• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's with other types

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm pretty sure that INFJ's and ENFP's are supposed to be the ideal types for each other. That's what I hear a lot. It seems like ENFP's (along with other INFJ's like me) just sort of gravitate towards me. A lot of ENFP's I see seem to love INFJ's, and vice versa. There just seems to be something special between these two types, and I hear a lot of good stories about the two being together. Whenever I see an ENFP, something... goes off in my head.

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm pretty sure that INFJ's and ENFP's are supposed to be the ideal types for each other. That's what I hear a lot. It seems like ENFP's (along with other INFJ's like me) just sort of gravitate towards me. A lot of ENFP's I see seem to love INFJ's, and vice versa. There just seems to be something special between these two types, and I hear a lot of good stories about the two being together. Whenever I see an ENFP, something... goes off in my head.

I agree. Ferris+INFJ's=happy Ferris.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not just you. ENTPs are simply explosive with everything and everyone. Their humour isn't phlegmatic, it's nitroglycerin.

Muahahahhaha...sometimes nitroglycerin can be fun!

I love ENTPs. Love 'em. They are crazy and have a bombastic, nutty sense of humor like I do. They come up with the craziest ideas that makes you want to go :shock: and :hug: and :D all at the same time!

I have a couple of students who I'm sure are ENTPs. One definitely is because he's also interested in MBTI. He's a BLAST!!!! (Therefore, the nitroglycerin - hehehe)

Regarding a partner - hmm, not sure if it would be a great match or not. I had never come across an ENTP in terms of a romantic relationship and I am perfectly happy with my husband, so it is not an issue anymore.

You want to date an ENTP? I can't see why not?! Start off as friends because as friends they are definitely cool beans, and if it develops into something more, Schweeeeet!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Muahahahhaha...sometimes nitroglycerin can be fun!

I love ENTPs. Love 'em. They are crazy and have a bombastic, nutty sense of humor like I do. They come up with the craziest ideas that makes you want to go :shock: and :hug: and :D all at the same time!
. . . .
You want to date an ENTP? I can't see why not?! Start off as friends because as friends they are definitely cool beans, and if it develops into something more, Schweeeeet!

Beware... ENTPs generally have a lot of expectations... they have to get a lot of out a relationship in order to compromise...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ideal types are fine to discuss in theory but once you're met someone don't obsess over their type, rather use the knowledge of MBTI to develop your relationship and connection. obviously INTJs are where it's at though :rolli:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Ideal types are fine to discuss in theory but once you're met someone don't obsess over their type, rather use the knowledge of MBTI to develop your relationship and connection. obviously INTJs are where it's at though :rolli:
I've found it's of great use to discover why I have an intrinsic hatred of someone's fundamental self.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
here's the thing, many people are gonna theorize relationships with MBTI the problem is that the thery could be twisted wither way, and different experts contradict each other. as much as i am an N (my N score's off the charts with my step II test), i think this situation calls for some proper stats and research. here's a good piece on just that:

PersonalityDesk - Resources - Compatibility and Your Myers-Briggs

as ENFP's, we have an advantage in our people skills. NF's typically have a great sense of morality and working towards a relationship. there are some types that i find hard to bond with though. J's are often militant so i have a tough time bonding with them as a P unless they have an F to go along with it. i can get along with S's well enough, though i don't think i could ever date an 'S extremist' especially if they have a T function to go with it (they could continually ridicule me being abstract just because it's 'true'). ESTJ's would be a complete nightmare for me. i'm thinking that ISTJ's could hook me in with their initial shyness but destroy me eventually ;/ . ISTJ's do have a very fun side to them as well though, they just put duty first. that could mean a 9:1 split between restrictive ISTJ and fun ISTJ, and that's no good for me either.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ENFP-INTP. I don't get it either but it seems like a 'natural' pairing from my RL experience. Peanut Butter and Organic Pomegranate Jelly.

INFX-ENFP. Didn't expect it, but yes, also easy chemistry!

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just like to add it seems that for a majority, N's do well with N's, and S's do well with S's.

Trying to find the perfect type is theory, and sometimes is hard to find good statistical data on (i.e. INTJ's with us being 1% of the population). Relationships take work but N+N and sometimes other opposite traits can make things easier.

That is why I like Kiersey, he makes it simple, but actually has indepth reasons afterwards. If you are interested in relationship theory...

Just don't rely on it as there are 1000000 other factors beyond "perfect" personalities that come into play.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont know much about the ENFP. Have never really gotten to get one to know personally and I wonder why ? :)

From what I think right now, eNFp is nothing for me. They are too energy taking, energy I need to sustain my own life.

Guess for the better part of the definition, they would make me look into the mirror, darkly :)

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I dont know much about the ENFP. Have never really gotten to get one to know personally and I wonder why ? :)

From what I think right now, eNFp is nothing for me. They are too energy taking, energy I need to sustain my own life.

Guess for the better part of the definition, they would make me look into the mirror, darkly :)

That is why ENTP's (in theory if you follow the MBTI stuff)go for the INxJ types. We don't take anyone's energy!

Well sometimes I need a few souls to power up my doomsday ray. Just need to figure out how to get it to the moon...

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
That is why ENTP's (in theory if you follow the MBTI stuff)go for the INxJ types. We don't take anyone's energy!

Well sometimes I need a few souls to power up my doomsday ray. Just need to figure out how to get it to the moon...

one of my really good friends is an intj and he wears me out...

i'm an enfp... the irony.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

That is the way it is. But lets say IxxJ woman. INxJ woman are too much work.

I read some times now about ENTP and ENFP relationships. In my opinion, I dread ENFP and ENFJ. I do not hate them, why should I, but they are just not destined to be with me. It just does not works. The chemics do not work out.

But I read so many times about ENTP and ENFJ/ENFP relationships. With ENFJ I understand, they like testing grounds. But what is it with ENFP ? Do they like wrong things, too ?