• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi communication and “evil” TPs

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldnt say evil per se...more like..thorny. Handle with gloves, etc :thinking:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I even intimidate witches. Apparently.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Fi judgments can be neither hateful nor spiteful.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
*sigh*

A person can be hateful or spiteful. People exist as items situated with respect to both the inner and outer words. So questions of motive, responsibility, appropriacy, and adequacy apply to them. Cognitive functions are unlike people in that they are not situated with respect to judgment in any environment other than their own. If they weren't, the notions of objective and subjective wouldn't exist and nor would people. To get to access the normal questions of people and persons by talking about cognitive functions, you have first, at minimum, to present the functions in dynamic opposition and as somehow joined.

Consider, for example, hate and spite don't exist if there is no representation of other people and their position. There is no such judgment as hateful nor spiteful to make of Fi unless, at minimum, Te (or Fe) exists to compare people to people. And even then you need other people to exist first.

Which necessarily presents us with the basic problem for the existence of pure function theory: that no function exists in any complete form, ever. Meaning, however useful function theory is in describing the underlying patterns of a person's cognition, individual cognitive structure always contains something more.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Not anymore. Took me a while to realise what kind of gloves I needed before handling the thorny variety of life, though, Ill admit. I prefer to work without gloves, normally, you see. :wink:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frankly, I don't care if you prefer to "work" without pants.
You don't handle me sweetie. Ever.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

That of course, is entirely your choice. I wasnt going to go out of my way to do that anyways. Though apparently we will bump into one another occasionally here, it seems. I think I will keep my gloves (and my pants) on for those special occasions :laugh:

G

Ginkgo

It does.

Who is this Us? I don't believe I've met that person.

You've never met anyone who finds you ridiculous?
I find that hard to believe...

hmm, I assumed that was an exaggeration. If anyone truly thought someone was "evil" for a bit of sarcasm or direct language, that would be pretty ridiculous, I agree.

Plenty of people on here think I'm evil.
Muhahahaha! Etc.

That depends on what metal bands you listen to.

I wouldnt say evil per se...more like..thorny. Handle with gloves, etc :thinking:

Fi judgments can be neither hateful nor spiteful.

*sigh*

A person can be hateful or spiteful. People exist as items situated with respect to both the inner and outer words. So questions of motive, responsibility, appropriacy, and adequacy apply to them. Cognitive functions are unlike people in that they are not situated with respect to judgment in any environment other than their own. If they weren't, the notions of objective and subjective wouldn't exist and nor would people. To get to access the normal questions of people and persons by talking about cognitive functions, you have first, at minimum, to present the functions in dynamic opposition and as somehow joined.

Consider, for example, hate and spite don't exist if there is no representation of other people and their position. There is no such judgment as hateful nor spiteful to make of Fi unless, at minimum, Te (or Fe) exists to compare people to people. And even then you need other people to exist first.

Which necessarily presents us with the basic problem for the existence of pure function theory: that no function exists in any complete form, ever. Meaning, however useful function theory is in describing the underlying patterns of a person's cognition, individual cognitive structure always contains something more.

Not anymore. Took me a while to realise what kind of gloves I needed before handling the thorny variety of life, though, Ill admit. I prefer to work without gloves, normally, you see. :wink:

That of course, is entirely your choice. I wasnt going to go out of my way to do that anyways. Though apparently we will bump into one another occasionally here, it seems. I think I will keep my gloves (and my pants) on for those special occasion :laugh:

tumblr_lstkdoN0w41qdfjcio1_500.gif