• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] short rant on NFs

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whenever I make comments like that you should view them as having a wink emoticon at the end. It's just more amusing when statements like that look like they should be taken seriously.

/public service announcement

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

I thought I recognized a Nicolas Sarkozy supporter in you, Flak!

sarkozy_shorter_than_bush.jpg

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Whenever I make comments like that you should view them as having a wink emoticon at the end. It's just more amusing when statements like that look like they should be taken seriously.

/public service announcement

I'd assumed so seeing you were ENFP. Yeh, I should've left it for the INFJs :). Sorry :cheese:.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Those who protest are either hypocrites who do not wish to hear the truth about themselves or lack the analytical faculties necessary to properly understand his opening post.

Or they simply found it to be untrue and/or lacking support.

Both cases are unremarkable in this thread as we notice NFs were the ones who protested the most, and it is quite persuasive that because they tend not to be talented at logical reasoning, they would lack the analytical faculties necessary to understand the OP. It is also persuasive that NFs will not wish to hear the truth about themselves because they lack the ability to approach remarks about themselves from an objective standpoint, and that is precisely why they respond cantankerously to those who criticize them.

Are you merely assuming that most of the NF members fall into the 80-90% sphere of feelerdominism with only a 10-20% active T, and thus rely for the most part on emotions to formulate their responses?

A person who does not use Thinking well cannot have a clear vision of what is going on in his life. This is so because only Thinking can show structure in all things. A person who relies on Feeling very heavily and supresses Thinking in effect, merely has confused notions about what to do with their lives, yet notions that they feel very strongly about. Reasons for this are rarely justified because such a person's logical reasoning skills are poor. This is common among NFs.

This is another example of using individual reasoning, which all of us know can often be faulty, to create an over-generalized image of an intangible reality. One must be very careful when making such statements, not to rely purely on reasoning/logic without the support of actual data to sustain such claims.

To date, there exists no clear record of anything resembling or having semblance of an objective truth. As much as we value logic and reasoning, nothing has ever proven to us that we as humans are capable of using this most respected and valued of tools to prove the objectivity of anything. The past has clearly shown us that anything which we can prove through logic can similary be disproved using the same methods. Being that it shows us no truth and has never provided us with an answer that can be correct for all times, then why should it be more valid as a decision making method than any other chosen implement?

What I am hinting at is that logic can always be found to be erroneous and the only objective answer is that which can only be attained through factual and non-theoretical evidence by directly observing and studying them (aka using our senses). Since both the thinking and feeling faculties can be shown to be equally inefficient and inaccurate neither of them can be seen superior to the other as a function.

Please do note that this was written at 3 am.

krentz

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Forgive me if most of what I've said appears off base, but I have a limited amount of patience and should be doing something more productive anyway. From what I can tell, the problem arises here because BlueWing has attempted to classify the 'NF temperament' in general according to both type theory and general observations. As most NFs, myself included, tend to self-identify with many of the descriptions, many of the generalisations BW makes, especially where they are seen as derogatory, has the potential to cause us great offense. In particular, as xNFP types have a strong Fi we would perhaps be the most ardent defenders of individual rights, and would class BW's attempts to categorize and classify people by way of an overruling logical principle as inherently flawed. I am reluctant to classify myself as exceptional, and I cannot say that I do not identify with many of the flaws pointed out in this thread (particularly 'finding a subjective purpose in life', which I believe will be ongoing for some time, and I also admit that I can be wrapped up in myself. I do try to overcome these tendencies though, and especially with the people I value most, I always try to give them an equal amount of appreciation and understanding, and I would class myself as very loyal. this is perhaps because, despite my self-absorption, I often have a genuine interest in other people in general. however, in an attempt to broaden my perspectives I believe I am more capable of objective analysis than you would expect - and if this is not the case, show me how it is not so. at the very least, I make an effort to see all possible ways of perceiving an event, both subjective and objective, which is more than can be said for BW)

I do not feel as though people have to justify the way they feel about things, as their feeling is inherently justified due to the events that they have perceived up to that point which lead to a particular feeling. However, where that feeling does not apply to objective reality, I can acknowledge that a feeling is the result of a misguided and incorrect perception, and attempt to clarify the situation for people in order to further their understanding. It is not, however, the feeling which is not justified, merely a feeling that has arisen due to an incomplete understanding.

To BlueWing - as you yourself have said that you would prefer a world in which there are no Feelers, and you believe objective and rational analysis to be the only meaningful way of communicating, then I have little motivation with which to expand upon my arguments should you not understand them. In fact, I am rather surprised that for someone capable of such detailed, in-depth and often helpful analysis you have not found it within yourself to surpass this level of intellectual narcissism, but as it clearly does not bother you then the consequences will be yours alone to deal with. All I can say is that I do not believe it is possible to be perfectly objective, nor do I believe a subjective perception is inherently inferior, which is why I attempt to understand things as completely as possible. If you will allow me an opportunity to be self-absorbed and generally dismissive, then I would say I would prefer a world in which everyone is able to see past the trappings of their own way of thinking and makes an attempt, whether or not it is successful, to see as many perspectives as possible in an attempt to clarify their own. However it is not my place to say such things nor will doing so make them a manifest reality.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have discovered this with all types of people. And I'm not one of them. What you described doesn't sound anything like me. It's very harsh and I know that I'm the opposite.