• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Can you relate to or identify with me?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Just curious if any members here (who are familiar with me) can relate to me since this is the main reason I joined the forum to begin with. I know at least one person here does. ;)

Edit: If you have no idea who I am, it's likely that I don't know who you are so it would be a waste of time for you to respond if you know what I mean.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Okay so that would be a no for you. ;P

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I can relate to you...but that might not be a good sign.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Just curious if any members here relate to me since this is the main reason I joined the forum to begin with. I know at least one person here does. ;)

Do you mean partially, or totally?

If you mean totally, I'd say no. But there are definitely things about you I can relate to. For instance, I myself had often thought of your old signature (the one from "Idiocracy"), and agreed with the idea expressed in it. ;) I also sort of relate to the unusual, ironic way you make jokes and connections, although you express some of the ones I wouldn't, and seem to have more experiences to draw from in making them. Finally, you seem to share my tendency to switch between a sarcastic/dismissive attitude, an accusatory/defensive/dramatic attitude, and an "I see what we're all supposed to be working towards and I'm frustrated with our lack of progress" attitude. We can both be very critical of others according to our own standards.

There are, of course, also ways you differ from me. Mainly that you seem more confident, less careful, and have stronger feelings. You're also a bit more jaded and indulgent in some ways. There's also this sort of blunted, quirky tinge to your personality that makes you tend to seem a bit more "in-your-face" than I am at times.

So, what do you think?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know you, but you obviously have a lot of posts -- making you a 'reg' of some sort.

I never got the being able to identify with people... if I can, so what? If I can't what's it matter? Differences are more entrancing than similarities.

So, who are you? Why do you seek to be identified with?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Do you mean partially, or totally?
Oh I dunno, I guess either or both.
If you mean totally, I'd say no. But there are definitely things about you I can relate to. For instance, I myself had often thought of your old signature (the one from "Idiocracy"), and agreed with the idea expressed in it. ;)
Thanks. That's a great movie btw.
I also sort of relate to the unusual, ironic way you make jokes and connections, although you express some of the ones I wouldn't, and seem to have more experiences to draw from in making them. Finally, you seem to share my tendency to switch between a sarcastic/dismissive attitude, an accusatory/defensive/dramatic attitude, and an "I see what we're all supposed to be working towards and I'm frustrated with our lack of progress" attitude. We can both be very critical of others according to our own standards.
People more often times than not really annoy me. Is how you feel?
There are, of course, also ways you differ from me. Mainly that you seem more confident, less careful, and have stronger feelings. You're also a bit more jaded and indulgent in some ways. There's also this sort of blunted, quirky tinge to your personality that makes you tend to seem a bit more "in-your-face" than I am at times.
By jaded do you mean I am lazy in my posting responses? If so that would be because I am usually running out (errands and such) and honestly am too busy to spend too much time on here and/or I don't care. Indulgent? Not sure what you mean there. Other than sure I think we share certain attitude about some things.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I don't know you, but you obviously have a lot of posts -- making you a 'reg' of some sort.

I never got the being able to identify with people... if I can, so what? If I can't what's it matter? Differences are more entrancing than similarities.

So, who are you? Why do you seek to be identified with?
I understand your response and honestly I have felt misunderstood my entire life so far so I thought I'd reach out to a forum full of strangers. :laugh: I would say there are a few people who really get me, one is my INTJ husband who had a similar response to yours which made me :D.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
People more often times than not really annoy me. Is how you feel?

Well, most people. There are some that I really like.
By jaded do you mean I am lazy in my posting responses? If so that would be because I am usually running out (errands and such) and honestly am too busy to spend too much time on here and/or I don't care.

Oh, not at all. I meant that you seem somewhat less grudgingly tolerant and accepting of the way everything is than I am, even though you don't like it or think it's harmful in the long run. "Jaded" by INFJ standards is very different than what it would normally mean. ;)
Indulgent? Not sure what you mean there. Other than sure I think we share certain attitude about some things.

Actually, neither am I. You just seem a bit more likely to give in your first impulse about something rather than overanalyze things like I tend to do at times. This makes you seem indulgent to me. Probably more a reflection of me tending to be too pedantic and uptight than you really being indulgent, although technically it could mean that you are indulgent relative to me.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
PFO2776.jpg

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

If I interpret correctly, this image indictates the idiom "two peas in a pod," which implies two people are very similar to one another in disposition. However, it is not clear to which two people you refer.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I just participate in different threads than you, because I never see you posting in the threads I post in, and at least since I've joined, I haven't noticed you posting in the NF forum - at least nothing really substantial where I get to feel like I 'know' you. So I have no idea whether I can relate/identify with you! (Do you even want to be associated with INF's? ;-)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I interpret correctly, this image indictates the idiom "two peas in a pod," which implies two people are very similar to one another in disposition. However, it is not clear to which two people you refer.

I think she meant these two:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^How old are you? :huh:

At least as old as me. ;P

Hotherym

MBTI Type
INFU
Maybe I do. But then, I know no one who relates to me, so possibly not.

Who are you?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Identify meaning what?

I can understand the motivation behind all your actions. I get you 100%, or at least, I can say I've never not understood where you were coming from. That doesn't mean I agree with everything you say or would want to be like you in every way. You seem to kinda float in between this super-extroverted needy, scattered person (that I get annoyed by) and a more reflective, cynical, caustic character (that I align with much more).

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
You were very concerned about Pink and tried your best to help her. You have an FJ heart that resonates with me. You also adore Cafe. I can relate to you in those ways as well as some others that would be hard to put into words.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Identify meaning what?

I can understand the motivation behind all your actions. I get you 100%, or at least, I can say I've never not understood where you were coming from. That doesn't mean I agree with everything you say or would want to be like you in every way. You seem to kinda float in between this super-extroverted needy, scattered person (that I get annoyed by) and a more reflective, cynical, caustic character (that I align with much more).
Based on your assessment of me, I'd say your intuition isn't working very well. Your responses lead me to believe that you're easily annoyed and I've witnessed you react irrationally at times which is why I am not so sure you're an archetypal INTP. Bear in mind it would be impossible to accurately analyze you based on your typed words. :)

You were very concerned about Pink and tried your best to help her. You have an FJ heart that resonates with me. You also adore Cafe. I can relate to you in those ways as well as some others thatwould be hard to put into words.