• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP: Commitment, Bigger Better Deal, Details, Infatuation

disco

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious what other ENFPs (or others) have to say about this...

1.) I am unable to commit to anything. I've never kept the same job for longer than one year, and the only thing I finally came to feel comfortable doing for the foreseeable future is working on cruise ships, and I think that was largely due to the satisfying relationships I had on my most recent contract, as well as the variety of travel, which keeps things from getting stale.

2.) I can't stop looking for the Bigger Better Deal. I'm in a perpetual future fantasyland, visualizing possibilities and neglecting realities. I can't seem to reconcile my ideals with reality, and this leads me to trouble all the time! I've burned bridges because I assumed something much better was around the corner, etc.

3.) Daily maintenance details, chores and general unpleasantness are extremely hard for me. To people who are better about this kind of stuff, I may appear immature or simply lacking hard work ethic. But, I swear it takes an incredible amount of effort for me to keep up in this area...it's disheartening and definitely makes me feel bad about myself! I've made marginal improvements, but overall it still ultimately cripples me because I end up in financial trouble, a messy home with piles of laundry, unpaid parking tickets, etc.

4.) I become infatuated with men I'm attracted to. Not to say that I'm creepy about it, or controlling or any of that nonsense. I just will definitely put the apple of my eye above all else. I like to think of myself as a strong, independent woman (and I am), but the reality is that my relationships are always #1. I think about them day and night and will sacrifice all else to be with them. This does interfere with other areas of my life, as I end up spending the majority of my energy on the relationship. For example, I want to take a trip to see a guy (mutual interest and some extremely brief romantic history) who lives very far away because I feel strongly that the relationship is worth pursuing, but I can't afford it at the moment (and it's his busy season with work so he can't travel here) and I'm likely to be on a ship again soon (which is why it feels more urgent now). I was seriously considering taking out another credit card solely to ensure that I could make this happen... To me, that makes sense because relationships are more important to me than career or stability, but I do know deep down that it's generally a bad idea...

Yikes, guys! Am I a crazy person? Or do some of you relate to these things?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can definitely relate! I always look out for better things, have a hard time being responsible, take risks, and fall in love quickly.

I would advise you against taking out another credit card. Please please please don't do that to yourself.

I think being a 7w6 compounds the NFP flightiness for you. I have a 7 in my tritype.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Proximo said:
Spaniard, we shall go to Rome together and have bloody adventures. And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. And then, when enough men have died, perhaps you will have your freedom.

hi [MENTION=14503]disco[/MENTION].

i say follow your nature. do it all. you are likely to do most of it, anyway. :smile:

and the mistakes you made will be a source of great pain and great knowledge, and when you are ready you will domesticate yourself; you will no longer be a slave to your nature...

i could say more, but the most important thing is to keep asking questions. internally and externally...go deeper with them and more granular: you will find yourself somewhere in those details. this is especially important for a 7w6.

:wink: