• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPS: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

ENFPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is for you as an individual, not what you think ENFPs best type is in general.

The same question for these other types:

ENFJs
INFJs
INFPs

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Not a single ENFP?

Really?

[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] (hey, i called you! :p) [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=6166]Orobas[/MENTION] [MENTION=5494]Vala Faye[/MENTION]

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry I feel like I've just answered this somewhere

My feeling is that I would have to date like at least 3 of each type before I had enough data to go on and even then I would doubt it.

Type only makes something easier or more challenging it doesn't make you like a person IMO.

However... I have dated more Nfps then any other type but my longest relationship was with an istj.

I have not had much experience though really... I was with the istj since I was 17 and have dated two people since. One either an enfp or an entp and the current is an infp

Both of them are ridiculously easy to get along with an I enjoy feeling understood and valued for my views an jut who I am

The istj and I connected on just a couple levels and never really truly valued what made the other person tick

And that likely has a lot to do with our mbti but given my very small data sample I can't be sure.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] (hey, i called you! :p)

Thank god you included me this time or I would have said or done something weird.

Unfortunately...I don't know how to answer this. It has been hard to be limited to just one choice. <--- the reason I wrote 'has been hard' though is because I have put thought into it. I honestly just don't know how to answer.

EDIT: ^^^that was written really poorly lol.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am beginning to think this will have a lot to do with enneatype.

A 7w8 ENFP will probably not hit it off so hot with an 6w5 ISTJ, but that same 7w8 ENFP could probably hit it off pretty well with a 4w5 INTJ. Whereas a 2w3 ENFP might get along beautifully with that 6w5 ISTJ.

I have found ExFJs most sparkly thus far.

sculpting

For just myself, I think the following types might be okay: intps/istps/intjs/istjs/infps/infjs/an old enfp

highly unlikely estp or entp or esfp. It would have to be the right enfj.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh If it pleases you I can do that ^^

Just based on a theory...maybe... Inxp, enxp, inxj, enxj and possibly esfj

But of course I realize I might not work well with the majority of people of those types or I might work well with someone of another type haha

There have another noncommittal answer :laugh:

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
By Socionics intertype relations chart the best match for ENFP is the ISTJ. These two types have exactly same cognitive functions but in reverse formation, making them form what's called a Duality relationship (described under SLI-IEE, ISTJ becomes ISTp in socionics since that is their Si leading Te creative type). Unfortunately these two types may rarely meet, so their unions are very few. NFs are just more likely to get together with other NFs and ignore STs due to sensor type prejudices.

Other favorable matches for ENFP include: INFP (mirror relationship), ESTJ (activity relationship), INTJ (mirage relationship), ENTJ and ESFJ (benefit relationship), INFJ (extinguishment relationship), ISFJ (semi-duality relationship)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd probably do best with another ExFP type, though I could see myself with an unusually sexual INTJ. I've been attracted to several NFJs actually, but longterm? hell no lol

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are too indecisive to answer such a closed ended question.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
xxFJ I think. I don't really like NTs. I feel like I clash with them quite often or I just find them irritating.

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me it's ENXPs, especially ENTPs. I know that dating someone with the same first function as yourself *could* make for an unbalanced dynamic, but honestly, my biggest problem in romantic relationships is stagnation. My experience of shared dominant Ne (dating an ENTP now, dated an ENFP before that) has been one of partners-in-crime, who do everything a little too big and push all the lines a little too much, but have a hell of a good time. ::shrugs::

I tend to like NTs especially cause I do need a bit of balance on the Thinking/Feeling scale. For instance, I'm inclined to be waaaay over-idealistic. NTs aren't afraid to point out the ridiculousness there, and get me to laugh at myself. And I'm not afraid to tackle-hug them, so we're even. We're good for each other.

INTJs are also amazing. Never got bored there!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've only been with F's. I've been close enough with INTJs but I forget they are male, apparently.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
come on people, let's participate! i want to see some statistical analysis some time soon! :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

ENFP translation: there is always the possibility that the true answer could change, or perhaps there is more than one right answer for each person, or perhaps there are so many nuances in type from person to person that even if we gave you an answer, it would just be one shade of gray on a sliding scale.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP translation: there is always the possibility that the true answer could change, or perhaps there is more than one right answer for each person, or perhaps there are so many nuances in type from person to person that even if we gave you an answer, it would just be one shade of gray on a sliding scale.

:laugh:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
By Socionics intertype relations chart the best match for ENFP is the ISTJ. These two types have exactly same cognitive functions but in reverse formation, making them form what's called a Duality relationship (described under SLI-IEE, ISTJ becomes ISTp in socionics since that is their Si leading Te creative type). Unfortunately these two types may rarely meet, so their unions are very few. NFs are just more likely to get together with other NFs and ignore STs due to sensor type prejudices.

Other favorable matches for ENFP include: INFP (mirror relationship), ESTJ (activity relationship), INTJ (mirage relationship), ENTJ and ESFJ (benefit relationship), INFJ (extinguishment relationship), ISFJ (semi-duality relationship)

Yeah, I believe ISTJ is potentially one of them.

Just like I think INTJ and ESFP (also relationship of duality) is a possibility.

But, having dated many EFPs, and having my two most serious relationships be with an ESFP and an ENFP, I can say that, while there are some pro's to the INTJ-ESFP relationship that don't (theoretically [and possibly in reality]) exist (at least not in the same way, or to the same extent) within the INTJ-ENFP relationship, there are also some major pro's in the INTJ-ENFP relationship that don't exist in the INTJ-ESFP relationship.

The more I've come to understand typology, the less I've come to believe that there is indeed one type that is best for another type, at least not by the time you get down to the individual level, where individual differences, not to mention alternate typologies like the enneagram and the instinctual variants, can be just as important (and possibly more) than MBTI/Socionics/Jungian type.

I'd probably do best with another ExFP type...

I'm actually kinda shocked ESFP is in the lead right now...

...though I could see myself with an unusually sexual INTJ.

:huh:

Unusually sexual?

Umm... do you never read anything anyone else posts on this board?

I don't think I could count on both my hands and feet the number of times I've read someone on here say that their INTJ s.o. or ex is/was a freak...

I mean... do you know who [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] is? Have you read her posts?

:harhar:

Yeah, pretty much this.

It's been interesting to see this play out.

I mean, it makes perfect sense when you think about it (Ne doesn't want to be put in a box; always wants to be outside the box; to vote for one would be to willfully go in a box), but I guess I also kinda figured the ENFPs are so interested in the subject that they'd be a little more willing to dive in and give an answer. Frankly, I think they're just trying to keep their typeC dating options open...

For me it's ENXPs, especially ENTPs. I know that dating someone with the same first function as yourself *could* make for an unbalanced dynamic, but honestly, my biggest problem in romantic relationships is stagnation. My experience of shared dominant Ne (dating an ENTP now, dated an ENFP before that) has been one of partners-in-crime, who do everything a little too big and push all the lines a little too much, but have a hell of a good time. ::shrugs::

I tend to like NTs especially cause I do need a bit of balance on the Thinking/Feeling scale. For instance, I'm inclined to be waaaay over-idealistic. NTs aren't afraid to point out the ridiculousness there, and get me to laugh at myself. And I'm not afraid to tackle-hug them, so we're even. We're good for each other.

INTJs are also amazing. Never got bored there!

For a poster who's been here so long, but has so few posts, you do always manage to spring up when the moment fits.

Yours is a very interesting answer. Do you know what enneagram type you are? Instinctual variant?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] is female. I wouldn't be interested in a female INTJ, but perhaps a male one

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wanna state that I voted under coercion for INTJ, even though I'm not sure about my ENFP label at all, so the results might be scewed slightly.

I will not name the party that coerced me.

That is all.