of INFP's. An unfortunate number of them seem to do so. I guess it happens if they let their Fi corrupt their Te too far.

I think I've been there, but am hopefully coming out of it.

Noitartst

MBTI Type
INTJ
Nevermind what I said before -- I think I know what you're talking about now (it took me a while, but think I got it)

The issue is that INTJs believe they are malleable. It may have been a satirical remark that "INTJs see life as a problem to be solved," but it's true. Even the healthy ones, what they tend to believe is that they're up to a challenge, that they see two things react (themselves against custom), they don't see themselves as flawed, what they see is simply breakdown, and that something's got to give. Once you've got an INTJ believing that they're inherently flawed then you've probably got a pretty depressed INTJ on your hands.

Exactly! That's what I'm dealing with. Oh, well, when I start to enjoy agruing in and of itself again, I'll be fine, or so I tell myself. Sans the will to fight, an INTJ is nothing.

S

Sniffles

It may have been a satirical remark that "INTJs see life as a problem to be solved," but it's true. Even the healthy ones, what they tend to believe is that they're up to a challenge, that they see two things react (themselves against custom), they don't see themselves as flawed, what they see is simply breakdown, and that something's got to give. Once you've got an INTJ believing that they're inherently flawed then you've probably got a pretty depressed INTJ on your hands.

Yes I find that to be one of the traits of INTJs I can't stand, this whole approach to life as a problem. Rather, I tend to see life as a mystery and celebrate it as such.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
This personal experience contrasts heaviely with the stuff I read from the people on INTJforums.com most of those guys probably have some serious mental issues and/or emotional problems. I do not get along well with people that would behave the way they talk on the forums, luckily for us, those types of INTJ's probably feel cast out from society and only live on the net. I can go into more detail on my perception of those guys or my description of my relationship with my brother if you are interested.

Please do.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
There exists a fair sum of you guys whom I happen to find obnoxious and borderline intolerable, primarily because this particular type of INTJ is, sadly, not nearly as intelligent as he seems to think he is.

I also find myself feeling incredibly confused and disconcerted by religious INTJ's.

I love, love, love the INTJ's who actually are intelligent and who are *receptive* to utilizing the benefits of social/intellectual exchange.

Oh, those of you who are bitter, no thanks, you reek of your inherent bitterness and feelings of disdain.

I tend to appreciate female INTJ's more than I do male ones.

Oh, the whole "evil" facade thing is pretty lame. The more "evil" you claim yourselves to be, the more puppykitty juice is in fact flowing through your veins. ;)

You guys give good debate. (sometimes)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Silently Honest said:
Meh, they're okay.

:huh:... just okay? :cry:

Brendan said:
INTJ's are awesome.

:wub: *melts*

Peguy said:
Yes I find that to be one of the traits of INTJs I can't stand, this whole approach to life as a problem. Rather, I tend to see life as a mystery and celebrate it as such.

I prefer to look at life as a wonderful mystery to be celebrated... and solved ;)

CaptainChick said:
There exists a fair sum of you guys whom I happen to find obnoxious and borderline intolerable, primarily because this particular type of INTJ is, sadly, not nearly as intelligent as he seems to think he is.

IQ without EQ is overrated. Sadly developing emotional maturity and keeping an open mind can be seen as a weakness by some.

I also find myself feeling incredibly confused and disconcerted by religious INTJ's.

Religion is a dangerous topic, when you’re dealing with ‘faith’ vs ‘science’ some INTJ’s can face a dilemma, we want to logically understand something but belief through faith by its very definition cannot be logic *head explodes*

Oh, those of you who are bitter, no thanks, you reek of your inherent bitterness and feelings of disdain.

Regardless of type bitterness is unattractive.

I tend to appreciate female INTJ's more than I do male ones.

Strange, intriguing... why?

Oh, the whole "evil" facade thing is pretty lame. The more "evil" you claim yourselves to be, the more puppykitty juice is in fact flowing through your veins.

Yeah, but damn it’s fun! When I see the unnecessary fear in other people’s eyes it both surprises and amuses me, I got lots of puppykitteh juice in my veins but dang if others aren’t scared of me because of That Look combined with the I'm-living-in-a-bubble silence. It’s exceptionally amusing (sometimes it concerns me though).

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I prefer to look at life as a wonderful mystery to be celebrated... and solved ;)
:wubbie:

IQ without EQ is overrated. Sadly developing emotional maturity and keeping an open mind can be seen as a weakness by some.
Sad and ironic for them, of course, for they're the ones who could stand to benefit the most from utilizing both.

Religion is a dangerous topic, when you’re dealing with ‘faith’ vs ‘science’ some INTJ’s can face a dilemma, we want to logically understand something but belief through faith by its very definition cannot be logic *head explodes*
:wubbie:

Regardless of type bitterness is unattractive.
Word.

Strange, intriguing... why?
I don't know, you guys lack the catty c_ntesque qualities that many other females unfortunately have.

Plus, you NT wimmens, you are extraordinary creatures. You guys keep it real and I :heart: that.

Yeah, but damn it’s fun! When I see the unnecessary fear in other people’s eyes it both surprises and amuses me, I got lots of puppykitteh juice in my veins but dang if others aren’t scared of me because of That Look combined with the I'm-living-in-a-bubble silence. It’s exceptionally amusing (sometimes it concerns me though).
Lol, I ain't fooled nor scerred by this guise.

My sister happens to put the T in inTimidating but she's got her soft spots, as do you and every other one of you "cold" and "aloof" NT's do.

It is oh-so fun to make you guys "crack", so to speak.

And once I do crack your codes, your bunnypuppykitteh juice comes a pourin' tumblin' forth.

:yes:

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I like INTJs. I admire their honesty.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Practically speaking, I find INTJs are very useful, dependable people to have around and on your side. :)

How do I view them emotionally? Well, they are by turns mystifying, fascinating, distressing, infuriating, relaxing, and (at times) surprisingly touching and understanding.

Mostly, I think they are adorable. :wubbie: