• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: Do you ever feel like this under pressure or stress?

S

SingSmileShine

Whenever I am very stressed or anxious, for lack of a better way of putting it, my functions seem to be all switched, except my N.

For instance, when I feel like this, I become more of an introvert than an extravert. My thinking takes over my feeling, and my judging takes over my perceiving. My intuition never really takes a step back, though.

Anyway, is this normal for an ENFP? Should I be questioning my type? I identify so, so strongly with ENFP when I am healthy, but I'm so strange when I'm unhealthy (I have mental illnesses, too) that I sometimes wonder if I'm really typed correctly at all.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know maybe it's just your/mine 7w6 ness making you feel like you're all analytical and ti like or maybe it's fi and te looking like ti or something idk

Or maybe you're just not seeing yourself accurately
Not sure but I don't feel like I personally use different functions while stressed but rather use my functions differently.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's normal. Under alot of stress, the inferior function and even the tertiary functions can erupt. For ENFPs, this would be Si, which may explain your increase of introversion. However you said your intuition doesn't take a step back. Also ENFP has tertiary Te, which may explain your increase in thinking and judging.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I spent years depressed thinking and acting nearly like an INTP.. so, yeah. :) I have yet to dissect an analyze the experience, cuz I'm not an INTP. :D

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
I think it's normal to use functions other than your preference under stress. Also we relate differently when stressed, so it can be easy to mistype when going through a rough patch in life.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whenever I am very stressed or anxious, for lack of a better way of putting it, my functions seem to be all switched, except my N.
For instance, when I feel like this, I become more of an introvert than an extravert. My thinking takes over my feeling, and my judging takes over my perceiving. My intuition never really takes a step back, though.
Anyway, is this normal for an ENFP? Should I be questioning my type? I identify so, so strongly with ENFP when I am healthy, but I'm so strange when I'm unhealthy (I have mental illnesses, too) that I sometimes wonder if I'm really typed correctly at all.

I turn xxTJ bulldozer under stress

jld1241

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
That is very normal, and yes, the exact thing happens to me too. I also shed a few tears; which really helps me.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when i'm stressed (kinda happens often unfortunately because i have a stressful job) i go heavi(er) on Te and i get paranoid/anxiety issues. also i dont trust my gut calls and become dependent on other people's opinions. and also tend to boss others around (Te).