• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP methods to collate and sort information

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, i am curious to learn how others do this.

Leading with Ne causes you to be in a near constant state of sponging in and soaking up information and ideas from all sides, above, below and beyond. But how do you all prepare this to form a whole or connect the proverbial dots?

Do you have specific techniques?

Personally i find i often have eureka moments but sometimes i need/want to come to some kind of conclusions using information i am gathering/researching.

I have found a great way to do this is to binge out on an info fest and then listen to classical music. Classical has a unique sorting force to me and i have been using this method more and more when wanting to sum up a situation or group of info.

EDIT: I usually need to be on my own to do this.

So.... how do you eat yours?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Car rides, long walks, being broke and stuck indoors.

Do you systematically think through stuff.. or is your process of connecting processing seem as haphazard as the collection of it?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the car or at night when I should be sleeping.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uh, I don't think I do that much. I'm often collecting information but I think a lot of it ends up tossed in my little information pile in the back room of my brain. Some of the stuff that I do tie in to the bigger whole ends up just kind of happening without any obvious effort on my part.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the car or at night when I should be sleeping.

Huh. I wish I did that. When I'm trying to sleep my thoughts randomize and scatter and become wilder than ever and I can't even remember them in the morning and I never incorporate them properly, (well, maybe I do when I'm finally sleeping. hm. I wonder if that's why I sleep so much)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I'd much rather sleep.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Car rides, long walks, being broke and stuck indoors.

Do you systematically think through stuff.. or is your process of connecting processing seem as haphazard as the collection of it?

Ha! No system at all, i have just realised that when i spread all the info befor me and play classical music it dances it's way into choreography...if that makes sense.

EDIT: I go for long walks too though i often use those to ground myself in the real world...getting back to basics.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha! No system at all, i have just realised that when i spread all the info befor me and play classical music it dances it's way into choreography...if that makes sense.

Yup, similar here, I think. My info just kind of gloms together, separates and reconfigures until something amazing forms. Nice to know I'm a 'normal' ENFP. :D

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
It depends on if there's a specific, time-restricted goal, or if I'm free to use a less restricted system in leisure time.

You seem to be focusing on the latter, so I'll say that usually I spend a 4:1 ratio of researching/experiencing with decompressing/concluding. I usually just lie down on my bed and allow my mind to drift into the most accurate conclusion on it's own. Usually it's about 40 minutes online, or out and about, and 10 minutes lying down. Other times it's a night out going over idea with friends at the bar, then an hour of going through the experience in bed before falling asleep.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I either crawl back into my bubble and self-reflect, or if I really have trouble with everything that is swirling around in my head, I start journaling. Writing things down helps me solidify and condense information, which I then take and muse on again, to then condense it again. Kinda like evaporating the water out of something to make it smaller :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes that's true for me as well. Somehow it all comes out in some way tht makes sense if i start talking or writing.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I kick in my Te and write lists.. tons and tons and tons of useless lists that Im frequently embarrassed about and private about even though the contents are hardly useful to anyone else. Everything.
1. Is
2. A
3. List.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
not sure if im an enfp but i usually find a reluctant INJ or ISTJ and pick their minds. casual conversation causes me to start spinning off in many directions and coming up with ideas.