• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's, what do you think of your personality?

burkeus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
perfectly what you've been saying, and i do feel the SAME things with what you've just said! :)
I used to think that i was all ALONE here in this damn-"get going" world.. but thanks god i've found this thing called MBTI. to find a similar like-minded INFPs, is really like finding my own brother or sister! :)

Or auxillary ego.

Fairymouse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5W4
I'm sorry but I mostly hate being an INFP. I am continually frustrated by not fitting in to my type or my career. Bah humbug.

I always test as INFP but really do not feel like I fit into the description. I'm not a counselling type, I don't want to help people. I am pretty artsy though.

On the enneagram I test as a 5W4 so I sometimes think I'm more T than F.

My partner however is an INFP guy who is very at home in his skin. He's a counsellor. Loves it.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i love
-my laid back style
-that i generally gain full understanding of things i am interested in [and can totally own conversation if the topic comes up]
-im mysterious and unpredictable
-i do what i want without fear of rejection by general public
-natural ability to charm
-free will
-free spirit
-open heart
-closed mind
-warmness to friends and loved ones
-compassion
-passionate about things i do
-ability to manipulate through 'puppy eyes' [although its terrible and low, its a natural ability ive been taught to love. its like a superhero with x-ray vision]

i dislike
-my awkward as eff social interactions
-my lonliness
-the way i dont go after what i want
-the way i can strongly dislike myself
-the way i can manipulate via charm or puppy eyes
-my 'too pure' nature
-i cant get across any feelings unless someone asks me how i feel about something
-lack of motivation
-lack of commitment
-lack of follow-through

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
My Likes:

1. Everyone loves me
2. I really can uderstand where you are coming from
3. I can tell if I am going to like you or not in the first 30 seconds
4. I can see how something is going to unfold before it happens
5. I get along with everyone.

My Dislikes:

1. I over complacate every thing
2. I cant make decisions, no matter how small
3. I feel like I have to make everyone feel good and happy
4. I dont like talking to people because I am afraid that we will have a conflict
5. I am afraid that my boyfriend will be the only one who understands me

All in all most of the things I like/dislike can swap due to the situation I am in. when I was alone I felt that I was broken, a puppet with out strings, but that changed when I met my significant other.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate that the things that I'm good at, and my strengths, don't really seem to be useful. I'm graduating in July and I'm worried that the real world will squash me like a bug. I also hate that this same quality makes me feel like I need to rely on other people to make up for it. I like being the helper, but I don't like to be helped.

Actually, on a related note, I seem to work really well in the 2nd-in-command/advisor/catalyst position. At least as far as family/friend relations go. So, um, how do I translate that into the rest of my life?

I really dislike my introversion at times. People who get to know me like me (well, a few probably think I'm weird), but other than that I'm pretty forgettable. My shyness can also be pretty horrendous. I am so effing awkward.

My N can make it difficult to communicate. I hate that. I like the feeling of understanding and being understood, so it's a difficult place to be in sometimes.

I'm actually okay with my F (it's pretty borderline anyway, and nobody's ever called me illogical) and my P. I can actually organize really well. The only time it gets me is the whole procrastination/indecisiveness thing. Which can suck. But at the same time, I'm extremely flexible, and that's served me very well in the past.

I guess, overall, I'm okay with being an INFP. I have to be. I think all I have to do is figure out how to take the most advantage my INFPness, and then it'll be just peachy.

I feel like I can't comment on INFPs in general, since we're all different. And I don't really know enough of them in real life. I'd just be speculating then.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like my insight and I dislike being lonely.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i love
-my laid back style
-that i generally gain full understanding of things i am interested in [and can totally own conversation if the topic comes up]
-im mysterious and unpredictable
-i do what i want without fear of rejection by general public
-free will
-free spirit
-open heart
-closed mind
-compassion
-passionate about things i do

i dislike
-my awkward as eff social interactions
-my lonliness
-the way i dont go after what i want
-the way i can strongly dislike myself
-my 'too pure' nature
-i cant get across any feelings unless someone asks me how i feel about something
-lack of motivation
-lack of commitment
-lack of follow-through

I can relate to these. :yes:

My list is...

Likes: creativity, imagination, artistic talent, book smarts, eye for aesthetics, some writing talent, ability to take a compassionate angle but never condoning wrong, giving people the benefit of the doubt, being a good listener & a shoulder to cry on, being patient in teaching people, generally easy-going, having passionate feeling, devoted/loyal to those I care about, not afraid to be "different", tendency to champion the underdog, open to new people & new ideas but firm in my core beliefs, strong integrity and moral courage, easily grasping the theoretical/conceptual/abstract, motivated by noble ideals - not money/power, hopeful & trying to see the bright side.

My ability to empathize and find creative/insightful solutions really surprises me also - I don't have to experience something to understand it on some level. I never saw myself as being helpful or caring until I saw myself in the INFP profiles and understood what it means to "heal".

Dislikes: often seem cool/aloof/disinterested, very timid/shy, socially awkward, feeling/being tongue-tied, general passivity (things happen to me, I don't often make them happen), temperamental & high-strung, sometimes a know-it-all, sometimes hold an elitist attitude, sometimes excuse my flaws for making me "unique", critical/perfectionist - nothing lives up to my ideals, can appear inconsistent in how I "react" which makes people walk on eggshells, not nurturing or displaying of warmth in the typical ways, too intense/dark/deep - which makes everyday conversation rough at times, too detached from the moment, unaccepting of reality - may "over-fantasize", terrible about "keeping in touch" with people, extremely self-critical, prone to melancholy & self-isolation, selfish, negative/complaining, and very self-absorbed.

I hate that the things that I'm good at, and my strengths, don't really seem to be useful.

I totally relate to this also. I even feel like my good qualities make me unlikable. My mom told me once, "There are many good things about you; you're smart, pretty and talented", and I thought, those are reasons people hate you :tongue:. Not to mention my smarts are of the bookish and non-practical variety (meaning I fail at business), my creative talent is also hard to translate commercially, and any of my prettiness is definitely of the "offbeat" variety.

Manimal

MBTI Type
INFP
i like my personality and i like being a man but the two together just seems like a cruel joke sometimes.

sleepy

First time I took mbti test I scored infp, and I was like awesome. Then I looked at some more, and was not sure, it was too ideal...took more tests and scored intp. Then I joined some intp board and made a few thousand post and still not sure. So I tried on istp, and, no, not really. These last few weeks I have had isfp, but I dont think it's that either.

If I am infp I guess I dont accept it, on the other hand I wish I was one, just don't think it is true, or any other type(those above) I might be. I've been looking at the exxp types for a while now, so maybe I will try them and see. I seriously doubt I'm E.

Guess I dont mind if I am a bit unsettled, maybe it is because it's fun with change, and I use myself as the lab rat now and then.

lovely empty space

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
What I like, is being able to handle feelings, being able to see all aspects of yourself and finding it hard to deny what you don't like, endless strings of thought that end in "ah ha!", feeling various emotions physically, natural curiosity, not blindly following a certain authority just because they are called an authority.

I dislike my indecisiveness, intense social awkwardness (especially at work), laziness/lack of motivation, inarticulate, too sensitive to criticism, head being clouded by worry, when all I need to do is think for a second and the problem can usually resolve itself, being passive-aggressive versus being assertive, and not being able to think when I'm angry, because my heart is beating super fast, and I can barely remember anything I said, therefore I usually lose the argument.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I like my 'intensely held values' and my deep protectiveness over my friends, family and loved ones, I like to nurture them, but in my own way, not in an ESFJ way, and my creativity and my appreciation of aesthetics and artistic talent and natural beauty, I like my warmth toward children and dogs, I like being a bit of a mental perfectionist, I enjoy my unconventional ways of thinking and feeling, I enjoy my liberal views, and I like analyzing a lot, and I love my intuition and my sarcastic sense of humor.

I dislike my inability to solve simple problems, instead I just dwell in it for a long, long time, too long, I am working on that problem, I dislike being discouraged easily, and I dislike my lack of certainty with logic, though I deem logic superior to emotions, but I can't quite argue with logic, I dislike being an introvert sometimes because many things just sucks the energy out of me.

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
Complex, abstract, emotional pain is not easy to resolve, and that can often be the world of the iNtuitive Feeler. Such pain is not subject to the external measurement of logic or anything concrete and observable. It is internalized perceptions of the external world and its meaning. When it is distorted by a subjective lens it can burn the soul. Becoming trapped by it is like fighting an assailant you cannot see.

So true and well said; it's very difficult at times to pull yourself out of that subjective place.