• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's, what do you think of your personality?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
This is inspired by TheBeatGoesOn's post about ISTJ's.

INFP's (hell, NF's in general, but specify your type), what do you think of your personality, what do you like and dislike about yourself/your general type?

heart

heart on fire
My power, my pleasure, my pain. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Complex, abstract, emotional pain is not easy to resolve, and that can often be the world of the iNtuitive Feeler. Such pain is not subject to the external measurement of logic or anything concrete and observable. It is internalized perceptions of the external world and its meaning. When it is distorted by a subjective lens it can burn the soul. Becoming trapped by it is like fighting an assailant you cannot see.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I hate how every little problem stands in line to speak to the almighty wizard of my heart.
Nothing can ever pass without being reflected upon, therefore nothing can ever be done.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I like about being an NF are those moments of clarity when I have achieved enough empathy to be able to draw correct conclusions and actually see the world from a fresh perspective. Also, when understanding comes together on multiple levels in a creative expression that really works. Even though there is some logic involved in that process, it is that intangible quality of communicating a piece of human experience that cannot be completely analyzed or defined.

wtf88

What I like about being an NF are those moments of clarity when I have achieved enough empathy to be able to draw correct conclusions and actually see the world from a fresh perspective. Also, when understanding comes together on multiple levels in a creative expression that really works. Even though there is some logic involved in that process, it is that intangible quality of communicating a piece of human experience that cannot be completely analyzed or defined.

You took the words right out of me. Anyway, annoying bit about my personality is that I procrastinate and is indecisive(Relates to my P element). This is so because most of the time i want to make sure that people around me who are affected by my decision feels comfortable as well. So usually i let them decide for me how they want things to go and I'd be comfortable with it most of the time.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
What do I think of being INFP? I've often wished I was more outgoing, more practical, more logical, and more decisive.

I'm learning to make peace with who I am.

heart

heart on fire
I hate how every little problem stands in line to speak to the almighty wizard of my heart.
Nothing can ever pass without being reflected upon, therefore nothing can ever be done.

Perfect description.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Summarized... I love it.

Though I don't always particularly love the "can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings" thing.

halfaninstant

MBTI Type
INFP

That's how i feel. Added to that, being able to draw correct conclusions about why the people around me are unhappy or distressed, so that i could be there for them.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I love the way empathy feels like a hook going right through my heart and pulling me towards sudden understanding :) and I love the way I can daydream endlessly when I have nothing better to do :)

Alesia

MBTI Type
INFP
I love how sensitive I am. I also hate how sensitive I am. A perfect example of the INFP ability to see both sides of the coin at the same time, and understand and appreciate both. I love that.:D

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
To be honest, I think it's a bit of a shitty joke to play on any male, let alone an Australian one. If there's a Man Upstairs, when I die, me and him are going to have serious words.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
For a while it's kind of been a love/hate relationship with myself. Maybe I'm just being a moody teenager though :) I can accept my personality for what it is, and I can accept myself for who I am, but sometimes it's confusing. My personality... or my mood, or my thoughts, whatever it is... is everchanging. I think in the whole I like my personality, but it's dealing with other personalities that can get to me. Afterall, an INFP is just about the exact opposite of an ESTJ, society's majority. I know I have certain gifts in certain areas, but sometimes if they don't feel appreciated, I kind of resent who I am. Heh. Sometimes I'm totally in love with myself though.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Mixed feelings.

Positive:

- I understand people
- I am very reflective and analytical
- Empathy
- I know myself
- People like me, because I'm nice. (I can't stand being disliked)
- Want to improve, and know how to

Negative:

- I see 89 000 sides of a coin. Depressive at times (existential thoughts)
- Can't stand criticism
- Procrastination
- Obsessed with knowing what people think of me (so I know what/how to improve)

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
To be honest, I think it's a bit of a shitty joke to play on any male, let alone an Australian one. If there's a Man Upstairs, when I die, me and him are going to have serious words.
Hmmm, this is particularly interesting. I was thinking about this myself recently, although I disagree with you. I think men with strong feeling functions develop their own sort of alternative sense of masculinity. I guess some men, especially with feminism influencing many things in our world, who have strong feeling functions and emotions may turn into what Govoner Arnold would call "girly men" (just as some thinking women become tom boys). This is a cruel joke, indeed :laugh:. But I think it can lead to a different sense of masculinity, too, the one based on strong passion for everything and turning it into action and incredible strength (mental, not physical). As Pink said in one of the threads in the Relationships section, many INFP males are both tough as nails and extremely emotionally sensitive, and I think this is the kind of masculinity that occurs in INFP's and other NF men. The tough as nails part is the passion and the stubborness and solidity that comes from well developed and nourished Fi values and beleifs/motivations with Ne backing it up, while the emotional sensitivity comes from the raw emotion and sensitivity to pain and joy that comes with Fi.

To make a long story short, rather than being rational, direct, assertive, action oriented, and emotionally detachted male stereotype (which is generally ESTJ, ESTP, or ENTJ or some kind of hybrid), INFP men use their emotions and values to become strong and passionate, highly motivated and uncompromising with the strong will to make a lot happen that they find important and the will and need to protect and help people in need.

But I'm not really old enough to truely be a "man" yet, so maybe I'm way off :whistling:

INFP
pros:
-passionate (i.e. capable of intense emotions (both positive and negative) and just intensity in general)
-determined/hard working (when working with valued things)
-Reflective
-Very creative
-Extremely wide view of things (like being able to see things from multiple angles)
-Independance from what other people think of me (due to Fi)
-Ability to make people feel wanted or needed when they are down (even if I fail sometimes at cheering people up I feel thankful I have the need and instinct to help people)
-Flawed (odd as it is, I greatly appreciate the fact that I am flawed and unperfect in many ways. I think I'd be absolutely miserable and quite depressed if I was under the impression I was perfect)
-Capable of both bizarre and obscenely irellevant playful thoughts and suprisingly deep thoughts
-Thirsty for knowledge and a greater understanding of the world (but always in a sort of beautiful way, the same way you appreciate the way a sunset can make you feel or the way a great work of art is done)

Cons:
-Procrastinating and lazy when it comes to things that are not valued
-Wide perspective can cause indecisiveness
-Take things too personally sometimes when they shouldn't be at all
-Thoughts can become stupid, hazy, confused, muddy, paranoid and decieving but present themselves as intelligent or deep/important. This one really screws with you. It's a real bitch! My blog probably has some stuff like that :laugh:
-Although I said in pros that I feel independant from people's opinions of me, I also believe it is impossible in human nature to be 100% immune to what other people think (mostly what people you consider your friends think), so while I am perhaps 99% immune to other people's opinions, sometimes what people I value say about me that is negative can take a serious toll in very subtle and mysterious ways. This is related to taking things too personally. I'm very strange and eccentric and my friends rarely see the very serious and thought provoking/emotional person I am inside and say I'm insane, which has subtly leaked into my own sense of self assuredness I build on my own values. The point is, I suppose, that I often can't relate to people on a non-healer or casual friend level and it can lead to the paradox and complex of feeling both entirely confident and self assured in who you are and how you're mind works while being surrounded by people who seem self assured you are insane. I call it the Don Quixote paradox, of course :p
-Emotions can become overwhelming at times. Usually emotions are good... even negative emotions are a form of emotional stimulation, but once they become too strong it is hell.... but the positive ones become heaven!
-Anti-social (both in terms of not being social and in terms of breaking social rules)
-Impractical
-Unorganized, or at least, organized differently from others.
-When I do get talking, I often begin to ramble because my brain isn't really wired to effectively commincate with other people, so I just say whatever pops into my head if I'm in "talking mode"

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Being an INFP male is much like a process.
A process of turning lemons into lemonade.

With your skin off.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A snowflake that never quite falls to the ground just floats in the clouds.

Its annoying, I'd much rather have a glow in the dark heart, I'd cope better with life.