• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ and ISFJ compatibility

CaityR

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hi everyone! This is my first post on here, and I'm excited to expand my knowledge of personality :)

I'm just going to jump right in. The group of friends that I spend most of my time with is pretty diverse--there's someone who represents each temperament and we all get along really well. However, there's one person in this group who just rubs me the wrong way. I can't quite pinpoint what it is about them, but I find myself not wanting to be very close to them and being generally irritated by what they have to say. I don't think that they feel the same way about me, so I was wondering if our MBTI types were a factor in why I feel this way. I'm an INFJ and they're an ISFJ.

A

A_priori

From my observations.. ISFJs tend to be moody just like the INFJ.. However, one thing that I found works really well with the ISFJ is encouragement and praise for the things they do well. This is not to say that this is strictly indicative of the ISFJ; just an observation as I work with quite a few. Another thing I wanted to mention quickly is that the INFJs and ISFJs don't nessearely fall to far from the tree. Temperaments can be similar and in general I find them to be really good reliable people. Also, do you know for sure if this friend is an ISFJ or are you typecasting ?

Welcome =)

CaityR

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
From my observations.. ISFJs tend to be moody just like the INFJ.. However, one thing that I found works really well with the ISFJ is encouragement and praise for the things they do well. This is not to say that this is strictly indicative of the ISFJ; just an observation as I work with quite a few. Another thing I wanted to mention quickly is that the INFJs and ISFJs don't nessearely fall to far from the tree. Temperaments can be similar and in general I find them to be really good reliable people. Also, do you know for sure if this friend is an ISFJ or are you typecasting ?

Welcome =)

Thanks for your post, it was helpful :) I'm know that they're definitely ISFJ. When I started getting into MBTI I actually tested a bunch of my friends a few times and then wrote down their types.

A

A_priori

Oh ok right on.. Ya I think there are a lot of reasons why Sombody might rub you the wrong way. That person may feel the same way about you. I find that it's sometimes good to get engaged in a one on one conversation with people who rub me the wrong way. This way you guys are both aware of eachothers intentions, motives ect.. It's also a good chance to clear the air. Find out about eachother and try and connect with eachothers feelings. You guys may not be compatable but I say it's always worth trying to create a relationship. Some of the best people I know have been the ones who have rubbed me the wrong way untill I have gotten to know them.

Good luck

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welcome to the forums!

I don't know how helpful this is to you, but I personally find ISFJs to be some of the easiest people to get along with. If what rubs you the wrong way about them is related to MBTI, it's probably either your Ni reacting to their Si, or maybe you're having some kind of reaction to the similarities in your types (both have Fe auxiliary and Ti tertiary). Sometimes people can prefer it when people are more different to them than similar. Although I have a feeling that this isn't really related to MBTI and is more about individual differences between people. :shrug: I could be wrong, though.