• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP telling impressively detail-oriented stories about relationships?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I suppose Ti/Si would be even more extreme about that than Fi/Si anyway... Si in addition to nitpicking accuracy!!! Do you do it with relationships too? "Then the person did this and then the person did that which didn't match what she said before so she's sending mixed messages" etc.

(for Wolfie too)

the way her fifth(from left) upper eyelash of her right eye when she looked at me in the eyes is an important fact that should not be missed by people im talking with or they arent in a position to discuss about it objectively :D
(kinda exaggerating there, but you get the point)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Since everyone has already mentioned Fi-Si, I'm just gonna put in a warning that Si does not necessarily give a very precise recollection. It's what the subject remembers happened, told in his/her own words from his/her point of view. So sometimes Fi-Si becomes Sci-Fi :D

Exactly! It's subjective Fi tinted glasses. :D. It's the kind of memory that makes for a great memoir, stand up comic, or old age reminiscing but terrible for credible testimony or reselling of directions.

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
We usually aren't detail-oriented. Plus, we're private, so we don't go around telling others about our lives. It just happens when we care a lot about what we're talking about that we get excited and feel the need to describe every single detail because "omg everything's so damn beautiful".

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I suppose Ti/Si would be even more extreme about that than Fi/Si anyway... Si in addition to nitpicking accuracy!!! Do you do it with relationships too? "Then the person did this and then the person did that which didn't match what she said before so she's sending mixed messages" etc.

(for [MENTION=16164]Wolfie[/MENTION] too)

Hmm? Do you mean do I analyze behavior in relationships? I analyze people constantly, whether in personal interactions or strangers interacting or even just on their own. I am extremely analytic of all behavior. People who tell me their relationship issues usually get a fairly accurate translation of the situation.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
It's true I do this, but it's mainly a habit from when I was younger because I got a lot of reprimands and insults for skipping over parts of my stories so they made no sense.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is not normal for me to provide that level of detail when describing most events, but the more meaningful the discussion is, the more detail I will give (on the basis that more details give a better picture of the full context of the situation), and if I am talking to someone that I know likes or uses losts of detail, then I also try to provide detail as a way of trying to match their communication preferences.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
What I really want to know is why some times people are all like "My uncle was a 7 foot tall Cherokee chief and a war hero and always wore a Medal of Honor around his neck that was dipped in the actual blood of John Wayne himself and was given to him by his great great grandfather in a blood pact when he saved John Wayne from no less than 10 crocodiles with his bare hands."

:unsure:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I tell a story the way I want to hear it. Very detailed.

I actually tone it down A LOT when it's about me/my life. To protect the privacy of my......bff.

Rosabel

I can say that I have this detailed memory and I can recall things easily, and tell datailed stories. I often do that, when I know people want to hear me (I don't want to piss people off with things they don't want to hear). I love doing this in writing, I feel better and I don't miss a thing I want to describe properly.

gromit

likes this
What I really want to know is why some times people are all like "My uncle was a 7 foot tall Cherokee chief and a war hero and always wore a Medal of Honor around his neck that was dipped in the actual blood of John Wayne himself and was given to him by his great great grandfather in a blood pact when he saved John Wayne from no less than 10 crocodiles with his bare hands."

Probably because that's a pretty awesome story.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. The anecdotes in this thread support the notion that I don't use Si at all - I don't think I'm capable of providing this level of detail. I'm also one of the worlds' worst story-tellers... this is one of the reasons.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

People prefer tall tales to short stories?