• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are ENFP's motivated by competion at all?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Im a competition whore, you should see me on video games I believe ive become good at...

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
True for me. I'm basically 'demotivated' by competition as it makes me uncomfortable. It's weird...I'll be interested in something and want to participate...but as soon as 'competition' comes into play - I'm out.

This.

If it's with a close friend or like family, I'm fine...I'm currently in a competition with my ISTJ friend.

I just hate feeling embarrassed, I feel embarrassed if I lose or suck at something, publicly.

disco

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love all these ENxP 7w6s! Super cool...I wish I could meet you all :) To answer the question, though, I totally do NOT like competition. I like distinguishing myself and being noticed for my uniqueness, and I can feel jealous of others in this area, but that's as far as it goes. I don't enjoy actively trying to get ahead of others in any way, shape or form. I think it makes me feel like my flaws are exposed, and also it almost makes me feel like confrontation does...just embarrassed and less capable than if nobody were paying any attention.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I enjoy some competition. I'd say I'm moderately motivated by it.

I mean, who as a teen in the 90s didn't have some No Fear shirts to show everyone just how much of a badass competitor you are?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I am highly competitive.. I don't like to lose, if I compete against others I'd like to try my best and hope I at least come ahead of some of the people participating. I enjoy a healthy dose of it.

But I do not enjoy competition at the cost of other things, like friendships, family, etc. When competition gets in the way of things like being able to communicate with others and starts making people really bad I lose my taste for it. I don't like competition in, say, my best friend and I were to like the same guy.. I'd bow out. It wouldn't feel right. Or where my sister and I were both gunning for the same job.. I'd step out and try to help her instead. But if it were my best friend, my sister, and I all racing or trying to compete for the highest score in a class.. I am all game.