• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] New Forum for INFJs

redacted

for some reason the idea of an INFJ forum doesn't really interest me. i like discussion with lots of types.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
The biggest problem I foresee is inadequate moderation by INFJ standards. That was how one of the forums in fc's post imploded. It was unmoderated, the owner was not an INFJ and flat out refused to do any moderating. The few active members abandoned it to the invading troll.

I do think ShaiGar will do an okay job with the moderating. Perhaps many people do not realize that he has a number of facades that he presents. So far at the new INFJ forum, he has been professional and responsible. I guess he is adapting his mode over there for that purpose.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
*chuckles* wonder how long this INFJ forum might last...

Darn me and my curiosity... :dry:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I do think ShaiGar will do an okay job with the moderating. Perhaps many people do not realize that he has a number of facades that he presents. So far at the new INFJ forum, he has been professional and responsible. I guess he is adapting his mode over there for that purpose.

I think so too. He has proved that he can be serious when he wants to be (although I must add that it is quite rare).

heart

heart on fire
The biggest problem I foresee is inadequate moderation by INFJ standards. That was how one of the forums in fc's post imploded. It was unmoderated, the owner was not an INFJ and flat out refused to do any moderating. The few active members abandoned it to the invading troll.

INFPgc doesn't tolerate trolls. Hopefully the new INFJ board will be the same.

jason_m

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I Don't Understand

It seems to me that ShaiGar is kind of a goof, but does that give you reason to boycott his site? What's the reasoning - ShaiGar isn't a serious person, therefore, nothing he does is of value? And for the people who got upset because he used foul language - oh Lordy! do I ever agree with you (sarcasm).

Jason

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Updates

Some updates concerning the INFJ forum:

Motor Jax and I are now administrators. (It seems ShaiGar is giving us the reins pretty much for moderating and building the forum, though he will fund it and occasionally work on it.)

ShaiGar has decided that once the forum has reached a certain size (50 members with a good average number of posts), he will move it to vBulletin. He has the funding set aside, but he wants to make sure that there is enough interest before he puts so much money into it.

I would like to hear suggestions from those who are interested in or have already joined concerning the layout of the forum. I am talking mainly about the topic titles and such.

If you want one at vBulletin (which I also definitely prefer), then hurry up and join and make posts! The faster it grows, the sooner we can move.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Ah, I'll have to register.

I figured he would be picking moderators or admins fairly soon. Congrats on your new position as overlord of the INFJs. :D

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ah, I'll have to register.

I figured he would be picking moderators or admins fairly soon. Congrats on your new position as overlord of the INFJs. :D

Motor Jax is currently doing most of the work (and doing a very good job of it, I might add). I am having a bit of trouble getting logged into the Administration Control Panel, so until that glitch is fixed I will be limited in my activities.

But for official purposes, I am an overlord. :D I will however refrain from brandishing my Te unless absolutely necessary.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
But for official purposes, I am an overlord. :D I will however refrain from brandishing my Te unless absolutely necessary.

Yes, I implore you cool down your extreme grammar-Nazi tendencies.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I'm registered. Now other people need to go register. It will be a good place to meet up and talk when this place is going too slow.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
as for it becoming an INFJ forum, ShaiGar as offered me (Motor Jax) to take complete ownership of it. i told him that i would be honored to

once this year's contract is up, i will fund it from then on. ShaiGar has already paid for this year's subscription though, and has already made me Site Admin. and plans to move it over to a shell account to myself

what i am trying to do though is sort everything out so that there is both easy accessibility and tidiness...

*uses Jedi mind trick*

"there is nothing to be afraid of"

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The whole administratoin side of forums is fascinating to me. I had no idea actual money went into these things. I have previously only been a member of e-mail lists, and you know, those are free and quite informal. Some are quite spammy and random and others seem like you've accidentally received private ongoing inside jokes between 15-50people. And others, you are the one spamming strangers' in boxes with your ongoing inside jokes with 15-50 of your closest online friends.

I was also curious why a non XXXX would invest time and money to start a XXXX side? Especially someone apparently trollish?

I wish the INFJ site well.

Congrats to our members who will be overloading over there.

I'm staying on this island all the same.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
it is good though

i had actually thought about it, but didn't know how and so lost interest (as in the INFJ tradition of things)

once its started though, i don't have a hard time managing it

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
oh, and it's not 'exclusively' for INFJ types either

others are welcome of course

;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

lol...

Seriously, I'm willing to give anyone a shot, regardless of the past [referring to people being queasy about Shaigar].

Hopefully you can go easy on me and not bring down too much Unlimited Cosmic Admin Power on my head when I'm over there. :) Darn it, I knew I should have gone easier on you in the insult thread.

And yes, if I was starting up a site, I'd do the same thing in regards to waiting to see the membership build to a certain point before dumping money into it. Ne-happy people have a tendency to spend lots of money up front, before it becomes justified (because they are acting on the possibilities); I think it is a good show of restraint to hold back until the membership builds a little.