• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, which types do you dislike most?

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What types do you tend to butt heads with most, and why?

As an INFP I supremely dislike ESFJs, though it may be personal bias. In my experience, we have a lot of ideological differences. Is this a common experience for INFPs? How about other NFs?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm not going to say i dislike them the most, but i do agree that esfj's can be the most difficult for me to deal with. they are very stuck in their beliefs, which are usually not the same as mine, and don't try to compromise. also i think that they generally think i'm a weirdo and don't like me very much.

i just spent a lot of my time with my esfj friend who was getting married, she was sewing her own veil to save money and it was the night before the wedding and she still didn't have it done. she wanted my help, and i told her repeatedly that i didn't know how to sew, but she kept asking. and got frustrated and told me i had "no life skills." i wanted to tell her that having the common sense to buy a veil instead of making my own a day before my wedding is a good life skill that i have and she lacked. but i didn't, because i am nice :)

S

Society

i can't say i dislike ESFPs the most, in fact there's at lest one that i adore (my little teenage sister), but i do butt heads with them the most - i find that out of the over-sensitive types, they are not only the most inclined to jump the gun over misunderstandings and miss-communications, but are also the most likely to be offended by anyone pointing out the miss-communication itself, sustaining the conflicts when they arise.

also the fact we're both opposite order and opposite functions might have something to do with it (according to some theories - such as mine - that makes us each other's shadows).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What types do you tend to butt heads with most, and why?

As an INFP I supremely dislike ESFJs, though it may be personal bias. In my experience, we have a lot of ideological differences. Is this a common experience for INFPs? How about other NFs?

I dislike Fe doms (ESFJs and ENFJs) mostly because of all of the implicit expectation and lack of boundaries they tend to have. for instance, my mother asked me a question, I gave an honest answer and she said "I think you meant...(I don't remember the answer she was expecting)" and I said "no, if I meant that, I would have said that. if you can't accept the answer, don't ask the question"

I also dislike a lot of ESTPs because insecure ones will have this tendency to try to pick out and fuck with people's weaknesses. generally, this is hard to do to me successfully, but the principle of the matter really irritates me.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I learned from a young age to adjust my behavior to those around me in order to have a frictionless existence (family issues), which means I don't overtly butt heads with people. However, from the people I know, ESTJs undoubtedly cause the most aggravation. I don't get angry easily, but my ESTJ sister has this ability to make me pretty wild (Very rarely to her face. More likely a massive rant in my head, or out loud to my INTP... who seems to find it vastly amusing.)
Another ESTJ (INTP's cousin), he can annoy me, but not in a fury like my sister. Mostly he's just irritating in an amusing way. And he thinks I'm weird, so it's entertaining to perpetuate the idea. My INTP has trouble getting along with him... I've known other (suspected) ESTJs only as acquaintances. Even when I can see that they're nice people, and I am superficially fine interacting with them, there is something about the Te that rubs me wrong. I kind of find myself shutting down.
I don't know what exactly it is that bothers me... this firmness of opinion? A slightly (or not) in-your-face quality? They often (thought not the two ESTJ family members I mentioned) shoot me down without giving any apparent thought to what I've said, and generally their rebuttal is based on a false assumption, but I don't even want to bother with trying to explain when they're not going to listen.
I'm not interested in trying to change people's opinions, but that's all they seem to want to do with me. :shrug: Sometimes it feels like they are bulldozers and I am standing in their way. I don't want to puff myself up all big and loud so they stop, when the whole conversation is pointless to me anyway. I'd rather transmorgify to a little woodchuck and burrow quietly away.

Oddly, the ENTJs I've known don't really bother me. I mean, they can, but they have qualities that generally ameliorate the annoyance. :)
The ISTJs I know can be mildly annoying, but hardly worth mentioning. I just don't have much desire to talk with them. Conversation is a struggle, it's a stretch to find things in common to talk about.
And the INTJs I know are great. :)

Oh and as a side note, ESFJs annoy the holy hell out of my INTP.

(Disclaimer: I'm only speaking of people I have known, and my personal perception of them. This is not meant as a blanket statement for a type.)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My INFP mom hates ENTJs because they can be very controlling, more so than any other type at their worst, though I imagine a high level ENTJ would be more laid back than a high level ESTJ.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My INFP mom hates ENTJs because they can be very controlling, more so than any other type at their worst, though I imagine a high level ENTJ would be more laid back than a high level ESTJ.

Yea one of the ENTJs I know can be really controlling. It hasn't been directed at me though, so maybe that's why it hasn't annoyed me much. He is great for verbal sparring :D
(However my INTP doesn't like him at all, thinks he's just a dick (Which he is. But he's a funny dick, so I don't mind). And my dad (ISFJ or ISFP I know know, totally different types, long story) despises the ENTJ.)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have the most run-ins with ESTP chicks and ENFJ guys. From a distance things are cool and fun but whenever we start working together closer it gets tricky.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, and, just remembered, I have had a bad experience with an ENTP which has kind of spoiled the type for me, which is unfortunate, since I love NTs as a whole.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh, and, just remembered, I have had a bad experience with an ENTP which has kind of spoiled the type for me, which is unfortunate, since I love NTs as a whole.

Similar problem for me right now. He is BOMBARDING me with links and videos and arguments about why Christianity is awful, and I just don't care. I don't even necessarily disagree, just SHUT UP FOR TWO SECONDS! Your ideas aren't so important that I need an up-to-the-minute ticker.

I am having a hard time not thinking of all ENTP's like that right now.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Similar problem for me right now. He is BOMBARDING me with links and videos and arguments about why Christianity is awful, and I just don't care. I don't even necessarily disagree, just SHUT UP FOR TWO SECONDS! Your ideas aren't so important that I need an up-to-the-minute ticker.

I am having a hard time not thinking of all ENTP's like that right now.

Mine was a legitimate sociopath... and that sounds like something he would've done.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my mom is an ESTP, I think. So is a woman in my office.

I love my mom, but there are things about her (and my coworker) that irk me. They're both very literal and fail to read between the lines. They are both very, very flakey (not sure that's an ESTP thing or not). They are fun but childish in many ways.

If I were neighbors with an ESTP it might be a different story? No offense to ESTPs out there.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Mine was a legitimate sociopath... and that sounds like something he would've done.

There's something about sociopaths that both interests and repels me. I hope that this sociopath did not cause you TOO much harm. :(

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What? No one mentioned INTPs yet?
:rly???:

Burger King

I've had the most problem with the EXTP variety (especially ones w/ E6 in their wings or core). Can come across as too blunt a lot of times and tries too hard to be funny it seems. Sometimes they are funny, but other times it's just tasteless. I wouldn't say they are the most disliked type though. I don't think I have a "most disliked type."