• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INFP and INFJ friendship?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was wondering...what would result in the pairing of an INFP and an INFJ in friendship? I know that not all those individuals of an MBTI type are the same, I was wondering what issues might result from their differing MBTI types? Would they be prone to having fundamental misunderstandings? Would one drive the other crazy?

I'm looking for any insight I can get... -_-;;

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was wondering...what would result in the pairing of an INFP and an INFJ in friendship? I know that not all those individuals of an MBTI type are the same, I was wondering what issues might result from their differing MBTI types? Would they be prone to having fundamental misunderstandings? Would one drive the other crazy?

I'm looking for any insight I can get... -_-;;

I think I have at least one of these - although I'm not positive she's INFP; she could be a reserved/shy ENFP, but INFP is perhaps more likely.

Fantastic aspects include the fact that neither of us think the other is "weird", and I think INFJs and INFPs routinely encounter people who do find them weird. We're not afraid of intensity, we love beautiful things, we have a deep urge to understand others (and especially in the context of a close friendship...), we care deeply about our close friends, etc. Excellent long conversations.

More difficult aspects: Fi/Fe conflicts. I think she says things without meaning them or changes her mind ten minutes later; she thinks I'm too inflexible or prone to raking up the past. We can both be judgmental, but in different ways/areas. I think she's got terrible impulse control; she thinks I'm somewhat too repressed and rigid. She thinks I'm too attached to the rules and thus can't really understand her; I think she twists things round to do what she wants, even if it's seriously questionable.

A great friendship in so many ways, but I think Fi/Fe conflicts particularly can be difficult. I've seen it mentioned on this forums that xNFJs and xNFPs actually tend to reach the same conclusions so much of the time, but in different and almost contradictory ways, and that there is potential for huge misunderstandings along the way. Makes sense to me. Reading what xNFPs have to say on this forum, particularly about some subjects that have really troubled me, has helped A LOT.