• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Random Confirmations

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know where else to put this, so I'm putting it here. If you have precognition, it can be so discouraging when people attempt to explain it away or talk you out of it. Any time I have an experience of it, I like to tell it, so others who experience it will get some support.

An old friend who moved away a few years ago called me last week. He said he was coming to the east coast to help his mother pack and move south, and he'd like to stop at my place on the drive down and stay the night, he and his mother. I said that was fine, but I immediately got a feeling of dissonance and thought that it was not going to happen, because, for one, she would be moving in July.

He just called and said they'd decided she would move in July.

How did I know this? I have no idea. I just did. That's how my life is.

P.S. He's still coming, and I just realized his arrival coincides almost to the minute with the Venus thing going on. INteresting!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had random epiphanies like this on rare occasion [I can't recall any specific instances, presently], but I tend to chock it up to additional information I may have taken in at some point and can't immediately recall it consciously, or something like that. It doesn't explain it away, per se. I don't think the brain runs on magic, I guess. It just makes strange things make logical sense, but in no way reduces the value. Not everyone can run programs in the back of their head & randomly fit puzzle pieces together, so it's still pretty cool. I always took that as the nature of Ni processing, in a way.

Permabanned
I don't know where else to put this, so I'm putting it here. If you have precognition, it can be so discouraging when people attempt to explain it away or talk you out of it. Any time I have an experience of it, I like to tell it, so others who experience it will get some support.

An old friend who moved away a few years ago called me last week. He said he was coming to the east coast to help his mother pack and move south, and he'd like to stop at my place on the drive down and stay the night, he and his mother. I said that was fine, but I immediately got a feeling of dissonance and thought that it was not going to happen, because, for one, she would be moving in July.

He just called and said they'd decided she would move in July.

How did I know this? I have no idea. I just did. That's how my life is.

I've had a few INFJ girl friends sharing this kind of stuff. You are not alone. [Ni freaks] :wack::eeep::voodoo:
:cheese:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh.

Here's another one. We had a trial coming up, at work. We have to book hotel rooms about 2 months in advance in order to make sure we have the rooms when it's time for the trial. The hotel kept pushing me to sign a contract for the rooms. Once I sign a contract, the firm has to pay a percentage of the rooms if for some reason the case settles or the case is withdrawn at the last minute. Last time that happened, the hotel hit us up for $75,000. Something kept telling me not to sign the contract, so I kept stringing the hotel along ... "Oh, can't sign today, the attorney's out of town and not avaialble to look this over ... " etc., meanwhile the hotel had its boot on my neck, talking about if you don't sign, we won't hold the rooms, we're warning you. I held off and held off. And ... the case didn't make. One week before we were to go to the hearing, it all fell apart. So I emailed the hotel that we would not be wanting the rooms after all, and the hotel manager emailed back and said ok, they would let me know what fees we had to pay, and I said we pay no fees because I didn't sign a contract. :D THAT'S RIGHT, MOTHERFUCKERS. YOU DO NOT GET A PIECE OF US THIS TIME!

Man, I was so proud of myself. And my boss was happy, too.

P.S. I was sweating blood, too. This happened in April, the height of the tourist season around here. We could just as easily have ended up with the trial proceeding and us with no hotel rooms, which could have got me fired. I trusted my gut and it paid off.

If you lead with Ni, then lead with Ni. Don't talk yourself out of your intuition.

How did I know this? I don't know. I just knew.

Permabanned
Heh.

Here's another one. We had a trial coming up, at work. We have to book hotel rooms about 2 months in advance in order to make sure we have the rooms when it's time for the trial. The hotel kept pushing me to sign a contract for the rooms. Once I sign a contract, the firm has to pay a percentage of the rooms if for some reason the case settles or the case is withdrawn at the last minute. Last time that happened, the hotel hit us up for $75,000. Something kept telling me not to sign the contract, so I kept stringing the hotel along ... "Oh, can't sign today, the attorney's out of town and not avaialble to look this over ... " etc., meanwhile the hotel had its boot on my neck, talking about if you don't sign, we won't hold the rooms, we're warning you. I held off and held off. And ... the case didn't make. One week before we were to go to the hearing, it all fell apart. So I emailed the hotel that we would not be wanting the rooms after all, and the hotel manager emailed back and said ok, they would let me know what fees we had to pay, and I said we pay no fees because I didn't sign a contract. :D THAT'S RIGHT, MOTHERFUCKERS. YOU DO NOT GET A PIECE OF US THIS TIME!

Man, I was so proud of myself. And my boss was happy, too.

P.S. I was sweating blood, too. This happened in April, the height of the tourist season around here. We could just as easily have ended up with the trial proceeding and us with no hotel rooms, which could have got me fired. I trusted my gut and it paid off.

If you lead with Ni, then lead with Ni. Don't talk yourself out of your intuition.

How did I know this? I don't know. I just knew.
:SaiyanSmilie_anim::solidarity:

Pajderman

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I experience this type of situations too.
Maybe not as extreme as your examples.

I had a habit of answering questions before a person had asked them. This used to freak some people out so I have sort of stoped doing it.
Regardless I feel more comfortable in waiting before answering. But its hard some times when the answer just pops up.
This only occurs when it´s only me and one other person present.