• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's and their use of energy

ChihuahuaRevolt

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hi all.

Today a pondering overtook my as it sometimes does.

The only reason I put this under the NF threads is that I know several NF's and I think I may see a pattern or similarity.

So here's the story. Today, whilst studying, a great sleepiness overcame me, so I decided to take a nap. Well, I didnt really decide, it just kinda happened. My body decided that no more was I going to be awake. I thought, "Oh yeah, just about a 30 minute nap or so would be wonderful" And it was. The actual napping part at least. But then I woke up about 2-3 hours later and I feel like pure horse shit. And I decided to get on TypeC about it. I feel tired, completely out of it (like ive been drugged), my body aches, and really just have the "dont feel goods" all over. That got me to wondering about energy spent and how it affects me.

I am in nursing school right now, and its a bitch. I spend every minute of my life actively studying, or worrying about the next assignment due or test. Needless to say, I am overall exausted, and these little napping spells have been happening quite frequently. NEVER do I wake up feeling better, but at the same time, when I get that tired I cant stop it, and I cant wake up until a few hours later (ive tried setting alarm clocks-they just get turned off)

So all that is to lead up to explain how I feel about my energy level and how it is used. I feel like I spend about 60%of my energy on just "being" (being around people, listening, engaging in conversations, doing daily chores, even just getting dressed in the morning) Then I spend about 100000 billion% on school and studying. Then I spend whatever I can muster on family and friends (although I will say what they get of me is like a shell of my former being)

I feel like I spend so much energy on a daily basis just getting through the damn day. Provided, its much worse now that nursing school has been added to my list, but I kind of have always been this way. Then I see people who have an abundant source of energy, and first off I dont understand, and second off it takes energy for me to be around them! :mellow:

So here is my question to you: What do you typically spend your energy on and how much? How do you gain energy and how much? How much is left over or in deficit?

This doesnt have to be exact or scientific or anything, I would just like to see how other people feel about this, and look at the results. I also realize you cant quantify energy like this, but if you feel like participating, just do the best you can. Thats the point. (I am expecting a specific pattern)

Ready.......GO! :smile:

For myself for one single (average) day:
100%
-5% finding something to eat and eating it
-10% doing all the things it entails to be a good pet owner for my dog
-60% All things school related
-30% all things clinical related
-20% worrying excessively about a test coming up, or things I havent studied yet
-10% Daily body maintenance
-5% House keeping, laundry, cleaning my car, etc
-30% excessive worrying about family, friends, significant other
-20% talking to people (from school, work, clinicals, etc)
-10% work
-30% spending time with people I care about and want to spend time with

=negative 120% of my daily energy conserves. Hm. Not surprised.

Now a list of things that do give me extra energy to keep going (yes, they can be some of the same things) This is not the normal daily energy, but the things that add onto it

20% playing with my beloved dog
40% Spending time with people I care about (provided we arent fighting, which would then go to the taking energy category, that it would be a very large number, but we are talking about an average day here)
10% the small voice inside me that keeps saying (You can do it, you can do it.....)
30% A good nights sleep (no interuptions, no nightmares)
=100%

Hmmm....looks like Im still -20% Maybe I could do some meditation or yoga or something. This was actually pretty interesting to do, to lay it all out like that. Im interested to see what you all come up with, and what your energy output/input ratio's are :)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Props for nursing school. My mom went through it a few years ago while working a full time job, and early-morning study sessions before an impending exam were a common occurrence.

It expends so much of your mental and physical energy, and I can't even imagine what I'd do in the same shoes. +55000wqoirh930 for being awesome!!!

I'm not an NF, so I'll hold my output/input ratios for now, but I just dropped by because I like your username. :tongue: I hope you find what you're looking for.

ChihuahuaRevolt

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
ohhhhhh thank you! I love your avatar (obviously)

Feel free to do the input/output if you want!

Yeah nursing school is a bitch. I wrote a song about it I may post on here at some point :woot:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
You totally should! Anywho, I'll give it a shot.

Work: 30%
Sleep: 25%
Eating: 5%
LSAT: 10%
Goofing Off: 30%

How's that? :D