• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, which types do you dislike most?

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree. Once I tried INTP Central and it was an epic fail.

My most recent run-in was the INTP facebook page. That place is frightening. However a lot of them were mistyped ISTPs or INFJs....

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What? No one mentioned INTPs yet?
:rly???:
Nor INTJs. I was expecting us to receive prompt mention, but perhaps everyone has been duly indoctrinated by the ENFPs and their Fetishists thread.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nor INTJs. I was expecting us to receive prompt mention, but perhaps everyone has been duly indoctrinated by the ENFPs and their Fetishists thread.

Hey, you already know how I adore INTs.

edit: 'copiously' being how

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I adore almost every INTP I know. :hug:

As for me, I generally have a hard time getting along with SJ types. It's not that they bug me so much (though sometimes they do drive me nuts if I perceive they are trying to control me or prevent me from freely expressing myself), it's just that I seem to bug the crap out of them. This is particularly true of ISTJs., though I can think of one ISTJ who likes me a lot. SJs tend to think of me as flaky. I'm many things (such as easily distracted and unconventional)... but I'm not flaky.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENTPs can be funny, but most (not all) I met weren't pleasant to be around.

As an INFP I supremely dislike ESFJs, though it may be personal bias. In my experience, we have a lot of ideological differences. Is this a common experience for INFPs? How about other NFs?

I like ESFJs... The ones I knew were nice and caring.
The opposite of those ENTPs.

What? No one mentioned INTPs yet?
:rly???:

I like most INTPs I know! My SO is one.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't really experience typical NF issues with SJs or NFP issues with Fe. I mean, on some level I do, but for the most part they're low-level and passing concerns. To me, SJs are generally straightforward and easy to get along with, and willing to break with their established ways if you give them a clear, trustworthy reason for why doing so would improve things. Fe is a method of helping everyone get what they want. If you try to be patient with it, instead of fighting it, it can be warm and nurturing.

On the other hand, I do seem to frequently clash with ENTJs. They are generally smart and passionate, but come on too strong for me, and without the straightforward Si that makes ESTJs easy to trust. I think I have the most trouble with the 8w7 variety. Of course, cp6 and 8 are well-documented to have issues. The 8w7 very-outgoing-and-confronting style gets protective 6w7 me all up in arms before any real exchange even occurs.

We think it's funny to convince other people you're sweet little fluffy harmless puppies and then laugh as we watch them discover the true horrors of your type.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We think it's funny to convince other people you're sweet little fluffy harmless puppies and then laugh as we watch them discover the true horrors of your type.
In that case, do carry on. It might prove instructive as well as entertaining.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I have the most trouble with ESTJs. SJs in general are harder for me to deal with. There are a few in my life whom I consider very good friends, but even at our best, there is a certain disconnect; they seem to regard me as too playful, too impractical, and comparably irresponsible. I can tell when my actions make them uncomfortable, and I can't explain myself to them because I'm not sure they'd be able to suspend their disapproval long enough to sympathize. They have a tendency to make me feel bad.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, they probably got most of it out of their system there.

But ESTJ hate springs eternal. :dry: I expected it on page 1, and there it was. It's on 2 of the 3 pages so far.

Why am I even reading this thread??

Lightyear

It always depends on how healthy they are.

Manipulative ESFJs and extremely rigid ESTJs make me want to punch them (my best friend is an amazing ESFJ though)

I also tend to constantly have misunderstandings with xSFPs (especially ESFPs), it's like talking to a very flaky person from a different planet who is only out to have fun, fun, fun, which gets a bit boring after a while. I just find it really hard to rely on them or trust their promises.

Oh, and robot-like INTxs, who see people only as the sum of their parts. Creepy.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But ESTJ hate springs eternal. :dry: I expected it on page 1, and there it was. It's on 2 of the 3 pages so far.
Any type that insists everyone see and do things their way can be hard to take. Some of my best bosses have been STJs though. They are very goal-oriented, and will readily accept new ideas if they are shown how and why they will be useful. They also demonstrated great concern for their employees. My supervisor now is ENFJ and there is much more drama and unpredictablility. It takes much more energy to deal with.

Oh, and robot-like INTxs, who see people only as the sum of their parts. Creepy.
We usually see far more than the sum of the parts, even when the person doesn't see it him/herself. The problem is that we also see a way to put all that to use, which may not be what the other person had in mind.

Mia.

Yeah, they probably got most of it out of their system there.

Why am I even reading this thread??

I :heart: ESTJs EJCC. Literally. :D

extremely rigid ESTJs make me want to punch them

When my ESTJ is nice and rigid I want to do something else to him.

My favorite types are ESTJ, INTJ, and INTP, and you managed to hate on all of them bud. :alttongue:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, are you trying to tell us that we shouldn't treat people as a conglobation of atoms?

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, are you trying to tell us that we shouldn't treat people as a conglobation of atoms?
That's called a molecule, and it generally has properties quite distinct from those of its elemental components. Start putting molecules together and . . . oh, good grief, just go read a biochem book.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any type that insists everyone see and do things their way can be hard to take. Some of my best bosses have been STJs though. They are very goal-oriented, and will readily accept new ideas if they are shown how and why they will be useful. They also demonstrated great concern for their employees.
True this! I think another part of the problem is that people tend to overthink the ESTJs they know, by putting ulterior motives onto them when really they were being direct and up-front the whole time -- or they just don't understand where ESTJ certainty comes from, i.e. the need to deal with the information in front of them and operate with what's available, to avoid being paralyzed by too many variables. They don't understand how easy it is to convince ESTJs of things, compared with types that are actually more rigid than ESTJs even though they don't come across that way (cough INFJs cough).
My supervisor now is ENFJ and there is much more drama and unpredictablility. It takes much more energy to deal with.
Oh god, ENFJ drama. :rofl1: I am way too familiar with that! For being a low-drama person, I sure do surround myself with dramatic people. :doh:
I :heart: ESTJs EJCC. Literally. :D
Awwww! :heart:
When my ESTJ is nice and rigid I want to do something else to him.
:rofl1:
:nice:
:worthy:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disliked STJs a lot growing up, but the older I get, the more I'm becoming increasingly aware of their strengths (you know, things like consistency, discipline, routine, hard work...ie all the things ENFPs hate and suck at LOL). they can be a pain in the ass without a dosage of developed Ne, but as long as they have that, we can at least get along.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think in the end it has a whole lot to do with type; there are individuals I dislike and like of every type.

It's more general characteristics that determine whether I like or dislike someone - core traits.

I'm going to tend to strongly dislike people who are ignorant, rude, arrogant, whiny, b*tchy, petty, in a tunnel-vision vortex, take no responsibility,impose their will upon others, etc etc, which has nothing to do with type.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think in the end it has a whole lot to do with type; there are individuals I dislike and like of every type.

It's more general characteristics that determine whether I like or dislike someone - core traits.

I'm going to tend to strongly dislike people who are ignorant, rude, arrogant, whiny, b*tchy, petty, in a tunnel-vision vortex, take no responsibility,impose their will upon others, etc etc, which has nothing to do with type.

Yep, I agree. There are a lot of personality traits that aren't inherently connected to type per-se; any type can be cruel or kind, and I guess it's the reasons for it that are going to be different?

Personally I can't stand people who act like they're entitled to things.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the older I get, the more I'm becoming increasingly aware of their strengths (you know, things like consistency, discipline, routine, hard work...ie all the things ENFPs hate and suck at LOL)

But that is why they are so fantastic! If you keep them around, you will get better at these things, too. My SJ mom and SJ boyfriend are such good influences on me. My mom has always taken care of all the practical stuff I am naturally terrible at, and she has taught me how to take care of those things in the process. My SJ boyfriend encourages me to be early and to take care of myself, he keeps me abreast of what's going on in the world, he calms my endless Ne worries, and he takes care of me when I just completely epically fail at real life, which is relatively often. And he makes me laugh. He is so soothing.

It occurs to me that part of my amazement with them is that I am soooo sp-last.

Amen. I think what kills me the most is false self-promotion. Just shut up. If you're that great, people will notice. Presenting yourself well is one thing, but making everything about how great you are when you really aren't is abhorrent.

Emilie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ExFJs?

Nothing against them, but their Fe is just oozing all over the place. Most of them act like they like you a lot even if they hate you, so they just vent by talking behind your back. Fi's phony radar goes off the map around them.